Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 - the run ins...

Comments

• Options
    Sunderland on a bad run bar oxford we have been unreal of late - we should fear no one, my only concern with finishing 5th is that the Sunday game atmosphere won’t be amazing and I don’t know how many we will take away on a Friday night, a lot in pub after today will not be bothering if Sunderland 
    Yep we will be wanting 5000 tickets if it's Portsmouth away and a 1000 will do if it's Sunderland 
  • Options
    Watching the Quest highlights show, Barnsley looked more impressive than either Pompey or Sunderland today, Pompey were lucky to win.
  • Options
    Watching the Quest highlights show, Barnsley looked more impressive than either Pompey or Sunderland today, Pompey were lucky to win.
    Its a shame that SKY havent found room to put Sunderland v Portsmouth on TV - they've had months to know its going to be such a big fixture
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hope that Sunderland get 2nd or 3rd, really don't want them to get 4th and we have to go there in front of 48k for the 2nd leg.
    Out of Pompey, Barnsley and Sunderland, I would prefer to play Sunderland marginally over Barnsley. I think Pompey would be the toughest game though none will be easy.  
  • Options
    Sunderland havent fully recovered from losing Josh Maja, they were dangerous when they had him because of his pace (like us with Grant)...

We've thankfully got Vetokele but neither Wyke or Grigg have managed to replicate their goalscoring from previous seasons - You'd hope / think that Bauer and Sarr can keep those two in their pockets whilst Bielik can cover McGeady
  • Options
    I think we have to impose our game on them and not worry about stopping certain players. The important thing is we start with our best eleven as we did against Luton. 
  • Options
    Hope that Sunderland get 2nd or 3rd, really don't want them to get 4th and we have to go there in front of 48k for the 2nd leg.
    Out of Pompey, Barnsley and Sunderland, I would prefer to play Sunderland marginally over Barnsley. I think Pompey would be the toughest game though none will be easy.  
    Beat Sunderland over 2 legs and hope Doncaster somehow defeat Pompey!
  • Options
    It's funny how we tend to forget about Luton, but they can't afford to take their foot off the gas yet.

Home to Wimbledon tonight, but then they're away to Burton and home to Oxford, neither easy fixtures. 5 points would clinch promotion, 4 might do it but they won't want to go into their final game vs in form Oxford needing anything!
  • Options
    Barnsley looking good for at least second now. For me it's all down to the Sunderland-Portsmouth game now to decide who we play, if Sunderland win it'll probably be Pompey, any other result and we're off to the Stadium of light. 
  • Options
    I just don't want Sunderland over 2 legs.
    I think the teams are equal and it would be whoever played best over the 2 legs.
    However, we won't just be playing Sunderland away. 
    We'll be playing 40,000 Mackems whom I'm confident will sway the officials.
    Donny should have had a blatant penalty and free kick on the edge of the box last week.
    The ref was close enough, had a clear view and just ignored the 2 obvious decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    finishing 5th really is crap as its the worst home tie we could have 12.15 on a sunday 0 atmosphere then playing a team away at 7.45pm on a Friday night! as others have said a sold out stadium of light or fratton park will be extremely tough our only hope would be get a decent amount of goals at home and then break on the counter away and get a couple more. 

what i don't want is we go there with a 1-1 and hope to nick it. 
  • Options
    We'll just have to put 4 past the Mackems in the first leg :wink: 

Get 1 in the first 10 mins at the SOL and then you'll have 40,000 angry Mackems getting on their backs and making things more difficult for their own players.
  • Options
    I'd rather play Sunderland over 2 legs than Pompey. Fratton Park may be half the size of SoL but it pisses all over it for atmosphere.

Sunderland are on a dip atm, and will have a hangover from not making 2nd. Plus, when things don't go their way the crowd will turn on them early. Just hope we can nick 4th so we're away on the Sunday, because the atmosphere will massively suffer for that KO time.

Pompey have been on a hell of a run since we beat them, and I don't fancy us to end that streak.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Croydon said:
    I'd rather play Sunderland over 2 legs than Pompey. Fratton Park may be half the size of SoL but it pisses all over it for atmosphere.

Sunderland are on a dip atm, and will have a hangover from not making 2nd. Plus, when things don't go their way the crowd will turn on them early. Just hope we can nick 4th so we're away on the Sunday, because the atmosphere will massively suffer for that KO time.

Pompey have been on a hell of a run since we beat them, and I don't fancy us to end that streak.

I understand what you're saying, but we've out sung Pompey at Fratton the last 2 seasons !

PS We were 1 up at Sunderland first game of the season.
    The fans got behind them, the pressure told and they beat us 2-1.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I understand what you're saying, but we've out sung Pompey at Fratton the last 2 seasons !

It was more our lack of fresh legs that lost us the points and Pearce going off injured. 

Our midfield that game was Marshall, Pratley, Aribo and Lapslie, our bench was Sarr, AMB, Maloney, Ajose and Reeco... We've lost Grant, but overall are MUCH stronger than back then.
  • Options
    finishing 5th really is crap as its the worst home tie we could have 12.15 on a sunday 0 atmosphere then playing a team away at 7.45pm on a Friday night! as others have said a sold out stadium of light or fratton park will be extremely tough our only hope would be get a decent amount of goals at home and then break on the counter away and get a couple more. 

So what were saying is our fans can't be bothered  .

• Options

are we definitely playing sunday/friday if we finish 5th?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

So what were saying is our fans can't be bothered  .

not at all, just that a 12.15 on a Sunday isn't going to be as lively as nighttime game. 
  • Options
    According to sky website which games goes where not decided until end of season so 50% chance of being Sat/Thurs
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Not doubting our fans ability CE, just think as an environment to play/ref in that Fratton Park would be intimidating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Not doubting our fans ability CE, just think as an environment to play/ref in that Fratton Park would be intimidating.
    Oh it is, but we've drowned out 19,000 Pompey fans 2 years running.
    It won't be as easy to drown out 40,000 Mackems.
  • Options
    Doncaster losing 2-0 to Accrington. I’m pretty confident in saying that I can’t see us playing them at Wembley.
  • Options
    Doncaster losing 2-0 to Accrington. I’m pretty confident in saying that I can’t see us playing them at Wembley.
    But Peterborough might be a much tougher test.
  • Options
    Seem to have gone backwards under Fergie.

I still dontd understand why they sacked Steve Evans. Good manager at this level.
  • Options

I still dontd understand why they sacked Steve Evans. Good manager at this level.
    Yes, it made no sense at the time especially as it was done at the end of the transfer window.
  • Options
    Think Coventry will get sixth. Away to donny last game
  • Options

Yes, it made no sense at the time especially as it was done at the end of the transfer window.
    I think Evans and the owner "fell out".
  • Options
    Luton 2 AFC 2 Full time.
    AFC 93rd min equaliser.
  • Options
    Great point for Wimbledon, Luton still not yet up
  • Options
    2 to 3 games left and any of top 4 can still be champions.