Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley’

Out of all those clubs we are the treble chance. New owners with money and we could be top 10. 
    Same owner putting in zero money and yes, relegation zone possibly. 
    Putting zero money in then we are a relegation certainty. 
    That’d depend on the loans etc. They certainly did a good job with zero money last season. I know it’s tougher in the Championship, but should be able to attract good players as a Championship club. Not ideal though, and yes, we’d be in for a dogfight. 
    I’m sure there’s still a cost associated with loans though, they aren’t normally “free”. If Duchatelet genuinely said “no more losses” and we had to break even, what would our budget look like?
    I know loaning clubs often subsidise wages. We’d be stuffed otherwise. 
    I believe Beilik and Cullen's wages were subsidised greatly by their parent clubs.

They've sent their loan players out for game experience - so do expect them to play regularly.
    That's often a condition of the loan with their Development players.

• Options
    Moo said:
    Another few players on frees we could look at

Deji Oshilaja - Wimbledon - good cover for Pat. Can play anywhere Across the back.

Kieran Agard - 20 goals for MKdons last season. Has played in the champ before 

Lawrence Shankland over 30 goals for Ayr last season in Scottish champ. 

Reece Brown - forest green. Would require a development fee. 

Bit of difference between Scottish champ and English champ though. Perhaps if we'd been in league one he'd have been worth a go. But we currently only have 1 striker so i think we need to look at guys who can make an immediate impact, not guys who 'might' potentially be ok.
  • Options
    Regarding Bauer , this is where German Addicks need to pay him a visit and tell him he needs to stay
  • Options
    Nothing to say that Shankland can perform South of the Border, there have been plenty of Strikers in Scotland who have failed down here though so would want him properly scouted, even then Id be cautious about him

Same with someone like Christian Doidge @ Forest Green, another one who didnt really get a shot at the Championship with Bolton, was that because he couldnt adapt or was it that he didnt suit the system
  • Options
    Nothing to say that Shankland can perform South of the Border, there have been plenty of Strikers in Scotland who have failed down here though so would want him properly scouted, even then Id be cautious about him

Same with someone like Christian Doidge @ Forest Green, another one who didnt really get a shot at the Championship with Bolton, was that because he couldnt adapt or was it that he didnt suit the system
    He’s fairly young and I’m guessing salary expectations would be relatively low.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He’s fairly young and I’m guessing salary expectations would be relatively low.
    Oh am sure but I cant see Bowyer and Gallen wanting to make too many signings that may have a touch of risk about them - Just take Igor for example
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Huddersfield fighting for Auto's or Play-Offs? No chance if you ask me, I have them as relegation candidates. Teams relegated from the Premier League usually do worse than the bookies think especially if they have had really bad seasons. I don't fancy any of the relegated 3 to bounce back.
    Agree with that. I think they are in deep pooh. I also think Fulham might get crushed down here given the £130M of over-paid players they need to unload.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    If Eaves does come to us I'd be very very pleased. Taylor works his nuts off and too often this season it has been to put the ball in for no one to read (bar Purrington).

Another striker with a brain could be the difference for us next season.
    21 goals last year, 17 the year before? Yes, please. Especially if free. I hear Ipswich want him.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Definitely re-sign Rod Fanni now we've got a Minge.

Un-related but I used to work with a bloke called Geoff Gash.

That’s nothing. Our owner’s name is Roland Whatacunt. 
  • Options
    These two are out of contract from lower leagues, young, considered the best players on their teams and I think could help...
    Chuks Aneke... MK Dons, 17 goals in 2018-19, 33 goals in last 71 matches, 1.93 tall, only 25 years old.
    Sammie Szmodics, Colchester... okay, L2 and only 1.79 tall but only 23years old and scored 17 from attacking midfield this year. Considered the "crown jewel" of the club, Derby and Bristol City are after him. I see him as a good replacement for Reeves and will add depth.
    Did I mention they are out-of-contract? Any thoughts on them?
    Liked the look of Aneke when i saw him a year or two back.  Surprised he is still at MKDons, think he picked up an injury at some point.  Decent free signing i reckon.  Dont know the Colchester lad
  • Options
    Eaves is gonna be the Andy Delort of this transfer window........
     Andy Delort is the Andy Delort of this thread. French licence plate seen at Sparrows lane “4NDSDAD”
  • Options
    Not us but looks like Jed Steer has been tossed into the pile of players that got a side promoted but not deemed good enough for the level above 

Would welcome him or Amos back.
  • Options
    West Ham have signed David Martin as 2nd or 3rd keeper. Bit of a blow for Millwall who wanted him as their No 1 next season
  • Options
    I’m not quite sure if this is confirming the rumour or simply regurgitating the rumour but Ketts has posted this earlier this morning.
     http://cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201906&date=20190603&time=0423
  • Options
    Not us but looks like Jed Steer has been tossed into the pile of players that got a side promoted but not deemed good enough for the level above 

Would welcome him or Amos back.
    Amos had a terrible season at Millwall.
    There are very few ex-Charlton players I would personally resign. People cling to old memories and sadly these rarely work out.
  • Options
    Eaves’ record is pretty poor over his whole career. Not sure he’s the answer but I also realise Bowyer has bugger all cash. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Eaves’ record is pretty poor over his whole career. Not sure he’s the answer but I also realise Bowyer has bugger all cash. 

Tom Eaves and Lyle Taylor's records matched up. Lyle Taylor's is better but at a lover level. Both not exactly prolific other than that and imo Taylor is the best player we have had in the Roland era. His past two seasons show he is finally hitting his stride now which is important
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Lyle Taylors record wasn't great either before 2017-18 season, depends on the players around him i suppose and the service. 

• Options
    And also, Eaves would be handy to have if we got relegated back to Div 1.
  • Options
    New owners, loads of money then Eaves is u likely the answer.  Current status quo, go get him.  Cheap, decent recent record, good foil for Taylor, local..
  • Options
    It makes sense. A free signing that gives us another dimension, and should make it easier for Taylor to get the ball further forward.
  • Options
    West Ham have signed David Martin as 2nd or 3rd keeper. Bit of a blow for Millwall who wanted him as their No 1 next season

I wonder if his dad Alvin played a part in that move?
  • Options
    In terms of transfers we need I would say:

1 GK
    1 CB (if Bauer goes)
    1 LB
    1 Holding midfielder 
    1 attacking midfielder 
    2/3 Strikers

It would be nice to have some wide players too but Bowyer rarely plays that system, perhaps that was as a result of the squad he had to work with though?