Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    first time was 85 stoke game, then while in exile we broke in after mark tivey (charlton youth team player made a couple of first team games)s birthday party in the village, 89 for clear up, 92 for valley return helpers match, and will be back on it on 25th may as our vets team have hired it out for a match - could be a great weekend coming up with play off final the next day - hopefully  
  • Options
    Yes
    Run on the pitch when we beat Villa 2-0 after losing the away game 11-1,also run on the pitch when George Best played for us against Arsenal in a testimonial,just get as near as possible to my idol and the finest player who ever lived.
    I liked Les Berry too but you exaggerate when you say he is the finest player whoever lived  ;)  
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    Like a few others

1975 v Preston
    1983  after the last day escape v Bolton
    1985 v Stoke
    1989 Sunday morning clear up

Ran on and told Paddy Powell Sheffield Utd had lost at the end of our last home game v Oldham in 1979. This kept us up, at least until the following seasons disaster.

At one point, Charlton ramped up the admission price from 35 to 40p becuase of kids running on the pitch. In true CAFC PR style they did it for the OAPs as well, who were pretty blameless and weren't happy to say the least.

• Options
    Yes

Seeing the pics of The Valley clean up day in the 80s got me thinking this week? Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

Could have been for that, or a charity game, or a pitch invasion, protest, presentation, broken in overnight etc...

Have you ever been on the pitch and if so, when and what for? 

Played on the old pitch 1969 with Woolwich schools, (beat Medway schools 3-1) on the new one early 2000s vs Blackburn a bit of  a corporate jolly
  • Options
    Yes
    Yup, several times as a nipper, couple as a teenager, couple as an adult and once against medical advice. (Bloody sofa had to go).

• Options
    Yes
    Should you now include Man City in this poll