Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah, Ritchie De Laet, Mark Bunn and Micah Richards been released by Villa... Some good players there
    I imagine they've been on massive wages...
  • If we needed a Centre-Back (If Bauer leaves) I'd love to go for Elphick out of those

Wages would be a ma-hussive issue though

• QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Reading, QPR and Millwall for the drop that order 
    Are we that much better than them?

And if we think Barnsley and Luton will be down there, who finished above us, then I assume we are right in the relegation battle as well.

Gonna be a dogfight next season. Would take 21st if offered now and we don’t get a new owner.

Squad wise probably not mate no. The main thing I would give us over those 3 though is they don't have a manager as good as ours imo and we are on a bit of a high. My table next season will look something like this:

Fighting for autos, should be play offs:

Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Brom

Play off contenders:

Derby, Stoke, Bristol City, Boro, Brentford

Mid table obscurity, play off hopefuls: 

Forest, Birmingham, Blackburn, Hull, Preston, Swansea, Sheffield Wendesday 

Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley, 

Huddersfield fighting for Auto's or Play-Offs? No chance if you ask me, I have them as relegation candidates. Teams relegated from the Premier League usually do worse than the bookies think especially if they have had really bad seasons. I don't fancy any of the relegated 3 to bounce back.
  • Wednesday under Bruce will be strong next season.
  • Can see Bauer's future being resolved and announced early next week, just speculating, not based on any info. Hopefully we get good news with Bowyer and JJ first.
  • Redhenry said:
    And old
    We lack experience, could do with a few older heads a la Andy Hughes
  • philcafc said:

QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

And if we think Barnsley and Luton will be down there, who finished above us, then I assume we are right in the relegation battle as well.

Gonna be a dogfight next season. Would take 21st if offered now and we don’t get a new owner.

Squad wise probably not mate no. The main thing I would give us over those 3 though is they don't have a manager as good as ours imo and we are on a bit of a high. My table next season will look something like this:

Play off contenders:

Relegation fight:

Huddersfield fighting for Auto's or Play-Offs? No chance if you ask me, I have them as relegation candidates. Teams relegated from the Premier League usually do worse than the bookies think especially if they have had really bad seasons. I don't fancy any of the relegated 3 to bounce back.
    Usually teams who have mercenaries and players who the club were too ambitious in signing struggle the following season, like Sunderland. Huddersfield however haven't spent stupid money, are debt free as far as I know and been quite a sensible team compared to the likes of Fulham. I think there is more chance of us getting 100 points next season than there is them getting relegated, all opinions for now though 
  • edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    If we finish below QPR, that means relegation
    I've always disliked QPR.  The poky little ground, horrible plastic pitch, tacky show-biz associations, the ridiculous Wally with the Brolly.  And we always got tonked 4-1 in the 1980s.

If we get relegated, we are dragging QPR down with us.  
    This; poxy original subbuteo style ground, plastic pitch back in the day and came under a hail of bottles and bricks down Shepherds Bush High St after we turned them over 4-1 in 1970. Not that I'm bitter mind. Rodney is a w****r, Rodney is a w****r la, la, la, la,  >:).
  • RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:
    I've always disliked QPR.  The poky little ground, horrible plastic pitch, tacky show-biz associations, the ridiculous Wally with the Brolly.  And we always got tonked 4-1 in the 1980s.

This; poxy original subbuteo style ground, plastic pitch back in the day and came under a hail of bottles and bricks down Shepherds Bush High St after we turned them over 4-1 in 1970. Not that I'm bitter mind. Rodney is a w****r, Rodney is a w****r la, la, la, la,  >:).
    We seemed to do quite well at Loftus Road in the 90s, I have happy memories of a couple of decent wins there, though not so the game in the Pardew/Parky relegation season where Varney missed a sitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel better about Huddersfield’s chances than I do about Fulham, honestly.

• QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Play off contenders:

Relegation fight:

Absolutely no point making predictions like that on the 1st June. 

