Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham fan just run on and punched Jack Grealish

Comments

• Options
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:
    Banned from attending any football match for 10 years. Have Birmingham already given him a life ban?
    How do you enforce that? What's to stop him rocking up at The Valley or Port Vale? 
    If not playing City, then very difficult but if City are involved then there will be Birmingham police spotters and CCTV cameras
  • Options
    14 weeks is nothing really, especially as if he behaves he'll be out by May.

Fans have been given longer for throwing smoke bombs on the pitch.
  • Options
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:
    Banned from attending any football match for 10 years. Have Birmingham already given him a life ban?
    How do you enforce that? What's to stop him rocking up at The Valley or Port Vale? 
    Often wondered this myself. 
    Grow a beard, long hair etc.... 

Even home games. If a mate buys a ticket. 

How do bans work? 

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Would have liked to see him get a longer stretch. Nevertheless, banged up for 7 weeks, banned from watching Birmingham for life, presumably some sort of consequences in terms of employment - lost job or at least loss of earnings. 

What an idiot, was it really worth it?!
    A lot will depend on his previous record, whether he pleaded guilty at the first opportunity (assume from the quick sentence that he did) the lack of injury to Grealish (assault rather than ABH).

There are guidelines and tables of penalties so that there should be some sort of consistency.

Does undermine the oft heard cry of "if a football fan did that they'd be banged up for years".

Personally I think it is enough.  Would six months or 12 months be fitting?  Especially if he has no previous record?

Is it enough of a deterrent to others?  Hard to say as idiots will be idiots.
  • Options
    Good job they awarded Grealish £100 compensation, he'd have been struggling to pay this months bills otherwise.
  • Options
    Could be a lot of idiots out there thinking if I only get 14 weeks then its worth sticking one on my least favourite player.
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:

How do bans work? 

passport surrender for whenever england play abroad meaning you have to hand it in at local plod station, usually you arent allow within a certain amount of miles of where said club are playing it is usually a complete football ban aswell where every professional football ground is off limits. 
  • Options
    The biggest problem he will have is when he comes out of prison. 
    Tens of thousands of villa fans will now know who he is.
    Good luck if he tries living in the Birmingham area.
    Someone will be out to get him.
    Agree.  Unfortunately in this instance he could well have set off a chain of other like minded idiots that will have it in for him.  What a crazy thing to have done.  His kids having been moved out of there family home now due to death threats.  The only thing he’ll have on his sides moving forward is time.  This is headline news at the moment, but he better hope it slips from people’s memories quite quickly 
  • Options
    What a bonkers sentence in comparison to other football offences
  • Options
    Good he has been sentenced but not long enough in my opinion.

I get being handed with a ban on attending football matches, but again the question is how do they enforce it?

To me there’s plenty of ways of getting to football matches without ever being close to the police for them to stop and recognise who you are. I’ve never understood how they enforce these bans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    The biggest problem he will have is when he comes out of prison. 
    Tens of thousands of villa fans will now know who he is.
    Good luck if he tries living in the Birmingham area.
    Someone will be out to get him.
    Agree.  Unfortunately in this instance he could well have set off a chain of other like minded idiots that will have it in for him.  What a crazy thing to have done.  His kids having been moved out of there family home now due to death threats.  The only thing he’ll have on his sides moving forward is time.  This is headline news at the moment, but he better hope it slips from people’s memories quite quickly 
    If he is unemployed, has a kid and a pregnant wife tax payers will not only be keeping him whilst he is in prison, the council will be re-homing him and paying for all sorts of things to keep the him and his little darlings safe.
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:

How do bans work? 

Maybe they should have to sign in at a police station during the game, then arrested if they don't comply
  • Options
    https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/club-statement-supporter-bans/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

"The Club has also banned another supporter for life for a series of vile and malicious Tweets on social media, relating to Jack Grealish and his family.

The individual in question remains the subject of an ongoing investigation by West Midlands Police."

Not going to repeat what this idiot tweeted but it was vile.  Glad this is being dealt with too.
    Agreed, people get away with it way too often in this day and age with social media. So easy for a little shit to get on facebook or twitter and make disgusting statements. Again be nice to see if acting as a deterrent. 
  • Options
    as others said depends on previous etc, the guy that tweeted is worse imo as thats calculated and apparently been done a few times, he seemed to find it funny that grelishes brother died of cot death. 
  • Options
    https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/club-statement-supporter-bans/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

"The Club has also banned another supporter for life for a series of vile and malicious Tweets on social media, relating to Jack Grealish and his family.

The individual in question remains the subject of an ongoing investigation by West Midlands Police."

Not going to repeat what this idiot tweeted but it was vile.  Glad this is being dealt with too.
    Good, one of the most despicable tweets I have ever seen. 
  • Options
    What a bonkers sentence in comparison to other football offences
    Yup, it’s pathetic 
  • Options
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:
    His conscience. ;-)
  • Options
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:

After 14 weeks of being someone's bitch I doubt he's want any more punishment!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pringle said:
    Uboat said:
    If not playing City, then very difficult but if City are involved then there will be Birmingham police spotters and CCTV cameras
    Also, Birmingham spotters will pass on information to away ground spotters, and supply them with a list and photos of anyone currently banned, if seen in a ground, will go back to court and may have to finish his sentence in full, or even add more weeks to it.
    Even after his 10 year ban is done, those away ground OB and safety officers can still refuse him entry based on safety concerns and potential risk of trouble if he is present, does and has happened to some Charlton who were banned
  • Options
    A mate of mine used to come Charlton home and away (including Millwall) while banned from westham, unless you are playing the team that they support no old bill have a clue who they are.
  • Options
    Paul Mitchell asked the screw upon arriving at gaol, which was his cell.

The screw replied, keep on right to the end.
  • Options
    Paul Mitchell’s defence stated that the incident was “totally out of character” and “he’s not associated with any hooligan groups”. 

Yet he was wearing a CP company jacket with a great big 'Z' on it that they associate with their own Zulu logo.
  • Options
    Assessment of Paul Mitchell's future life. 

On the plus side he will never have to buy another drink if in a blues pub.

On the negative side, even though he may only do Six weeks, he will have to move from Birmingham to somewhere like West Croydon or Basildon, his partner will leave him and will deny him access to the Children as she will be worried about their safety. He will struggle to get any type of job, and he will end up living on the streets and bin dipping and pissing himself in his cold disturbed sleep. He will constantly worry that a Villa fan will find him and give him a kicking.

Karma.
  • Options

On the negative side, even though he may only do Six weeks, he will have to move from Birmingham to somewhere like West Croydon or Basildon, his partner will leave him and will deny him access to the Children as she will be worried about their safety. He will struggle to get any type of job, and he will end up living on the streets and bin dipping and pissing himself in his cold disturbed sleep. He will constantly worry that a Villa fan will find him and give him a kicking.

Karma.

I doubt very much he's intelligent enough to think that, let alone worry about it.

• Options

Think this is the lad that seriously needs to worry about his safety...

More so than that fan who ran on the pitch
  • Options
    when grealish leaves in summer will these villa fans be so eager to hurt the bloke? 

the twitter guy is worse because that's nasty and directly affects the family, but it happens at most clubs this is not a isolated incident. 

the steward nicked in a way i blame the villa players jumping over the barriers is always going to cause agg as an away side, the minimum wage stewards dont need that at a sunday lunchtime.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Karma.

I doubt very much he's intelligent enough to think that, let alone worry about it.

I agree not the brightest BUT the next few months may help the few brain cells Mitchell has acquired in his life, start to work and reflect on the repercussions of his moronic actions.