Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 - the run ins...

Comments

• Options
    Luton not there yet with Burton away and Oxford at home.
  • Options
    in some ways i wish we would of won at oxford and maybe got 3rd as i think doncaster are there for the taking! although i would not peterbrough i do not have the stats but 6th is usually a pretty decent place to finish. 
  • Options
    Luton not there yet with Burton away and Oxford at home.
    Not particularly easy games 
  • Options
    Burton away is a lot easier now than it would've been a week ago. Now they've lost to both Portsmouth and Southend their play off hopes are over and they're already on the beach.
  • Options
    Burton away is a lot easier now than it would've been a week ago. Now they've lost to both Portsmouth and Southend their play off hopes are over and they're already on the beach.
    You would expect Accrington to be the same!
  • Options
    True, but still grounds for squeaky bums!
  • Options
    What have they got to do with it?
  • Options
    They've just beaten Doncaster which has put a bit of a spanner in the works for 6th spot

Had Doncaster won last night they'd have gone six clear of Peterborough
  • Options
    Just did a predictor and to my surprise ended up with:
    1. Pompey
    2. Barnsley
    3. Luton

Surely not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've just beaten Doncaster which has put a bit of a spanner in the works for 6th spot

Had Doncaster won last night they'd have gone six clear of Peterborough
    Ok but my point was that Burton would have nothing to play for so Luton going there will be easier.

Completely different to Accrington, who before last night's game were only 2 points clear of the drop zone, so obviously were fighting for their lives.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    1. Pompey
    2. Barnsley
    3. Luton

Surely not. 
    Can’t see Luton losing final 2 games after the season they’ve had. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    1. Pompey
    2. Barnsley
    3. Luton

Surely not. 
    Nor can I. But football is a funny game which does throw up these sort of things from time to time.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    1. Pompey
    2. Barnsley
    3. Luton

Surely not. 
    Half way there...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Luton are falling apart only 4 points in 4 games and have one of the in form teams in the division next. At this point I genuinely think they're going to finish 3rd.
  • Options
    When Luton went 2-1 up on Tuesday I tweeted Paddy Power request a bet for Barnsley, Portsmouth and Us to get promoted.....they couldn’t give me the odds!
  • Options
    Would have been interesting to see what they would have given me 
  • Options
    I still think Luton will be good for an automatic place but I would be happier if they finished 3rd instead of Barnsley or Pompey and take a chance against them at Wembley if we make it or Doncaster.
  • Options
    Maybe reply asking what they'd give you now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny how we tend to forget about Luton, but they can't afford to take their foot off the gas yet.

Home to Wimbledon tonight, but then they're away to Burton and home to Oxford, neither easy fixtures. 5 points would clinch promotion, 4 might do it but they won't want to go into their final game vs in form Oxford needing anything!
    1 point from Wimbledon and Burton, my unlikely prediction could be about to come true! If Pompey win midweek, they'll be 1 point behind Luton and Barnsley so both will then need to win next Saturday to be sure. 

Sunderland are effectively out of automatic contention, but not mathematically yet.

• Options
    Still got hopes we'll get above Sunderland and finish 4th. Southend will be fighting for their lives next weekend
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Would have been interesting to see what they would have given me 
    I haven’t got a clue when it comes to betting, why would they not give you odds?
  • Options
    I trust we're already practising for the penalty shootout
  • Options
    Exciting in that going into the final game it’s likely to be any two from four.
  • Options
    I am not too far away from Luton. I thought I could hear the wind gusting outside, but have realised it is their squeaky bums!
  • Options
    Exciting in that going into the final game it’s likely to be any two from four.
    An amazing league this season, with so little settled with a week to go.
  • Options
    Current table

Remaining fixtures:

Sun: Cov v Shrews

Tues: Fleetwood Mac v Sunderland; Pompey v Posh

Sat: Brizzle R v Barnsley; Addicks v Dale; Donny v Cov; Luton v Oxford; Posh v Burton; Pompey v Accy; Southend v Sunderland

Prediction:

C Barnsley
    2 Pompey
    3 Luton
    4 Charlton
    5 Sunderland
    6 Donny

Play-offs: Luton v Donny; Charlton v Sunderland

Play-off final: Donny v Charlton

Play-off winners: Charlton
    I like the way you think. 
  • Options
    With the first eleven at our disposal I still think we’ve underachieved this season. We’ve dominated almost every match I have seen home and away. I hope we can do it for 4 more matches.