Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer linked with QPR

Comments

• Options
    How bizarre, surely a managers contract is quite simple, how difficult can it be. Rate of pay and responsibilities. What bonkers clauses can they realistically of put in there. Maybe it's if he's sacked at one club he is still employed and has to go to another in the 'group'......
  • Options
    i'd imagine they want commitment from LB without offering him any assurances.

short rolling contract with no pay off for sacking him but compensation due if he wants to leave.
  • Options
    i'd imagine they want commitment from LB without offering him any assurances.

short rolling contract with no pay off for sacking him but compensation due if he wants to leave.
    Yep, that's what I envision too. Remember, no matter the official line out of the club, Roland doesn't really care that Bow is the manager, in his view he has the job because he's cheap, junior and previously would have accepted those kind of rolling terms. 

• Options
    edited April 2019
    With a manager, if a bigger club wants them they normally go contract or no contract. Actually, it is not far off that with a player, although possibly even more so with a manager. It is usually around compensation if they are under contract.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Until Bowyer signs a new deal with us there is a potential danger. There will be the usual merry go round of top league two, league one and a few Championship managers at the end of the season. I would think Bowyer will feature on any of those lists. Personally I think he’ll stay.
    Contracts mean nothing in terms of managers staying put anyway, especially with the money being spent in the Championship
    Maybe but Charlton obviously want to offer LB one and LB iskeen to sign one so its not true theymean nothing. 
  • Options
    QPR are a basket case why would he want to go there, let them have Pardew a great fit.
  • Options
    LB: "It's a bit different to a normal contract that I've ever seen before." #cafc

What a shower of Shit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    LB: "It's a bit different to a normal contract that I've ever seen before." #cafc

Well done to the comms team for highlighting this nonsense 
    This. After peddling his nonsense for the first years they're finally waking up. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    QPR are a basket case why would he want to go there, let them have Pardew a great fit.
    But they are a basket case already in the Championship with some possibility of buying players rather than a League 1 basket case with a self-imposed transfer embargo.
  • Options
    Problem is, is that Bowyer is a liability to Roland. The way Bowyer is going he may well get the club promoted and Roland doesn’t want that. I wonder if the contract states that he starts on a reasonable salary and he is docked 2% for every game won. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Secret filming of Roland's email being composed.

Image result for confused cat on keyboard gif
    Think the cat would make more sense than Roland.
  • Options
    By “different”... I will be dollar’s to doughnuts that it includes the following..

1. He cannot publicly criticise RD
    2. Roland can end the contract at will with no payoff
    3. Can be terminated by a new owner without notice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's in Flemish.
  • Options

It's in Flemish.
    More likely to be in gibberish! 
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure Lee will be talking to his agent and/or the league managers association as well as Murray.

But as with Bowyer's comments about not being allowed to sign a free agent he knows EXACTLY what he is saying and why.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Wouldn't surprise me if the uncertainty over new contracts for Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall and Gallen continues into the play-offs. After all, if Duchatelet really doesn't want the team to gain promotion, what better way to is there to achieve that. He sold our top scorer and didn't replace him, blocked Bowyer's attempts to sign a striker who was a free agent, has seemingly buggered up the offering of new contracts to those players whose contracts are being run down, and the final piece in the jigsaw is to continue to dangle the management on a piece of string where their own contracts are concerned. Could this obnoxious Belgian have played it any better than this?
    He is a cold and callous individual who knows exactly what he is doing.
  • Options
    What's different about the contract is that he has to claim his salary on expenses from the EFL.
  • Options
    You would think that a new contract looks just like the old one but with changed dates and rates and maybe a couple of new clauses dependent on any changes they might want reflected. A contract that looks nothing like anything he has ever seen before and which he is struggling to comprehend would suggest Roland has torn the old one up. If that's what happened, then the driver must be to renegotiate more on Roland's terms. Given his absolute failure to agree anything with anyone over the sale of the club, I fear the worst. Much as I hate to say it, Duchatelet doesn't deserve any success, so I would support Bowyer in looking elsewhere for his next job. Gallen and Jackson too will probably take a big steer on this. Roland Duchatelet continues to prove he is the biggest arsehole involved in football and a man completely out-of-touch with the game or what's really happening at the club he owns.
  • Options

Well done to the comms team for highlighting this nonsense 
    This. After peddling his nonsense for the first years they're finally waking up. 
    Are they publishing roly's humiliating drivel to undermine him or are they now so deeply infected by the bungling that they can't see the wood for the trees?
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me if the uncertainty over new contracts for Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall and Gallen continues into the play-offs. After all, if Duchatelet really doesn't want the team to gain promotion, what better way to is there to achieve that. He sold our top scorer and didn't replace him, blocked Bowyer's attempts to sign a striker who was a free agent, has seemingly buggered up the offering of new contracts to those players whose contracts are being run down, and the final piece in the jigsaw is to continue to dangle the management on a piece of string where their own contracts are concerned. Could this obnoxious Belgian have played it any better than this?
    He is a cold and callous individual who knows exactly what he is doing.
    I don’t think so.
  • Options
    We have a winner!
  • Options
    With regard to running the club, Airman, he has shown both ignorance and naivety these past 5 years and I concur that he hasn't a clue.
    However, if he is fixated on preventing promotion, he couldn't have done a better job on this particular occasion.