Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer linked with QPR

Comments

• Options
    I would imagine if Bowyer left, JJ would become our next manager.
    I honestly can't imagine he is ready. And frankly, given all the players we are losing at season's end if we don't go up, it would be a classic poisoned chalice.
  • Options
    He's drifted out from 3/1 to 12/1 with skybet overnight telling me  ,they don't normally get these things wrong 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    He's drifted out from 3/1 to 12/1 with skybet overnight telling me  ,they don't normally get these things wrong 
    Does he have any odds at Fulham?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Does he have any odds at Fulham?
    No

• Options
    I will be delighted if he has decided to stay.

It will also be a strong message to those players he wants to stay.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    They're not hot on getting it right either.

When it became apparent Bowyer was going to stay til the end of last season (meeting the ten-game criteria on most sites for a permanent appointment) after Robinson departed, the odds fluctuation was ridiculous, as it's a small market. 

He started off at 12/1 or something, was smashed in to evens, then Kewell - bizarrely - was linked, and Kewell went as short as 1/6, then Bowyer went back out to 8/1 (which a mate and I immediately jumped on, having missed the first boat, and the odds went in to about 5/1).

When Bows was 3/1, I told my mate it's a good bet, and he immediately stuck the maximum allowed (about £70) on it. The price immediately went to 7/4, which is what I told him would happen, but he was still happy he got a good price! 

He actually told me "yeah, Bowyer's been smashed in, good call mate" - and I had to explain to him that his one bet was the smashing in...
  • Options
    According to Cawley ,Bowyer has received an offer from CAFC
  • Options
    edited April 2019

LB on QPR rumours: “It’s obviously all speculation. I’ve not spoken to anyone at QPR, so I’m not sure where that’s come from. It’s all part of football. When you’re doing well, you get linked to jobs and that’s a credit to everyone at the football club.” #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Until Bowyer signs a new deal with us there is a potential danger. There will be the usual merry go round of top league two, league one and a few Championship managers at the end of the season. I would think Bowyer will feature on any of those lists. Personally I think he’ll stay.
  • Options
    LB: "It's a bit different to a normal contract that I've ever seen before." #cafc
    RD has offered LB a lorry load of surplus duck tape.

More likely a low salary plus bonuses on promotion and or player sales.
  • Options
    LB: "It's a bit different to a normal contract that I've ever seen before." #cafc
    RD has offered LB a lorry load of surplus duck tape.

More likely a low salary plus bonuses on promotion and or player sales.

If that's the case, so-long Bow and good luck for the future.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

what an absolute joke - gets offered contract terms in an email - which is not even understandable. 

Pathetic. 
    Should at least get a phone call. Absolute arsehole
  • Options

Of course it is, Duchatalet is involved, even Lee wouldn't expect a normal contract would he?

What he has is the blueprint for contracts of the future, where cars fly and you can eat a roast dinner in a single tablet.     
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

what an absolute joke - gets offered contract terms in an email - which is not even understandable. 

Pathetic. 
    Should at least get a phone call. Absolute arsehole

He might have got a phone call and then the contract was emailed to him? (which would be normal).
  • Options
    Can only begin to imagine what kind of shit RD has put in that contract offer.
  • Options
    I’ve seen the emailed new contract: less money, sell more players, say nice things about Roland, more dancing. Sign here. Huh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The contract probably contains several huhs and plenty of {...}s. That's how the old scrote usually communicates 
  • Options
    Until Bowyer signs a new deal with us there is a potential danger. There will be the usual merry go round of top league two, league one and a few Championship managers at the end of the season. I would think Bowyer will feature on any of those lists. Personally I think he’ll stay.
    Contracts mean nothing in terms of managers staying put anyway, especially with the money being spent in the Championship
  • Options
    Yep bonus for not getting promotion and keeping costs down .
    If Pricko ever sells the club he is entitled to 50% of all of Bowyers future earnings as well as a cut of season ticket sales forever and ever and any player that has heard of Charlton he wants a sell on fee for . 
  • Options
    Well if Bowyer is getting offered Contracts he cant understand then I guess it makes sense why player negotiations have been just as slow because those offers to agents are just as baffling
  • Options
    Well if Bowyer is getting offered Contracts he cant understand then I guess it makes sense why player negotiations have been just as slow because those offers to agents are just as baffling
    I literally wet myself with laughter in the office when I just read that. How typically Roland, I wouldn't expect Murray to explain it any better either. He's become a disloyal deflector for Roland.

His comments will be instantly seen as reassuring but note he doesn't turn away the possibility of joining QPR, and those usual 'focusing on this week's game' stuff we all see from manager just before they depart. Aside from not understanding Roland (join the club), this reads like quite the PR statement and that still worries me a little...
  • Options
    A little?
  • Options
    Wouldn't even surprise me if the contract offer was for a part time contract rather than a full time one.

Probably the way forward with RD until he sells unless we get promoted. Club going part time top to bottom with part time contracts and wages on offer.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A little?
    Alright, it was a figure of speech. It worries me a lot, but so does everything with the future of Charlton after this season because if we don't get promoted and he doesn't sell, we are going to be in the proverbial.

At least if we go up, not only are we a more attractive proposition to a wider market of owners, it's also expensive to run a Championship club and he won't want any of that. Hopefully...