Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    The best we can realistically hope for it the EFL saying no way are we or could we buy Charlton so it's a non-starter.

At least RD and LDT will have to find another pathetic excuse/lie
    That's far from the best thing they could say. 
    Of course which is why I didn't say it was the best thing they could say.
  • Options
    The best we can realistically hope for it the EFL saying no way are we or could we buy Charlton so it's a non-starter.

I would like them to request a meeting with RD at EFL HQ in order to discuss.

They should then explain to him the realistic value of the club.

Explain that they cannot buy any EFL club and then charge him with bringing the game in to disrepute.

(Sending him on his way with a swift kick in his nuts).
    So would I.  But how realistic is it to hope for that given the weaknesses of the EFL and that they have more pressing issues.
  • Options
    Any EFL fine will be paid by the club RD won't actually pay a penny
  • Options

I just wonder what RD's next step is when he eventually gets the expected formal response rebuffing his "demand". My hope is that this is the tipping point where he finally realises he needs to drop his sale price but I am not betting on it.
  • Options
    Any EFL fine will be paid by the club RD won't actually pay a penny
    Thats a very good point, he will probably also add the fine to the asking price
  • Options
    They should make him come and explain what is going on and publish when and where so everyone in football are aware that they are taking this seriously.

It would also give us the opportunity to explain in person how we view view things at the moment.
  • Options
    The last time the EFL met Roland didn’t they go to Belgium?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one Centurion

• Options
    Breaking news from EFL on SSN, you’ll be surprised to hear to EFL aren’t gonna buy us due to conflict of interest rules and regs.

But they will “continue” to assist Roland with the sale.
  • Options
    EFL confirmed they cannot takeover the club will help the prick to sell. What a load of bollocks again!
  • Options
    From the EFL statement just released, 

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

As a competition organiser, the EFL regulates against dual interests and, having assessed the suggestion to take control of Charlton Athletic put forward by the Club’s owner Roland Duchatalet, the EFL Board has concluded that that such an arrangement would raise a significant conflict of interest and as such is not one that could be considered.

The EFL will be speaking to Mr Duchatalet with regard to the ownership of Charlton Athletic and will continue to offer any support it can in assisting with his aim of finding a suitable new owner for the Club.

In meantime, the ongoing EFL review continues and is expected to reach a conclusion before the end of the season.

• Options
    Kick the can down the road - wankers.
  • Options

A very good article on the situation below

But, as Bolton and Blackpool have found, it only takes a day to change a life. Duchâtelet’s reign at the top of Charlton Athletic is closer to its conclusion then it is to its beginning. If bad ownership is part of the pantomime of modern football, Charlton fans should take solace in the knowledge that pantomimes often offer one ludicrous moment of grandiosity before the villain finally falls.

The EFL won’t be taking control of Charlton Athletic any time soon, but with this one wild demand, Duchâtelet may have played his final and most outlandish card. The only thing left – one would think – is the eventual sale of the Addicks, and a return to the real world for a club left to rot for the past three years.

https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2019/03/05/efl-charlton-owner-roland-duchatelets-latest-demand/
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

As a competition organiser, the EFL regulates against dual interests and, having assessed the suggestion to take control of Charlton Athletic put forward by the Club’s owner Roland Duchatalet, the EFL Board has concluded that that such an arrangement would raise a significant conflict of interest and as such is not one that could be considered.

The EFL will be speaking to Mr Duchatalet with regard to the ownership of Charlton Athletic and will continue to offer any support it can in assisting with his aim of finding a suitable new owner for the Club.

In meantime, the ongoing EFL review continues and is expected to reach a conclusion before the end of the season.

Ha ha

Looks like not only have they said "get real Roland" but the EFL haven't forgotten that it was Duchatelet that called for the review in the first place.

This isn't Belgium, you irrational rat, you can't call the shots here.
  • Options
    The review should have been completed by now.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Shame they've given it more time than deserved with releasing that statement!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Guess that is the nearest I'm likely to get to an answer to my email to the EFL http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3464479/#Comment_3464479

Although they still have 24h to meet there own reply target by sending me a personal copy, I'm not holding my breath!

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Are they going to lend him a gun?

Or is that not the aim they are talking about?

What they really meant-

”having assessed the suggestion, and after we managed to stand up straight after rolling around the office clutching our sides, the EFL board conclude that he was as mad as a March hare and that the suggestion would raise a considerable amount of derision across football.

In the meantime the EFL will be trying to contact his doctor to offer any support it can in assisting them to have him sectioned under the mental health act.

In the meantime the ongoing EFL review will continue until it is legally safe to publish a conclusion.”

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Guess that is the nearest I'm likely to get to an answer to my email to the EFL http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3464479/#Comment_3464479

Although they still have 24h to meet there own reply target by sending me a personal copy, I'm not holding my breath!

Same here.. they probably looking at it from the fact that they may have received lots of e-mails (including mine), by issuing the statement they don't have to respond to any of ous. It was still worth doing though. 
  • Options

No really

• Options
    EFL in doing fuck all shock
  • Options

No really

The only person in the world, who thought it might happen was Roland.
  • Options
    At least we have the prospect of another bonkers statement from Duchatelet to look forward too.
  • Options
    about all the daft twats proposal deserved