Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would a tree surgeon know another tree surgeon, had previously got caught in a neighbour dispute ?

Comments

• Options

He has just replied  -

"Thank you for your emails. 

You are of course well within your legal right to cut the tree branches back to the boundary line on your side and I’m happy for you to do so provided you adhere to the following:

1.  Only prune/cut up to the boundary line, that being the dirt line between Reg end of my front wall next to your path edge and my wall at the top of this dirt strip;

2.  Legally you will also be aware that any infringement of workmen working over this line/leaning against the tree or any cuts beyond this line on a vertical plain is illegal and could result in charges of trespass and/or criminal damage;

3.  Please dispose of the cuttings, we don’t want them - thank you."

I understood the above to be him saying go ahead.
    So I asked him to confirm.

Apparently, it didn't and he was still proposing to prune the tree and said he'd update me within the week, which he did.
    The above was only him confirming my legal rights.

I agreed to wait the week, but said I would be cutting the tree back to the boundary in any case, if his chap didn't.

So at the end of the week he suggested I go ahead and afterwards he would instruct a surgeon for his "side".
    This made sense to me, so I contacted a tree surgeon I've used before and agreed to do the work.

Unfortunately, he's come off his bike & damaged perhaps fractured ribs and won't be available for 4 weeks.

As I've waited 7 years, I've decided another 4 weeks won't hurt and I'm expecting it to be cut end April/early May.
  • Options

He has just replied  -

You are of course well within your legal right to cut the tree branches back to the boundary line on your side and I’m happy for you to do so provided you adhere to the following:

1.  Only prune/cut up to the boundary line, that being the dirt line between Reg end of my front wall next to your path edge and my wall at the top of this dirt strip;

2.  Legally you will also be aware that any infringement of workmen working over this line/leaning against the tree or any cuts beyond this line on a vertical plain is illegal and could result in charges of trespass and/or criminal damage;

I think you can only be charged with trespassing if there's intent to commit a crime, e.g vandalism or theft. 
  • Options

He has just replied  -

Apparently, it didn't and he was still proposing to prune the tree and said he'd update me within the week, which he did.

I agreed to wait the week, but said I would be cutting the tree back to the boundary in any case, if his chap didn't.

So at the end of the week he suggested I go ahead and afterwards he would instruct a surgeon for his "side".
    This made sense to me, so I contacted a tree surgeon I've used before and agreed to do the work.

Unfortunately, he's come off his bike & damaged perhaps fractured ribs and won't be available for 4 weeks.

As I've waited 7 years, I've decided another 4 weeks won't hurt and I'm expecting it to be cut end April/early May.
    Was he cutting down trees on his bike then..  ??
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I had a note shoved through my door asking for some trees to be cut down / cut back, the thing is there not even in my garden!
  • Options
    I'll come round and help you cut the over hanging trees. We'll then dump them back over the fence. Exactly what I did when it happened to me. They are taking the piss out of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He has just replied  -

You must be the most patient man going.

I think i'd have got annoyed waiting a couple of weeks, never mind 7 years.
  • Options
    If he doesn't get it pruned down on his side now, he's a massive prat
  • Options
    If he doesn't get it pruned down on his side now, he's a massive prat
    My surgeon assures me that the tree won't topple even in high winds, because of the width of the trunk & probable root length.

I can't say I'm bothered anymore. I just wish I'd got it chopped years ago, instead of being so Russell Slade like :smile:  
  • Options
    What’s matey and mateys wife said or no contact been made since you had the tree butchered :-)
  • Options
    What’s matey and mateys wife said or no contact been made since you had the tree butchered :-)
    Surgeon has just finished.
    I'm hoping she's in doors sobbing. He's not home yet. :smile:
    Looks a nice neat job CE, who did it Edward Scissor Hands  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done. Bet you are chuffed to see it finally sorted. 
  • Options
    Is there anyone out there who has a similar problem.......love a nice tree pruning dispute?
  • Options
    Now you gotta send him the invoice for the work.
  • Options
    They are (rightly) very protective of their trees down here @Stu_of_Kunming and this isn't the first prosecution or POCA proceedings over someone ignoring a TPO to increase the value of their property.

Don't have a problem with it myself.
  • Options
    Did he say anything?
  • Options
    Did he say anything?
    Nope.