Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Marquis......the danger man for Doncaster.

Comments

• Options
    I agree Taylor is definitely the obvious danger man.
    He's far better than his Millwall days.
    He has the skill of finding space and being in the right place at the right time, like all top strikers.
    We definitely need to stop him.
    Donny Life this morning
    It's not over until those large Donny lasses sing.
  • Options
    Alfie May is also a local lad.
  • Options
    No doubt Marquis is their main man but Malik Wilks has looked good for them too and caused us problems. I think this could be a tougher game than Sunderland tbh.
  • Options
    Let's not worry about them and let them worry about us.

As a comparison Marquis is a far better striker than Taylor. 
    More from Donny Life
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Ravenswood lad, you’ll be able to spot him in beckenham on a Saturday night .........

Lolwray said 

He went to ravenswood school...he played alongside my nephew when the school got to a national final played at anfield 

The funny thing is that he was by no means one of the outstanding players on the day..seemed a nice lad though despite the spanners connection 
  • Options
    No doubt Marquis is their main man but Malik Wilks has looked good for them too and caused us problems. I think this could be a tougher game than Sunderland tbh.
    I would have preferred Sunderland, wouldn’t have minded a late Pompey goal yesterday. 

But theres 4 teams in the play offs who are all capable on their day so doesn’t matter about the draw really, we just have have 3 massive games regardless of opposition. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
     said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Ravenswood lad, you’ll be able to spot him in beckenham on a Saturday night .........

Lolwray said 

He went to ravenswood school...he played alongside my nephew when the school got to a national final played at anfield 

The funny thing is that he was by no means one of the outstanding players on the day..seemed a nice lad though despite the spanners connection 
    “despite the spanners connection”.......And coming from Downham Estate!!!!! :/
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    J BLOCK said:

Lolwray said 

“despite the spanners connection”.......And coming from Downham Estate!!!!!
    Yes the Downham estate in west Wickham...maybe he was born there and move on as a little un and told you that so he'd have more "street kudos" ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Jesus. You fellas do realise that he could've been born in Downham and, you know, moved?

Personally I dont doubt he's from Downham. Just have a quick look on Google images and look at the gormless expression on his boat in most of them!
    Is that the Downham in Bromley?!!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Jesus. You fellas do realise that he could've been born in Downham and, you know, moved?

Personally I dont doubt he's from Downham. Just have a quick look on Google images and look at the gormless expression on his boat in most of them!
    To be fair he's more likely to give a more accurate and honest account of his life history in a brief 5 post match chat with an oppo fan than his friends/ acquaintances and school mates of years who suggest  he's from West Wickham.

In fact I think I recall a blue plaque on whitefoot lane in his honour not far from the statute of him outside the Tavern.
  • Options
    Doncaster John.
    The Marquis of West Wickham.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

To be fair he's more likely to give a more accurate and honest account of his life history in a brief 5 post match chat with an oppo fan than his friends/ acquaintances and school mates of years who suggest  he's from West Wickham.

In fact I think I recall a blue plaque on whitefoot lane in his honour not far from the statute of him outside the Tavern.
    Is that just along from the statue of nolly, laying on the deck sparko?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    All games in the playoffs are tough. No reason not to feel confident. Two players being highlighted for them as a danger. Put the boot on the other foot and see how many names you come up with. 

Im not saying we will win the tie but there’s nothing to fear and no reason why we shouldn’t progress.
  • Options
    Doncaster John.
    The Marquis of West Wickham.
    Might be related to The Marquis of Granby
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He knows where the goal is but not as complete a striker as Taylor.
  • Options
    Think he may be out of contract next month ...
  • Options
    Not yet a Baron, Earl or Duke .. He's improved with age and experience and has been a consistent scorer over the seasons. He s an expert at just staying an inch onside and often gets away with being just marginally offside .. he's good, Taylor is better, Donny has more to worry about than do we
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=81f8637cf5530d981daff3bef485b359&topic=270228.0

so if their managementt has the same knowledge about us as their fans then this will be a walk in the park.

one of them still thinks we have Grant, one was sort of gloating they had a bigger gate than us and another basically said when we are both at their best they are the better team? Guess the 15 point gap was luck then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the only thing that could set naby back is the game especially the night game is bang in the middle of ramadam. 
  • Options
    the only thing that could set naby back is the game especially the night game is bang in the middle of ramadam. 
    If you have a valid reason not to participate, you don’t have to, and you just make up for loss time at the end. Like Salah for the champions league final last year
  • Options
    If you have a valid reason not to participate, you don’t have to, and you just make up for loss time at the end. Like Salah for the champions league final last year
    didn't know this cheers. 
  • Options
    They have a few decent players that we will have to respect. They have less decent players than Pompey or Sunderland, but they won't be easy opponents. If both teams play to their best, we will surely win though. But there is an 'if' in there!
  • Options
    Marquis is definitely the man who could score the goals for us tomorrow.
    Your man Taylor is certainly a better player than John but our man is the better finisher.
    Dismiss him at your peril.

• Options
    Marquis is definitely the man who could score the goals for us tomorrow.
    Your man Taylor is certainly a better player than John but our man is the better finisher.
    Dismiss him at your peril.

We'll just get Sarr to tw*t him ;)
  • Options
    Wilks seems the bigger threat? We have really good centre-backs. Like, easily Championship-level
  • Options
    Of course it’ll be tough but we have home advantage. A goal lead and in all honesty it’s Charltons to lose now. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Wilks and Marquis look better than anything Pompey and Sunderland had tonight.  This tie is a long way from over.
  • Options
    If Donny make it through then they will have thoroughly deserved it. Simples