Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would a tree surgeon know another tree surgeon, had previously got caught in a neighbour dispute ?

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    If possible, cut the overhang RIGHT up to the property line, and I mean so it literally looks like the tree stopped rendering as a graphic, or something. Like, cut it dead straight.

Rest of it is their problem. You've been polite, it seems, several times - just act within your rights.
    What happens if this over pruning kills the tree, or means that it falls over?  Do you know?

They will be able to sue me.
    Whether they would have a financial case, whether they would sue and whether they would be successful, is open to debate.

(Off to see The Stranglers now).
    That was my exact point, which is why I pointed out the other day that you were being sensible, rather than scared, to ignore some of the dangerous advise being given.
  • Options
    my understanding is if a tree is overhanging in your land your allowed to cut it back to the boundary, however you must give back what you cut (so basically when you cut it, you throw it in their garden! if you don't they can report you for theft.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    If possible, cut the overhang RIGHT up to the property line, and I mean so it literally looks like the tree stopped rendering as a graphic, or something. Like, cut it dead straight.

Rest of it is their problem. You've been polite, it seems, several times - just act within your rights.
    What happens if this over pruning kills the tree, or means that it falls over?  Do you know?

Whether they would have a financial case, whether they would sue and whether they would be successful, is open to debate.

Not sure strangling is within the boundaries of the law, best check first, might be better to stick with the tree surgeons ;)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

You are legally allowed to cut off all overhanging branches. 
    What happens to the tree then is none of your concern. 
    Now go and enjoy the Strangers and stop worrying .
  • Options
    Will the tree be Golden Brown once trimmed back to the boundary?
  • Options
    If the tree fell down it would be difficult to Walk On By
  • Options
    Will the tree be Golden Brown once trimmed back to the boundary?
    Something better change or @Covered End will get very pissed off. 

:wink:
  • Options
    Is it a peach tree?
    CE if you get arrested over this will that mean there are no more heroes any more in Bromley?
  • Options
    have you got a pic of her , just so we can get the full picture of what Blackpool’s getting himself in to 
    “Leave my f*****g tree alone”L
    That's a Would Ya vomit special!!!
    Would grate the cheese off your helmet.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Of course they will be able to ‘try’ and sue you.......you can ‘try’ to sue people for any number of reasons and rest assured there are plenty of solicitors out there who’d be only too happy to take on the case for your neighbours and make a nice few quid for themselves in doing so.
    However.....providing you have done everything legally by the book and informed them of what you are going to do in writing, and given THEIR lack of co-operation  and reluctance to resolve the problem, then they would have one hell of a problem in getting any compensation.
    Let them try to sue.....I bet they wouldn’t dare as they would likely lose a bunch of money, largely because of their general attitude and historical intransigence.
    Prune back to your boundary after having told them verbally and in writing that’s precisely what you’re going to do and to hell with them.
    Infact, you could likely take action against them for costs of the work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Of course they will be able to ‘try’ and sue you.......you can ‘try’ to sue people for any number of reasons and rest assured there are plenty of solicitors out there who’d be only too happy to take on the case for your neighbours and make a nice few quid for themselves in doing so.
    However.....providing you have done everything legally by the book and informed them of what you are going to do in writing, and given THEIR lack of co-operation  and reluctance to resolve the problem, then they would have one hell of a problem in getting any compensation.
    Let them try to sue.....I bet they wouldn’t dare as they would likely lose a bunch of money, largely because of their general attitude and historical intransigence.
    Prune back to your boundary after having told them verbally and in writing that’s precisely what you’re going to do and to hell with them.
    Infact, you could likely take action against them for costs of the work!
    And then kick him as hard as you can straight in the Bollox .

Glad to have been helpful 
  • Options
    have you got a pic of her , just so we can get the full picture of what Blackpool’s getting himself in to 
    Yes OK

This was a would ya right ?
  • Options
    Yes OK

This was a would ya right ?
    All day long.
    Fit as fcuc 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Is the tree in question on the pavement?
    No it's the tree behind and the trunk is hidden behind the tree in the street, in the last photo.
    You could always put your car in your garage CE.

