Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notre Dame

Comments

• Options
    i agree regarding buildings being important BUT the media headlines from pretty much every british paper is " we mourn with paris " i have also just heard that we are ringing the bells of westminster abbey at 5.43pm to mark the moment the fire started, when you compare this to grenfell where people died it seems extremely ott. 

@captainbob yes i would be upset too but i wouldnt mourn for it aslong as nobody was hurt.  
    Please tell me that's a wind up? . What a clown show this modern world is at times

Grief- mongering at every opportunity and avoiding getting to grips with the real important issues of our day like apocalyptic  climate change, global poverty, teen stabbings and the sanctioning  of deluded geriatric fuckwits to unleash their monstrous fuckwittery unabated upon great footballing institutions.

Deary me. 
    No, it changed from wind-up to electric, circa 1936. 
  • Options
    Before I score some cheap Atheist points, can I say that it's sad that an iconic building has been so ravaged by fire, But I don't think  anyone has died (unlike Grenville towers) so like most fires they are not discerning and don't care if palace or slum.

Why doesn't God do a better job of looking after his own ?
    which one? 
    Last time I checked Dave, Catholics only believe in the one God, so he/she or gender fluid God will do.
    Yeah the same one as the Jews and the Muslims and a few other religions. 
  • Options
    Good news, Quasimodo is ok... Bad news, he cannot find his back pack!

• Options
    i agree regarding buildings being important BUT the media headlines from pretty much every british paper is " we mourn with paris " i have also just heard that we are ringing the bells of westminster abbey at 5.43pm to mark the moment the fire started, when you compare this to grenfell where people died it seems extremely ott. 

@captainbob yes i would be upset too but i wouldnt mourn for it aslong as nobody was hurt.  
    Ffs what next
    Tomorrow off work for a day of mourning.
  • Options
    In hours over 650 million Euros raised. In months and months £25million raised for the twenty plus murdered in Manchester------------- get some fecking perspective.
    State of the modern world. 
  • Options
    The Kop Remembers
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Ffs what next
    Hurrah!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    clb74 said:

Ffs what next
    Tomorrow off work, but only coz I was due to be fitting pigeon spikes on the ND spire
  • Options
    600m euros raised in 1 day for a poxy old church. Fucking mental.
  • Options
    With all the money raised/donated there is a bright side. They will be able to add some extra floors and modernise it a bit!
  • Options
    Has our government the one that'll tell us we have no money chipped in our 20 million yet
  • Options
    600m euros raised in 1 day for a poxy old church. Fucking mental.
    Entire amount donated by 4 French billionaires/companies who clearly have nothing better to do with their money.
  • Options
    It's a decent legacy to leave if you've got the money I spose
  • Options
    I doubt if much money is raised by Jean public.

They have more important things to worry about than an old church owner by the Government they hate.

That's what an insurance policy is for.
  • Options
    Has the Vatican offered any financial help yet?
  • Options
    Has the Vatican offered any financial help yet?
    More likely to take 10% from the money raised as an 'admin fee'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, what a tweet.
  • Options
    Never seen such an OTT reaction to a fire. Even my own family with my wife posting photos of when the kids were young and we visited Paris and ND. The building can be salvaged and rebuilt and the antiquities mostly saved. Hopefully they can redirect some of the money for more worthy causes. 
  • Options
    Macron wants to rebuild in 5 years. In articles I am reading experts seem to think it will take 10-20 years.
  • Options
    I can't imagine why experts would want it dragged out and delayed.
    $$$/
  • Options
    With all the money raised/donated there is a bright side. They will be able to add some extra floors and modernise it a bit!
    Good idea......maybe get Kirsty and Phil to do a “Love it or list it” special?
  • Options
    I don't know why God let it happen in the first place!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

16 April 
    2007 - Virginia Tech shooting: 32 killed 
    2008 - trial of Anders Breivik (murdered 77 people) commences 
    2013 - earthquake in Iran - 35 people killed 
    2013 - Boko Harem massacre in Nigeria, killing 200 civilians 
    2014 - South Korean ferry capsizes, killing 304 passengers 

And Theresa May decides to commemorate fire, which killed no-one.  This seems utterly bizarre.  But, on a day in which several more important tragedies could be remembered quietly, the Prime Minster decides to remember something from yesterday, noisily.  
    That's because the woman is a complete moron.
  • Options
    Phew, I was beginning to think I was the only person who thought that hysteria had taken over the world. Then I come on to good old CL and am reassured that not everyone has lost all sense of proportion about this fire. Anyone hear the ludicrous Archbishop of York on the Today programme this morning - all his guff about praying to God about the building. For what? I wanted to shout, "Don't you understand, you old fool, it was God's Will!"
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    LOL and still the certain types on here mention Theresa may get a grip for god sake man. 

this is what niggles me as soon as others mention politics on non political threads because you dont agree with it you spit your dummies out and play the victims. 

regarding the religion bashing - each to there own ( be an atheist because that is what you believe in not because all of a sudden Ricky gervais does it so its cool )but i am sure many other religious buildings have been destroyed in wars etc
  • Options
    LOL and still the certain types on here mention Theresa may get a grip for god sake man. 

this is what niggles me as soon as others mention politics on non political threads because you dont agree with it you spit your dummies out and play the victims. 

regarding the religion bashing - each to there own but i am sure many other religious buildings have been destroyed in wars etc
    Exactly. Seen very little news coverage about the fire at Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, which happened on the same night as Notre Dame. Sadly western media don't care about other holy buildings.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!