Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    Last game before we went to Selhust. Took a lump of turf home in my pocket. My missus thought I was mad. I re-laid in my garden and as far as I know there is still a piece of the valley pitch in Bexhill
  • Options
    Yes
    Loads of times in the 1970s.  I would run onto the pitch, slap as many Charlton players on the back saying "well played" and run back into the Covered End, where I would grab my Dad's programme, turn to the back page and use the team list to work out which players they were. 

And about ten years ago, in a match playing for "Charlton" against "England", having won a T-Mobile competition.  2-2.  Went to penalties.  The "England" goalkeeper had a P*l*ce shirt on, so the pressure was on to score.  Did him with my eyes. 
  • Options
    Yes
    I was hired for a promotional video a couple of years back. Promised a whole days money but in the end they only needed me in the centre circle with another actor for about 30-seconds, should have known after I’d read the script.....
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes.
    At the last game v Stoke, the charlton life charity game, a staff rep game and another match.
  • Options
    Loads. In early 70s used to always run on the pitch at the end of the game. Preston 75 got on pitch. Last game at the valley v Stoke got on pitch and was also part of the cohort to clear up the ground in 89!
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes a few times as a ball boy back in the mid 90's.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes.

But then I am Simon Francis.
  • Options
    Yes
    PaddyP17 said:
    Yes. I was a mascot when I was six. I played a one-two with Mark Kinsella.

Also, Burnley. And some other time, I think, but can't remember
    So it was you who played the through ball for Kinsella to score (the goal where he run from near the half way line and told the linesman he was on side!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No
    LenGlover said:
    Charlton Life Tour of the ground not long after @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT set the site up.

Kevin Nolan hosted.

I was on that tour, but I'm convinced Paddy was mowing the lawn whilst keeping an eye on everyone to make sure they didn't go on the grass??

I worked at the Valley for 2 years but have never been on the pitch.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    Played there 3 times.

Valley Clean up

After the Burnley and Middlesbrough last games of the season.

Twice when pissed up after a night out. One of the times we were in there for an hour messing about.

i also used to bunk off school a fair bit when the ground was derelict.  My mates and I would go and to The Valley get in and play football amongst the weeds. 

• Options
    Yes
    @Chizz said:
    @happyvalley @Fumbluff happy reunion! 
    Great minds think alike and all that, exact same posting time too....
  • Options
    Yes. 
    Family sponsored the Blackpool game (first game our Dad took KB to the Valley in the 1800’s or so :wink: ) so we all went en mass to the center circle as Bob Bolder insisted. There were loads of us!
    Brilliant day. 
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, Who ‘76
  • Options
    Yes
    During the painting in the week leading up to the return and as part of the "Covered End Choir" on the pitch promoting the charity single.  
  • Options
    Yes
    1975 - to celebrate promotion v Preston

1985 - v Stoke

1988 - after the Coventry game at Selhurst, I climbed into the ground on the way home from the pub shortly after closing time 
  • Options
    Yes
    Last game at the Valley.  A piece of the hallowed turf is alive and growing in the garden of my mum's old maisonette in Blendon Road, Blackfen... 
  • Options
    Back in the day when our Junior Reds and visiting junior fans took penalties (against my boy in goal).
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes

21st September 1985 - after the game

Countless times when it was derelict

Valley clear up (1st)

Corporate game at end of season

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes
    Fumbluff said:
    @Chizz said:
    @happyvalley @Fumbluff happy reunion! 
    Great minds think alike and all that, exact same posting time too....
    May I be the first to wish you both a very happy future together .
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes.
    Preston promotion game 1975.
    Final Valley game 1985 v Stoke at half time.
    10 years ago when I won the Charlton Jackpot.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yep. Used to work there part time. I was good at painting penalty spots and lifting divots at halftime. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    Yes

Pitch invader in the 70s.
    Cup Final 1981, lost.
    Last game at The Valley.
    Presenting the POTY to Scotty Parker
    Orangized a 5-a-side competition for CASC.
    CL match

• Options

Ones I can remember:

CL Ground Tour with Kevin Nolan

CL Charity game

3 Blokes from F Block charity singing pre-Liverpool game (No roof Covered End)

Demelza cheque presentation

Upbeats Day v Derby when the Upbeats went for an unscheduled (brilliant) 2nd lap of honour

Burnley last game of season

Upbeats Day V Derby.....unscheduled extra lap of honour.
    A moment I’ll never forget, because I learned that it was possible to laugh and cry at the same time.
  • Options
    Yes Stoke game in 1985 and when my company did match sponsorship in the glory days
  • Options
    Yes
    Last game before we went to Selhust. Took a lump of turf home in my pocket. Copied this bit from @Bexhill Addick, I did exactly the same, planted the turf in my garden at Bickley. Have since moved no idea if it is still there.

Boy was I angry that day, just as I am now & have been since the Belgium plank took over.  When will the gods smile on us again. 
  • Options
    Yes
    Yep, been on a couple of times, both as part of an official pre-match event. In the Curbs years.
  • Options
    Yes
    YES

Near the end of the 80's,maybe 85/86 was in the Boys Brigade marching band...before & at half time,can't mem who we were playing tho...🙄
  • Options
    Yes. Naked.
    Oi Oi Firthy.