I was waiting for the ridiculous comments.
    Erm...I've got to ask, but what's ridiculous about that? It seems like a treemendous idea to me. I wouldn't leave it there if I had a garage. ;-) 
  • Options
    The answer to the question is No.  Look at your Insurance cover and check to see if you are insured for  accidental damage to other parties. There is often a £1mil cover for accidental damage to third parties , but check. You could actually speak to your insurance company about your predicament, but alas that could cause greater difficulties as they will without doubt be concerned with the location of the tree to your property as there is no doubt in my opinion that it will be affecting your foundations and the drains leading to a potential claim by you at some point in the future. Some Insurance Companies would have asked you about trees and close proximity.
    What I would do is formally write(Recorded Delivery) to your neighbour and explain you have the legal right as far as you are aware to cut back to the boundary line. You intend to cut back to the boundary line in 2 months time. Advise them that when the cutting back on your side is completed that there will be a strong likelihood that the Tree could fall and that it will be their responsibility for any damage should the tree topple. Suggest to them that they should actually prune back to a similar level on their side after your side has been cut back. I would also explain that you will take no responsibility for the tree when you have undertaken the work on your side and that you will deposit the branches on their side as the law as you understand it suggests that that is the required approach.
    Explain that you will give them one month from the date of the letter to suggest any alternative approach to rectifying the situation that meets the needs of both parties.
    You could go into the Right of Light if your Light to your house is being affected. If Light to your house is affected explain that to your neighbour. You could also explain that should your drains or foundations be affected at a future date you will take Legal action against them (But I think that might inflame an issue which in essence 2 neighbours should be able to sort accepting reasonableness is required on both sides)

• Options
    Stefco said:
    clb74 said:
    seth plum said:
    Is the tree in question on the pavement?
    No it's the tree behind and the trunk is hidden behind the tree in the street, in the last photo.
    You could always put your car in your garage CE.

I was waiting for the ridiculous comments.
    Erm...I've got to ask, but what's ridiculous about that? It seems like a treemendous idea to me. I wouldn't leave it there if I had a garage. ;-) 
    Sorry, you've just been whooshed :-:smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The answer to the question is No.  Look at your Insurance cover and check to see if you are insured for  accidental damage to other parties. There is often a £1mil cover for accidental damage to third parties , but check. You could actually speak to your insurance company about your predicament, but alas that could cause greater difficulties as they will without doubt be concerned with the location of the tree to your property as there is no doubt in my opinion that it will be affecting your foundations and the drains leading to a potential claim by you at some point in the future. Some Insurance Companies would have asked you about trees and close proximity.
    What I would do is formally write(Recorded Delivery) to your neighbour and explain you have the legal right as far as you are aware to cut back to the boundary line. You intend to cut back to the boundary line in 2 months time. Advise them that when the cutting back on your side is completed that there will be a strong likelihood that the Tree could fall and that it will be their responsibility for any damage should the tree topple. Suggest to them that they should actually prune back to a similar level on their side after your side has been cut back. I would also explain that you will take no responsibility for the tree when you have undertaken the work on your side and that you will deposit the branches on their side as the law as you understand it suggests that that is the required approach.
    Explain that you will give them one month from the date of the letter to suggest any alternative approach to rectifying the situation that meets the needs of both parties.
    You could go into the Right of Light if your Light to your house is being affected. If Light to your house is affected explain that to your neighbour. You could also explain that should your drains or foundations be affected at a future date you will take Legal action against them (But I think that might inflame an issue which in essence 2 neighbours should be able to sort accepting reasonableness is required on both sides)

More or less what I have been saying all along.
  • Options
    So a tree surgeon is there right now. 

• Options

There’s only two fellers, when the other one arriving?
    Are they tree fellers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Smash her in the face with a brick then shout ' There's your fucking surgeon!' 

That'll learn her... 

Jokes obviously... 
  • Options

You don't need a tree surgeon, but a window company. Those sills aren't level with each other.
  • Options

You don't need a tree surgeon, but a window company. Those sills aren't level with each other.
    Where’s a man suppose to rest his balls?
  • Options
    Charlton Life gold Mate that’s the bollox 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Whispering trees and he is a tree reader!
    https://youtu.be/10dmK7O-KSY
  • Options
    He has made no contact and I know that he has had at least one tree surgeon round, and I think almost certainly at least 2.

I've told him having taking advice (didn't say it was CL and google) that I propose to the cut the tree back to the boundary in 4 weeks, unless he offers concrete proposals.

I asked him whether he would like me to deposit the cuttings in his front garden.

Well, cant leave it like that.  What did he say?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    No reply from yesterday's e mail.

I sent another this morning adding that if the tree pruning did not resolve the issue (as it didn't last time),
    then I would have to resolve the issue myself.

Still no reply.

I'll go out to the back garden in a while with the electric hedge cutter :smile: