Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Marquis......the danger man for Doncaster.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Like Taylor,a player you hate when on the other team but would really like in a Charlton shirt.

Terrible penalty 

Definitely prefer Lyle :-)
    Lyle and Marquis front two would be outstanding.
    In League 1 maybe, which I think is Marquis's level.
    Lyle is destined for a higher level.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Like Taylor,a player you hate when on the other team but would really like in a Charlton shirt.

Terrible penalty 

Lyles not young, if he was going to play at a higher level, he would have already 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Terrible penalty 

Lyles not young, if he was going to play at a higher level, he would have already 
    So we should get rid of him if we get promoted?
  • Options
    Marquis was the only one I genuinely felt sorry for out of the Donny lot. Would definitely sign him.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Terrible penalty 

How old was kermogant when he first played top flight ootball
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    People don't understand how players change and improve as they get older.

He's 29 and just peaking, should have at least another year or two as he is and then his pace will diminish, but his workrate will keep him playing for 3-5 years more than that at Championship level imo.
  • Options
    This fella who called Marquis a Millwall c*** and shared the clip online, there’s a clip of him, done the rounds a while back, getting confronted by a couple of  Millwall after he got a bit gobby on social media, made to apologise, which he duly did, I won’t share it on here as it’s proper humiliating for the lad, but let’s just say he doesn’t go calling them Millwall c****s, like he bravely did in this clip to Marquis. 
    His initials are JB. Not sure he posts on here. 
    Do you mean the guy that said that in the clip to Marquis also put something up about Millwall in general on social media and got confronted by your lot and they made him apologise,, of which they also filmed?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    This fella who called Marquis a Millwall c*** and shared the clip online, there’s a clip of him, done the rounds a while back, getting confronted by a couple of  Millwall after he got a bit gobby on social media, made to apologise, which he duly did, I won’t share it on here as it’s proper humiliating for the lad, but let’s just say he doesn’t go calling them Millwall c****s, like he bravely did in this clip to Marquis. 
    Prove it......otherwise I’ll have no alternative other than to consider you a liar.
    Incidentally.....the guy is an idiot.
  • Options
    He can't be from Downham as never come in my shop next to Grove Park BR Station
  • Options
    Prove it......otherwise I’ll have no alternative other than to consider you a liar.
    Ignore him.
    It ain't worth it.
  • Options
    Did you have a shop next to Grove Park station? You should've mentioned this before :wink:
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Did you have a shop next to Grove Park station? You should've mentioned this before :wink:
    I'm not one to broadcast my affairs on the internet mate, keep my cards close to my poitrine
  • Options
    What some players need is to play with better players. The style we play and where Taylor fits into that really suits him. He would absolutely be great in the Championship for us. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    People don't understand how players change and improve as they get older.

He's 29 and just peaking, should have at least another year or two as he is and then his pace will diminish, but his workrate will keep him playing for 3-5 years more than that at Championship level imo.
    It's a no from me, players are peaking earlier theses days. He's not gonna cut in champ imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought dazzler was talking about Taylor
  • Options
    Wilks signed for Leeds in 2016 so could be out of contract soon. Home grown but Belsia may be under pressire, given a budget and ignore home grown players.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    I'm not one to broadcast my affairs on the internet mate, keep my cards close to my poitrine
    Hark at you with your fancy frenchy france talk.
    You’ll be telling us you’ve moved over there next.
  • Options
    Wilks signed for Leeds in 2016 so could be out of contract soon. Home grown but Belsia may be under pressire, given a budget and ignore home grown players.
    Contract expires with Leeds on the 31st of May. I imagine they will keep him after the season he has had, if not a championship club will snap him up 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    You just did.
  • Options
    Contract expires with Leeds on the 31st of May. I imagine they will keep him after the season he has had, if not a championship club will snap him up 
    Maybe a Championship club like Charlton?
  • Options
    Don’t think it does expire then. From wiki:

On 24 August 2017, Wilks signed a new four-year contract with Leeds United.[7]Whilst out on loan to Doncaster Rovers, on 1 January 2019, Wilks signed a new 2 year contract extension at Leeds, and extended his loan at Doncaster.[8]

2023 by my maths. 

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe a Championship club like Charlton?
    Touche, either way I don't see him being a Charlton player, think he has Nottingham Forest or a side like that written all over him.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Don’t think it does expire then. From wiki:

On 24 August 2017, Wilks signed a new four-year contract with Leeds United.[7]Whilst out on loan to Doncaster Rovers, on 1 January 2019, Wilks signed a new 2 year contract extension at Leeds, and extended his loan at Doncaster.[8]

2023 by my maths. 

I am just going by the transfermarkt site mate and what I've seen on twitter. A lot of Doncaster fans hopeful he will re-sign saying he is out of contract 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mallik-wilks/profil/spieler/477704
  • Options
    Laughable how badly millwall have reacted to this,  this certainly isn’t the double hard club of hard getting upset over someone using the c word!! Also they are slightly obsessed last few days - funny for a club that “Doesn’t” care about us.