Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Given that Bowyer has barely used a winger in the last year, I doubt an immobile target man is on Bow's wishlist. I hope a midget, unproven at this level isn't either.
    He's hardly RoboCop mate. On a free it's a no brainer to get him on the books, cannot think of one striker we could get on a free that would be better on paper.

https://youtu.be/VIKrS8_kvBI
    No brainer indeed. Free or not I would sign him. Just coming into his prime and would allow Taylor to roam, which he likes to do. Would be excited if he was our first signing.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I feel better about Huddersfield’s chances than I do about Fulham, honestly.
    Agree. Parker was a strange appointment and I think they'll struggle because of it. 
    I don't see how it's any diffrent to Bowyer tbh
  • Options
    The post that got the Eaves rumour started 
  • Options
    There must be a few good players not shown on released lists as they’ve been offered contracts by their clubs, like Bauer and Aribo.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    What do we need? 

GK. Someone to compete with Dillon. Plenty of free agents available. I would love Ben Amos back. 

RB. I wouldn't want us to rely on Solly. Conor McLaughlin was released by Millwall. Jordan Cousins could fill in. Jordan Spence has been released by Ipswich. 

LB. Purrington. If not Zeki Fryers has been released by Barnsley. Jack Bidwell from QPR.

CB. We need another right sided CB to cover Patrick. Two if he leaves. Paul Downing ( Blackburn but on loan at Donny),  Tom Lockyer Bristol Rovers and Curtis Nelson Oxford could be options. If we had some funds I would love us to get Semi Adayi back from Rotherham or Scott Wotton from Plymouth. 

Midfield. A complete rebuild. I mention Cousins above. I always liked Josh Maceacran from Brentford but have heard Villa are interested. I feel maybe Graham Carey or Jamie Ness from Plymouth and Chuks Aneke MKD are more L1. Is Ertun Oztumer Championship standard?  If Williams doesn't return might Wes Hoolahan be an impact option from the bench ? 

Up front Tom Eaves Gillingham,  James Vaughan Wigan, Will Keane Hull,  Conor Washington Sheffield United are all available. 
    Freddie Ladapo of Plymouth would cost a fee 
    Almost all of this bar will Keane 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Surprised by the Eaves video.

I know it's probably just showcasing his best moments, without showing any dross.
    But surprised how good  his movement and anticipation is in and around the box.

He's a unit too, good strength on the ball and sharp turn.
    Ideal for set pieces and a proper handful to keep CBs busy.

He's not the paciest but knows how to get in the right place at the right time.
    Could be great foil for Taylor.

But most importantly, he scores goals.

Most importantly, he is free!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I would think their £40m year one parachute payment may help them a bit.

"In the first year, the payment is 55 per cent of the amount that each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Based on the most recent figures, that percentage is roughly £40m. The percentage is reduced to 45% in the second year (roughly £35m) and 20% in the third year (roughly £15m)".
    Which is why they always say the play off final is the richest game in football. Because even if a side goes up, stays 1 season, comes bottom and comes straight back down, they're now guaranteed 175m.
    The figures are reduced significantly if you only spend one year in the Premier League.
  • Options
    If Eaves does come to us I'd be very very pleased. Taylor works his nuts off and too often this season it has been to put the ball in for no one to read (bar Purrington).

Another striker with a brain could be the difference for us next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Eaves has a very similar profile to Taylor, but its a big step up for both, id like to have one striker in there with a bit of championship experience. Those 2 plus a Lee Gregory for arguments sake( I know we won't get him) would be a good 3.
  • Options
    Think Bowyer will look at a mobile pacey striker before getting in a physical presence. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I try to never read too much into what levels the goals are scored. Scoring goals is scoring goals, Karlan carried that form from league 2 to league 1 to the prem. Kemar Roofe straight from league 2 to the championship and Ollie Watkins as well. I know it can work both ways where someone like Will Grigg clearly can't make the step up but I think based in the type of player Eaves looks from what I've seen in person, ifollow and highlights he would make the step up, I feel the same way about Taylor 

When you look at that video you can see Eaves isn't a typical big man like people make out, his movement is good and he is quick for his size. A big positive for me if we get him as well is that Millwall want him, I saw Crawley dismiss it before but I still think they would have looked at him and beating a rival to a goal scoring striker on the market would be big a boost for us 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    What do we need? 

GK. Someone to compete with Dillon. Plenty of free agents available. I would love Ben Amos back. 

RB. I wouldn't want us to rely on Solly. Conor McLaughlin was released by Millwall. Jordan Cousins could fill in. Jordan Spence has been released by Ipswich. 

LB. Purrington. If not Zeki Fryers has been released by Barnsley. Jack Bidwell from QPR.

CB. We need another right sided CB to cover Patrick. Two if he leaves. Paul Downing ( Blackburn but on loan at Donny),  Tom Lockyer Bristol Rovers and Curtis Nelson Oxford could be options. If we had some funds I would love us to get Semi Adayi back from Rotherham or Scott Wotton from Plymouth. 

