Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Lameiras 18 goals in 2 seasons from midfield.

Spurs academy grew up in North London.

• Options
    11 league goals in a relegated side and POTY too, certainly someone to look at and a logical bit of transfer gossip...
  • Options
    In terms of transfers we need I would say:

1 GK
    1 CB (if Bauer goes)
    1 LB
    1 Holding midfielder 
    1 attacking midfielder 
    2/3 Strikers

It would be nice to have some wide players too but Bowyer rarely plays that system, perhaps that was as a result of the squad he had to work with though?

We need way more than two midfielders.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If Bauer goes, we would need two right sided centre backs as we no longer have Bielik.
  • Options
    If he has real interest from Cardiff then they will blow us out of the water in terms of wages. Swansea too. In league One Charlton were a big name and could compete with most on wages. In the Championship both those advantages virtually disappear. Bowyer is going to have to work very hard to get his first choice targets because they will be targets for a lot of Championship clubs.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    And the obligatory YouTube videos...

https://youtu.be/nsDHQnBnzb0

https://youtu.be/i5WSC4jHrEA
  • Options
    I’m not quite sure if this is confirming the rumour or simply regurgitating the rumour but Ketts has posted this earlier this morning.
     http://cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201906&date=20190603&time=0423
    Not quite sure why we'd get the lad in for pre-season to assess him? It's obvious what his abilities are, just sign the fella ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those 3, Bauer and Aribo on new deals.

We'd still need another 2 strikers, preferably pacy options, 3 more midfielders, 2 of them defensively minded to cover for losing Cullen and Bielik, a left back, a centre back and a keeper. 

Tall ask. 
  • Options
    I think it's the nature of lower league football these days that an awful lot of the best L1 and L2 players end up out of contract and available on a free as 2 year deals seem very common. I think Ajose is the only 3 year deal we gave once we went down to L1, with JFC signing on a 2.5 year deal. Even our contract extensions have only been for 2 years
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hopefully with the relationship we have built with Arsenal in improving their loan players over the years they wouldn't mind shipping out Eddie Nketiah. That's a kid with potential and pace that needs game time to kick on

The other one that I kept saying before was CJ Hamilton. With how much he faded during Mansfields second half of the season they may cash in. I think his lack of form was cause his head was turned by the Villa and West Brom interest. He also has pace to burn, young and can play on the wings or as a striker. London lad so I think he would favour a move to us over a lot of other sides that were interested, with Villa being in the prem now reckon they will be looking at bigger fish 
  • Options

Agreed. It is a tall ask, but I think the point more here is that its a good start.

sam3110 said:
    Those 3, Bauer and Aribo on new deals.

We'd still need another 2 strikers, preferably pacy options, 3 more midfielders, 2 of them defensively minded to cover for losing Cullen and Bielik, a left back, a centre back and a keeper. 

Tall ask. 

• Options
    I have to say from those videos he does look some player, especially in the second. Drives the ball well, good vision, decent ish shot for a winger, selfless and seems to keep the ball on him and showed good awareness getting himself out of trouble a few times. Can't help but watch that and think Graham Carey would be very welcome as well, some of their play together in those videos was exquisite. How Plymouth have gone down with those two and Ladapo leading the line is pretty bonkers.

On a side note those are some of the worst songs I've ever heard on a football edit
  • Options
    Szmodics would be great - a friend rates him very highly.  Needs to go up at least a level.

Eaves isn't the answer for me.  He's ok if you give him the ball but if it's a couple of yards away he won't budge - that's not to say Bowyer can't improve him like with Taylor this year.

Oshijala (sp) from MK Dons is an "outside" defender option.  Very athletic and solid despite not being a giant.  Might not have the ability against Championship quality strikers though.

The one I really want is Ben Whiteman at Doncaster.  He's under contract but a great little player.  22 years old Box-to-box with guile and skill.  Got both Player's player AND player of the year ahead of Marquis that's really quite impressive.  His stats for the season were also very good (not just goals and assists).
  • Options
    Hopefully with the relationship we have built with Arsenal in improving their loan players over the years they wouldn't mind shipping out Eddie Nketiah. That's a kid with potential and pace that needs game time to kick on

The other one that I kept saying before was CJ Hamilton. With how much he faded during Mansfields second half of the season they may cash in. I think his lack of form was cause his head was turned by the Villa and West Brom interest. He also has pace to burn, young and can play on the wings or as a striker. London lad so I think he would favour a move to us over a lot of other sides that were interested, with Villa being in the prem now reckon they will be looking at bigger fish 
    I'm fairly optimistic that we'll get Bielik back. Still only 21, a year in the Championship would make sense for his development and I'm sure he'd be delighted to come back
  • Options
    Ffs

Guess this was always the case but if this Lameiras fella is sought after by Cardiff and Swansea it probably does leave us out 
  • Options
    Ffs

Guess this was always the case but if this Lameiras fella is sought after by Cardiff and Swansea it probably does leave us out 
    I suspect they are only being quoted as they are the most local and have money to burn.  Probably his agent more than anything.

He's a London boy so we have an advantage.
    We also don't have Colin Warlock so we have an advantage
  • Options

I'm fairly optimistic that we'll get Bielik back. Still only 21, a year in the Championship would make sense for his development and I'm sure he'd be delighted to come back
    I agree.  That's the natural next step up for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regarding Bauer , this is where German Addicks need to pay him a visit and tell him he needs to stay
  • Options
    Yeah just saw that, thought it was a bit weird we would ask a decent player to come trial. It's not like he is a washed up pro looking to worm a deal, he is being monitored by other clubs as well
  • Options
    Not a rumour of any kind, but an Ashford United fan I work with has raved about Sam Corne all season.
    22yr old attacking midfielder with too much talent for their division.

Anyone here heard or seen him in action? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Lameiras 18 goals in 2 seasons from midfield.

Spurs academy grew up in North London.

I like what I read!
  • Options

Incredible when you think he was only here a few seasons ago and was what, third choice?

• Options

Incredible when you think he was only here a few seasons ago and was what, third choice?

Aston villa love buying a goalkeeper. It was only a few months ago they bought the Croatian keeper for about 6m
  • Options
    Croydon said:

QPR or Reading will get relegated next season deffo imo. We have to finish above both to be safe. Two sides due a relegation.

Reading, QPR and Millwall for the drop that order 
    Are we that much better than them?

And if we think Barnsley and Luton will be down there, who finished above us, then I assume we are right in the relegation battle as well.

Gonna be a dogfight next season. Would take 21st if offered now and we don’t get a new owner.

Squad wise probably not mate no. The main thing I would give us over those 3 though is they don't have a manager as good as ours imo and we are on a bit of a high. My table next season will look something like this:

Fighting for autos, should be play offs:

Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Brom

Play off contenders:

Derby, Stoke, Bristol City, Boro, Brentford

Mid table obscurity, play off hopefuls: 

Forest, Birmingham, Blackburn, Hull, Preston, Swansea, Sheffield Wendesday 

Relegation fight:

Charlton, Millwall, Reading, QPR, Wigan, Luton, Barnsley, 

Leeds have no money this year. Their scout was at Wembley on Sunday and not being shy about telling everyone.
    Reports today that the Qatari company that own PSG are in talks about buying Leeds.
  • Options
    When I keep hearing “big wages” in the Championship.... can someone define that? How much per week to keep Aribo and Bauer in this league?