Although looking at the championship table this year, think a lot of people would have got decent pre season predictions. 
  • edited June 2019
    I feel better about Huddersfield’s chances than I do about Fulham, honestly.
    I would think their £40m year one parachute payment may help them a bit.

"In the first year, the payment is 55 per cent of the amount that each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Based on the most recent figures, that percentage is roughly £40m. The percentage is reduced to 45% in the second year (roughly £35m) and 20% in the third year (roughly £15m)".
  • edited June 2019
    Addickted said:

"In the first year, the payment is 55 per cent of the amount that each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Based on the most recent figures, that percentage is roughly £40m. The percentage is reduced to 45% in the second year (roughly £35m) and 20% in the third year (roughly £15m)".
    And this is why football is broken totally biased towards the haves and to hell with the have nots.
  • philcafc said:

QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Play off contenders:

Relegation fight:

I hear they signed a top top striker in January so should do well.

Bastards.
  • I feel better about Huddersfield’s chances than I do about Fulham, honestly.
    Agree. Parker was a strange appointment and I think they'll struggle because of it. 
  • Addickted said:

Which is why they always say the play off final is the richest game in football. Because even if a side goes up, stays 1 season, comes bottom and comes straight back down, they're now guaranteed 175m.
  • Croydon said:
    Agree. Parker was a strange appointment and I think they'll struggle because of it. 
    When we play Fulham it’ll be a battle of the 2 feisty former Charlton academy midfielders in the dugout. 
  • Great news if Bauer stays.
    I think he will. He wanted Championship football and he's got it.
    If he's on a 2 week holiday, by the time he comes back, he's got about 5 weeks before pre season training starts.
    Would anyone be keen to move away from Chislehurst in a mad dash for Hull, Preston or Blackburn ?
  • Rumour on FB saying we've got Eaves training with us after the summer break.
  • Sponsored links:

Play off contenders:

Relegation fight:

And then you always have the surprise packages ....... the dark horse or two  up and around the play off places.

Not to overlook the club tipped for a top half finish or ripped apart by financial woes, that plummets like a stone.

• Addickted said:

That second year figure to me is much too high. 50, 25, 10 would be fairer 3 year percentages giving help in the first year then making teams fend for themselves more

The money saved can be given the academies outside the PL
  • RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:

No, no, Red Chaser. If you are of a certain age (ahem) ..... you will remember our chant taking the piss out of Rodney Marsh was:
    "Rodney is a fairy, Rodney is a fairy!" :smile:

• Croydon said:
    Rumour on FB saying we've got Eaves training with us after the summer break.
    A real rumour or a 14 year old  posting made up stories from his bedroom?

• Oggy Red said:
    Croydon said:
    Rumour on FB saying we've got Eaves training with us after the summer break.
    A real rumour or a 14 year old  posting made up stories from his bedroom?

The latter
  • Given that Bowyer has barely used a winger in the last year, I doubt an immobile target man is on Bow's wishlist. I hope a midget, unproven at this level isn't either.
  • Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:

No, no, Red Chaser. If you are of a certain age (ahem) ..... you will remember our chant taking the piss out of Rodney Marsh was:

I remember it well. He scored a hat trick and minced off pulling out the sides of his shorts.

What a player though!
  • edited June 2019
    Given that Bowyer has barely used a winger in the last year, I doubt an immobile target man is on Bow's wishlist. I hope a midget, unproven at this level isn't either.
    He's hardly RoboCop mate. On a free it's a no brainer to get him on the books, cannot think of one striker we could get on a free that would be better on paper.

https://youtu.be/VIKrS8_kvBI

Edit: just noticed for his goal against us at priestfield. Look at the body language of Clarke and Fosu. It's unreal what Bowyer has done for this squad, the work rate just wasn't there
  • Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    Redhenry said:

That might have been the majority's version Oggy but it wasn't mine 😉.