Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer linked with QPR

Comments

• edited April 2019
    IF......and that's a very big IF.....he goes, it won't be until the summer. QPR will bring in caretaker manager in the meantime.

Stand down one & all. 
  • If he does go fair play. He’s earnt it.
  • IF the Hooded Claw smells compo, he will be gone...
  • Wont be any compo he is out of contract in a few months
  • Sevenoaks ish I believe 
    I would have guessed Chislehurst or a bit further out.
    Would he rather New Eltham or presumably round the M25 daily to Hayes Middx.
    I know what my choice would be. New Eltham.
    Fair points but if I'm not mistaken I recall hearing stories of football managers moving houses when they take a new job with better pay and prospects.  For example I think there was a strong rumour that Fergie moved nearer to Old Trafford in the late 80s after the daily commute from Aberdeen became a "bit of a bugger"

;-) 
    If Bowyer was being offered the Chelsea job, I think he might commute to Cobham daily.
    If Chelsea trained at Hayes Middx, I think he might travel there daily.
    If he were offered the Man U job I could even see him commuting there until the summer, before relocating.
    But I can't see him going round the M25 daily for QPR hahahahahaha.

• DiscoCAFC said:
    Does anyone know roughly where Bowyer lives ?
    I say roughly as I doubt he want his exact address splashed on here.
    I doubt it would be be easier for him to get to Hayes, Middx every day, than New Eltham.
    I do, due to the job I'm doing and I can assure you and anyone that I will certainly not splash his exact location on here or to anybody else.

One thing I will say though is that he'd have to move.
    Are you his Butler?
  • No quotes= no story.
    Like Watergate, you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• "Lee Bowyer is believed to be keen on speaking to QPR about their vacant manager's job, according to Sky sources - but neither he nor Charlton have received any contact from Loftus Road. - Sky Sports."

So no quote from Bowyer and QPR haven't even contacted him, which basically means his agent has told Sky.
    I think it’s clear that Sky got it from the Evening Standard, whatever they did after that.
  • "Lee Bowyer is believed to be keen on speaking to QPR about their vacant manager's job, according to Sky sources - but neither he nor Charlton have received any contact from Loftus Road. - Sky Sports."

So no quote from Bowyer and QPR haven't even contacted him, which basically means his agent has told Sky.
    Bowyer's agent trying to force RD's hand for a better contract offer perhaps? 

I'd imagine Bowyer is probably on a short list but i'd be surprised if he's their first choice candidate. 

If only QPR could boast having a CEO able to do 20 interviews in a 24 hour swoop, this could all have been over by lunchtime tomorrow.
    This. I'd be amazed if there is anything concrete in this especially as Qpr were said this morning to be looking at Tim sherwood, Mark Warburton and Gary Rowett. 
  • If QPR just need a caretaker to gee up the players until the end of the season, then a Sherwood type would make sort of sense
  • Bowyer/ agent trying to get Roland to pull his finger out and offer him, jj and Marshall new deals 
  • edited April 2019
    In the football world, managers will express an interest in a job and then collect a pay rise from their current club to keep them sweet. Curbs did it and he's by no means the only one. 

However.....we exist in an alternative universe where Roly would see it as a way of avoiding promotion and the associated expense. Bowyer has performed tremendously well to keep us in a play off place with the club being dismantled around him, and, although football isn't about sentiment I'm sure he love to see it through. But, he's not even got a contract past the end of the season. I think our best hope of keeping him is that QPR are pretty potless but I don't think he's getting any encouragement in SE7 other than from us lot. 
  • And Gallen goes (home) too?
  • It just makes me want to press "go" on the assassination profile I have built on the Dark Web.... 
  • And Gallen goes (home) too?
    That’s what I thought too.
  • Bowyer is out of a job soon. He got his taste for it at Watford which is more of a schlepp than QPR.
    If he were to be offered a decent contract, at a higher level club like QPR, with respectable money (if money is his motivator anyway) then of course he should take the job if offered, and even start this week
    Or be out of work come summer.
    I think it is a very understandable thing to do if it happens, and I would wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• The club keep dragging its feet with the new deal. He's not gonna wait around forever 
  • Just glad I'm not a Charlton player right now.

Tough life when you put your trust in someone, you're on the verge of success, they are trying to persuade you to commit your future.

Then they clear off?

Hardly surprising, though. 
  • edited April 2019
    Just glad I'm not a Charlton player right now.

Tough life when you put your trust in someone, you're on the verge of success, they are trying to persuade you to commit your future.

Then they clear off?

Hardly surprising, though. 

Somebody has cleared off?  I must have missed something.  I thought all this discussion is because of some rumour planted in the media. Who's cleared off?
    And to be honest, I'm also glad you are not a Charlton player right now! :p
  • Rossman92 said:
    The club keep dragging its feet with the new deal. He's not gonna wait around forever 
    Exactly; particularly with most of his better players out of contract or on loan
  • QPR ???. it makes Charlton look like a PL club in comparison. The fact that they are supposed to like what Bowyer has achieved on a small budget should set off alarm bells straight away for any manager thinking about going there. And their ground is too small and they are looking at sharing locally, not something to look forward to.
  • 7 games to go and 8 points clear of Rotherham, so no real chance of going down. I'm not sure i'd be rushing to make an immediate appointment.

Coast through to May with the caretaker and then take a proper look in the summer. 
  • QPR are a club in decline and my guess is Bowyer will get approached by another club probably more appealing. 
  • I find it hard to believe that Roland's lack of backing for Bowyer during the last window will not influence the way he looks at this. The only thing is, If he takes us up, or even if he doesn't he may get better offers. 
  • edited April 2019
    Did Bowyer play with Les Ferdinand at Newcastle?.