Midfield. A complete rebuild. I mention Cousins above. I always liked Josh Maceacran from Brentford but have heard Villa are interested. I feel maybe Graham Carey or Jamie Ness from Plymouth and Chuks Aneke MKD are more L1. Is Ertun Oztumer Championship standard?  If Williams doesn't return might Wes Hoolahan be an impact option from the bench ? 

Up front Tom Eaves Gillingham,  James Vaughan Wigan, Will Keane Hull,  Conor Washington Sheffield United are all available. 
    Freddie Ladapo of Plymouth would cost a fee 
    Djiksteel has another year on his contract so we should be sorted at right back, the rest sounds like a strong (but achievable) list of targets. We can sign players in any order but getting a decent striker signed up should get folks excited. 

First things first though, let’s get Bowyer, Jackson & co signed up. 
  • Options
    Not us but looks like Jed Steer has been tossed into the pile of players that got a side promoted but not deemed good enough for the level above 

• Options
    Another few players on frees we could look at

Deji Oshilaja - Wimbledon - good cover for Pat. Can play anywhere Across the back.

Kieran Agard - 20 goals for MKdons last season. Has played in the champ before 

Lawrence Shankland over 30 goals for Ayr last season in Scottish champ. 

Reece Brown - forest green. Would require a development fee. 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    ‘Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley’

Out of all those clubs we are the treble chance. New owners with money and we could be top 10. 
    Same owner putting in zero money and yes, relegation zone possibly. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    I would think their £40m year one parachute payment may help them a bit.

"In the first year, the payment is 55 per cent of the amount that each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Based on the most recent figures, that percentage is roughly £40m. The percentage is reduced to 45% in the second year (roughly £35m) and 20% in the third year (roughly £15m)".
    Which is why they always say the play off final is the richest game in football. Because even if a side goes up, stays 1 season, comes bottom and comes straight back down, they're now guaranteed 175m.
    The figures are reduced significantly if you only spend one year in the Premier League.
    If you come straight back down i believe you miss out on the 3rd year of parachute payments. So you still get 175m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

Out of all those clubs we are the treble chance. New owners with money and we could be top 10. 
    Putting zero money in then we are a relegation certainty. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Another few players on frees we could look at

Deji Oshilaja - Wimbledon - good cover for Pat. Can play anywhere Across the back.

Kieran Agard - 20 goals for MKdons last season. Has played in the champ before 

Lawrence Shankland over 30 goals for Ayr last season in Scottish champ. 

Reece Brown - forest green. Would require a development fee. 

I'd take Agard... Dont know much about the rest
  • Options
    Think Bowyer will look at a mobile pacey striker before getting in a physical presence. 
    I would think we've got a promising U23 striker from a Prem club lined up to bring in on loan.

Mobile pacey strikers who score goals are beyond our budget otherwise.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

That’d depend on the loans etc. They certainly did a good job with zero money last season. I know it’s tougher in the Championship, but should be able to attract good players as a Championship club. Not ideal though, and yes, we’d be in for a dogfight. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

That’d depend on the loans etc. They certainly did a good job with zero money last season. I know it’s tougher in the Championship, but should be able to attract good players as a Championship club. Not ideal though, and yes, we’d be in for a dogfight. 
    I’m sure there’s still a cost associated with loans though, they aren’t normally “free”. If Duchatelet genuinely said “no more losses” and we had to break even, what would our budget look like?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    From 2 years ago:

"On signing the forward the Gills boss said: “It’s great to have got Tom on board; he’s strong, he’s quick and his height is naturally going to be an asset."

Had a quick glance at his Tom Eaves' Wiki page:

He was a product of the Bolton Wanderers academy when they were in the Prem, so IMO decent enough pedigree.

27 years old 
    He's 6 foot 5 inches tall but mobile.

Scored 33 goals in 74 League games for the Jills.

A bit of a late developer but seems to be in his prime right now.
    You can't help feel he's the sort of player that Bowyer can improve, like he did with Taylor and others.

Verdict: Definitely worth a punt.

Could not agree more.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

I’m sure there’s still a cost associated with loans though, they aren’t normally “free”. If Duchatelet genuinely said “no more losses” and we had to break even, what would our budget look like?
    I think we may have no players at all, apart from Academy lads playing in the 1st team.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

I know loaning clubs often subsidise wages. We’d be stuffed otherwise. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Relegation fight:

I know loaning clubs often subsidise wages. We’d be stuffed otherwise. 
    Yeah, but not a 100% subsidy - some of these youngsters from Premier League clubs are on £20K+ a week, if we had to pick up a portion of that, even a relatively small one, it would quickly blow up our budget if Duchatelet decided not to put anymore money in and I’m pretty sure we’d be relegated by March. 

*BTW - I know Duchatelet is loaning us the money (at interest) rather than giving it to us out of the goodness of his heart !