Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Marquis......the danger man for Doncaster.

Comments

• Marquis is definitely the man who could score the goals for us tomorrow.
    Your man Taylor is certainly a better player than John but our man is the better finisher.
    Dismiss him at your peril.

We'll just get Sarr to tw*t him ;)
    Ha, John will be having a word or two in his shell like and moaning his way through the game.
    It should be an interesting battle.

Where is the best place for us northern lads to get a beer before the game.
  • Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    Your man Taylor is certainly a better player than John but our man is the better finisher.

Wouldn't say he is a better finisher (eg did you see Lyle's goal of the month?), but there is no doubt Marquis has respect from Addicks who have followed things all season. 
  • Cheers cheers for the pub info.
    We we’re going to cover our Rovers shirts up and just go into a boozer near the ground.
    Do you think our accents could give the game up.
  • Donny will be far more worried about Lyle T than we are of John Marquis I would hope...

We we’re going to cover our Rovers shirts up and just go into a boozer near the ground.
    If you are sensible you’ll have no problems, but I warn theyll be ridiculously busy. We’ve lost a lot of pubs in the area in the last few years.
  • Even that could be could be too much for warm 🍺.

By the way, I was impressed with Taylor’s quality on Sunday.
    some of his touches were sublime.
  • Sponsored links:

Lyle Taylor, 22 league goals
    John Marquis, 21 league goals.

So much for being a better finisher. I would say there isn't a single aspect Marquis is better than Taylor in, but each to their own. Not even going to compare them as team players/assists cause it's a land slide in Taylor's favour 

So much for being a better finisher. I would say there isn't a single aspect Marquis is better than Taylor in, but each to their own. Not even going to compare them as team players/assists cause it's a land slide in Taylor's favour 
    We’ll to be fair, it would be on this forum.
    Might be a bit different on ours.

One goal difference isn’t much is it.

We’ll to be fair, it would be on this forum.
    Might be a bit different on ours.

One goal difference isn’t much is it.
    He has double his assists and it's very clear if you watch the two Taylor has more to his game. One goal more yeah but if Marquis is the better finisher he would have more goals, I'm gonna assume he has played more as well cause Taylor has missed a few games this season. 

Either way don't think any of us are writing Doncaster or Marquis off. Reckon most of us would take a player like Marquis here 
  • DRAddick said:
    Cheers cheers for the pub info.
    No, but you handing over £1.50 for a pint might give you a way. 
    And leaving the whippet tied up outside.

We'll just get Sarr to tw*t him ;)
    Ha, John will be having a word or two in his shell like and moaning his way through the game.
    It should be an interesting battle.

Where is the best place for us northern lads to get a beer before the game.
    Don't believe he'll be allowed to bring a step ladder onto the pitch though.....
  • Leuth said:
    Let's not forget that Marquis has scored more goals for us than Parker this season ;)
    So he has got 22 then.
    LOL.  Seriously get a beer in Greenwich. The Antigallican is like a film set rejected from Shameless because it was too depressing and there is only one other pub genuinely near the ground and really wearing a jacket over your shirt isn't going to work there...
  • Sponsored links:

LOL.  Seriously get a beer in Greenwich. The Antigallican is like a film set rejected from Shameless because it was too depressing and there is only one other pub genuinely near the ground and really wearing a jacket over your shirt isn't going to work there...
    The Antigallican closed at the end of last season (or thereabouts).
  • Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    Are the 'Angerstein' and the 'Anchor In Hope' no longer taking away fans ? I've never liked the former but I was in the Anchor In Hope with some Sunderland supporting mates before our game back in January. It was full of Mackems and was absolutely fine. There are lots of tables outside by the river as well for a nice evening.

Local pubs have been dropping like nine pins but it's shame if there is nowhere near the ground for away fans, especially as we were treated so well up at Donny on Sunday.

As AKFA says, Greenwich a good alternative, as is Blackheath (which is only one stop down the line).
    The Antigallican closed at the end of last season (or thereabouts).
    Jesus has it been that long?
  • Blucher said:
    Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    Are the 'Angerstein' and the 'Anchor In Hope' no longer taking away fans ? I've never liked the former but I was in the Anchor In Hope with some Sunderland supporting mates before our game back in January. It was full of Mackems and was absolutely fine. There are lots of tables outside by the river as well for a nice evening.

Local pubs have been dropping like nine pins but it's shame if there is nowhere near the ground for away fans, especially as we were treated so well up at Donny on Sunday.

As AKFA says, Greenwich a good alternative, as is Blackheath (which is only one stop down the line).
    Just stfup about the Anchor, please!
  • PopIcon said:
    No one has mentioned James Coppinger, he shits me up more than anyone else.
    Got a great right peg and will shoot from outside the box, that is where I can see us conceding. Plus he's been with Doncaster for a million years and will be looking for a swansong.
    Coppinger is their real danger . If he starts ( and I think he will ) we have to stop him shooting outside the box . As for Marquis, I think he’s very average but he can’t be terrible against us all the time so I’d be really wary of him .
  • edited May 2019
    Coppinger will be squashed by Bielik and retire at the end, saying only 'the children have taken all that is mine'
  • PopIcon said:
    No one has mentioned James Coppinger, he shits me up more than anyone else.
    Got a great right peg and will shoot from outside the box, that is where I can see us conceding. Plus he's been with Doncaster for a million years and will be looking for a swansong.
    Coppinger is their real danger . If he starts ( and I think he will ) we have to stop him shooting outside the box . As for Marquis, I think he’s very average but he can’t be terrible against us all the time so I’d be really wary of him .
    He doesnt have 90 minutes in him, however I'd very very surprised if he didn't start. Probably has the most assists for Doncaster.
  • how many goals for Taylor and marquis without penalties 
  • edited May 2019
    Cheers cheers for the pub info.
    Drink in Blackheath, then 3 minutes by train.

The Railway is next to the station.