Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster v Charlton Playoffs first leg 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Nothing to add, not home yet. Great day nice to meet RedChaser and son. 
    How you getting home was indoors at 7pm
  • Take a win every day; but we need to score early on Friday, will settle everyone down, longer it goes on the edgier it will get and they’ll fancy it more. Brutally fast start, and try and kill it 
  • Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Haven’t seen it back yet but how did Cullen not get a pen in the second half?
    Personally thought it was a dive/went over very easily, didn’t think it was a pen. 
    I thought Cullen was shoved.

And if so, it would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

Would have been ridiculous soft, never a pen. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Haven’t seen it back yet but how did Cullen not get a pen in the second half?
    Personally thought it was a dive/went over very easily, didn’t think it was a pen. 
    Sort of slapped in the face but went down like a sack of spuds. 
  • cabbles said:
    I also disagree with Blair's comments... He's talking like its 2-2

They dont just need a result against us at the Valley but need to score by two clear goals

Shrewsbury last season were the last team to manage that in SE7
    1-0 to them would be enough. Then penalties.
  • TV viewer. Taylor head and shoulders above all Doncaster players, kept dropping back to throw their shape and keep us flowing. Parker did a job and worked hard. 

Aribo, Dijksteel & Taylor and their unpredictable styles will be important in the second leg, I can only imagine Doncaster being a little more brutal on them next leg. Donc were drilled but lost their way when we popped around the place positionally. The referee won't let as much slide as he did today so may be a different complexity to to the match. 

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• At the game, what did SCP say to get a few people riled up?
  • LTKapal said:
    At the game, what did SCP say to get a few people riled up?
    He seemed to join in with the “Donny have a chance” sentiments that Sky were trying to whip up to get people to watch on Friday, but he did say he thought Charlton would win it.
  • Would have taken a draw beforehand but I actually left the ground feeling deflated after they pulled one back. The fact that we went so negative, so early on in the second half, simply invited them on to us. I honestly think we could have got 3 or 4 today and killed it off had we not been so negative in the second half. Doncaster were shockingly woeful and 1-2 flattered them, but they'll now feel they have a chance. 
  • TEL said:
    We looked good with two up top but can’t understand why we went all defensive bringing on Pearce for Parker who ran his heart out. Cruising at 0-2 and should have gone on to score more. Glad I was there. Great noise from our support, whisper quiet fro their fans. We look a class above them. 

Bibbed you on the A1 North.  Glad that you got a ticket and were able to enjoy the match.
  • WSA said:
    TEL said:
    We looked good with two up top but can’t understand why we went all defensive bringing on Pearce for Parker who ran his heart out. Cruising at 0-2 and should have gone on to score more. Glad I was there. Great noise from our support, whisper quiet fro their fans. We look a class above them. 

Bibbed you on the A1 North.  Glad that you got a ticket and were able to enjoy the match.
    Ah that was you heading north after the game.i gave you a wave but I guess we were too high up for you to notice. Staying in York tonight.
  • edited May 2019
    More enjoyable drive going than coming back - got stuck for ages getting out of car park! Got in and have just watched the Newport v Mansfield game. Well done Newport.

I thought we were the better team and we won which was what we would have all taken before the game. I thought they needed a lead coming to the Valley and they haven't got one. Strangely, their late goal could be a positive, as we have to treat it as 0-0 and impose our greater ability on them. I presume we made changes as Parker had a bit of a knock. If he was fit, he should have stayed on. I hope Williams starts on Friday. Parker was excellent. Ref didn't give one of the many fouls on Taylor, some were not even subtle. I thought he was a disgracefully poor official.

But first part of the job done. I would say, man for man we are far better than them. Play to thrash them on Friday like we did Luton and Rochdale and I can't see any way back for them. Have a mind on the lead we have and it could get hairy!
  • Great shots Ross thanks
  • Comfortable throughout, a real shame that we’re not going into Friday with a two goal cushion. 

We finished 15 points ahead of them and it showed.

Surprised not to see Reeves on the bench and I would have brought Williams on for Parker.

Confident that we’ll get the job done on Friday.

Great atmosphere and really good to see so many Charlton fans with smiles on their faces! 

• Donny are just not as good as us. 
    Prepare for a trip on the Jubilee Line. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Ditto some of the comments and I thought everyone played well and great team spirit and real confidence. That will carry over to The Valley and I’m sure we can finish the job we have started so well...Team, fans and management what a powerful connection and good vibes. I thought Doncaster were good hosts and a very pleasant day. Drove back via the A1 and went passed Wembley and as I looked it did seem very close. ! Cannot wait for the second leg with all the home tickets sold and the potential for a big night under the lights with all my Charlton mates
  • edited May 2019
    If Igor was fit for Friday, I wouldn't drop Parker. He was excellent today.
    The bottom line is Igor, if fit, is more likely to score than Josh Parker. 
    As well as Parker played he should've done better with that header. I have never been keen on non scoring Strikers because sooner or later it will cost you big time.
    Josh put in a great shift today but at home we need to be clinical. 
  • If Igor was fit for Friday, I wouldn't drop Parker. He was excellent today.
    Good 60 minute sub right there.
  • By all accounts Igor will not be fit. Let's have more of the "one Joshie Parker" chant.
  • Love a bit of confidence but it’s a 1 goal advantage we are not at Wembley yet so we don’t need to be hearing the songs, if we play like I know we can will be a 3/4 goal smashing of Donnie but it is Charlton and we never do thing the easy way 
    Agree, the Charlton way is to concede at approx 7:49pm on Friday and then 86 minutes of squeaky bum...or at least it used to be! I have a feeling...call it optimism...that it is no longer our M.O.!
  • Would’ve took a one goal win today before kick off should’ve been a 0-3 lead but in typical Charlton fashion we have made it less comfortable 

cant wait for Friday now where we should push on with gone advantage we have been brilliant at home this season which has been the best thing about it all 

halftime let’s go COYR