Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    Just a small difference with @Grapevine49 s excellent post, regarding the money. I always stated that buying a football club is for those with money they don't need, for example Roland Duchatalet. For the rest of us however, it's not so easy. I don't know how many people would be prepared to chip in 2500 quid, but I would not. For a start, it would go to Roland, something I wouldn't consider. This all looks like a desperate play, but here's the crunch, once the group of fans own the club, and pick an executive group to start taking decisions, how long would the next request for another 2,500 quid take? And the next? This is a money losing business. If RD ran us literally out of business, and lost his money, I would be happy to see what I could stump up to refloat the Addicks. Wimbledon and Dartford have both done so. But we would reappear way down the food chain, and costs would be much lower and more sustainable. Where we are now is very expensive, and while I applaud the sentiment, sorry but I think the numbers defeat us fans. besides, as I said, I'm not buying anything that Roland has so badly devalued. let him wake up and put a normal price on a tier 3 club.
    the idea floated would be to buy, and own, The Valley and Sparrows Lane and rent it to a group running the football club with them being responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of both so further cash injections from the fans would not be necessary.
  • Options
    razil said:
    He is dialling in tonight I believe
    Who Roland or LDT??
  • Options
    Just a small difference with @Grapevine49 s excellent post, regarding the money. I always stated that buying a football club is for those with money they don't need, for example Roland Duchatalet. For the rest of us however, it's not so easy. I don't know how many people would be prepared to chip in 2500 quid, but I would not. For a start, it would go to Roland, something I wouldn't consider. This all looks like a desperate play, but here's the crunch, once the group of fans own the club, and pick an executive group to start taking decisions, how long would the next request for another 2,500 quid take? And the next? This is a money losing business. If RD ran us literally out of business, and lost his money, I would be happy to see what I could stump up to refloat the Addicks. Wimbledon and Dartford have both done so. But we would reappear way down the food chain, and costs would be much lower and more sustainable. Where we are now is very expensive, and while I applaud the sentiment, sorry but I think the numbers defeat us fans. besides, as I said, I'm not buying anything that Roland has so badly devalued. let him wake up and put a normal price on a tier 3 club.
    the idea floated would be to buy, and own, The Valley and Sparrows Lane and rent it to a group running the football club with them being responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of both so further cash injections from the fans would not be necessary.
    Okay I misunderstood part of the proposal.
  • Options
    According to the minutes of last weeks FF, there is a FULL FF today/tonight. Are the people attending going to raise the RD statement with tonight's Club attendees? Will LDT be there or is this just the Valley based staff? 
    To add please see a few sentences taking from the minutes, and then compare to what RD said in his 'interview' where he said there are no negotiations ongoing!

LDT said there are still three parties interested in buying the club.

When asked why the Australians haven’t completed the deal yet LDT said he feels the Australian group is too complex. He said he still speaks with Australians every two to three days.

Someone should simply ask who is lying LDT or Rolland.
    What's the difference? If LDT is lying, he's lying on behalf of Roland. There isn't even a Roland heirachy at the club anymore, Murray has taken a clear backseat after naively believing he could win fans over in swinging them back around to RD/KM and co. and now Charlton fans no longer trust him and rightly so given how he so brazenly backed the insane last five years that rally against everything about the past Charlton that he represented.

The reality for me has always been the same. RD bought us as a 'location football club', excited by the financial prospects of a Premier League stadium, location close to many London landmarks and the well positioned and sought after training ground in Sparrows Lane. He also believed with his networking method he could solve our on-field problems (note whilst it didn't work anyway, he was about two years two f***ing late there as SCP had been working wonders and got us back to the championship, even with the off-field problems of the previous owner we had 6 games in hand when he was sacked!). The networking method had failed spectacularly at two other clubs and predictably it did at ours, in turn therefore, the location has never really paid off and now I believe he is determined to ruin us as part of an ever-growing bitter legacy, asset strip and make his money there off the land and then sell us to the lowest bidder. That's why we've yet to have an agreement with any so-called "interested party".

The statements have been growing more and more deluded over the last few years, from Meire to Duchatelet through high-profile resignations from the management team who have to work with them on this. Anyone who watches the NFL could liken some of what you are hearing to Antonio Brown currently. I believe Roland has completely lost it and like the management team he implemented, he can't control his temper or has any PR savvy and is now out to get us for daring to stand up to his control freak nature, the latter of which is made an even greater problem by how shockingly poor his system to try and develop football teams is. As he's previously stated with his 2% remark, money is not an issue. The notion no businessman can afford or, rather, is willing to afford to lose money to prove a point is not necessarily the case when dealing with a narcissist like Roland.

Regarding the property damage, also, I sincerely doubt that's been caused by Charlton fans. It's too obvious. So far the protests have been incredibly well organised and almost tongue-in-cheek in their approach, but with a serious nature of course. What has won so much empathy is they have, at no point, in an organized effect, broken the law or not any law that couldn't be argued. KM's recent newspaper interview suggesting she felt in danger is a pile of crap, if she actually did no way would she have ridden public transport. That's not ballsy or brazen, that's downright stupid and her family would have torn her away from that at the very least. I'd take a good bet that that graffiti has been perpetrated by Roland or in support of our cause by someone else. Roland's own uncertainty over it during his interview last week plays to that. He was so quick to point the finger at the fans for his demise but when it came to the one thing that would probably win him some mild support, he suddenly became quite the diplomat. I would suggest that means he knows something about that, that we don't. 

I have feared for Charlton's future since this stubborn, bitter old man took over. First thing I did when he bought the club in January 2014 was log onto some Standard Leige fan sites and read their views and instantly you could tell he was going to be a problem, not the right fit for us for sure and then the sacking of SCP and selling of Yann Kermorgant confirmed it for me, as I'm sure it did many other fans. However I do remember a significant percentage of fans, especially those on the independent facebook group, all too quick to buy into Roland and back the SCP sacking ("boring football", "can't cut it without the money" etc) who presumably suddenly thought we were Man City or Leicester without actually looking into him or his football background with any real depth. He still got a lot of support after the Slade appointment too. Well I hope those of you who did feel very f***ing stupid now because this mess could genuinely destroy this football club and all those who have worked for it so remember this when (hopefully!) we are bought again, don't run to the new owner and fall at their feet because I also believe that when you get in bed with a rat like Roland, the next bed is usually dirty still. We're in a vicious circle now and we need to hope the right kind of owner comes along, and that's not necessarily one with significant finances. 

I also don't think it's any surprise that results have dropped off. Bow and Jacko have done extremely well to make it just one loss in six but we've slipped in terms of wins and struggle to set ourselves early in games, like we have previously. No surprise when eventually the likes of Bow, Taylor and Purrington are drawn into criticising the owner publicly because even they can't keep quiet on the nonsense anymore. If we don't get promoted, lord knows what will happen. I don't see anyone decent staying, why would they? Whatever future we try to manufacture on the pitch, it's tied to that pr**k and it will forever drag us back down.
    Excellent summary, but why would he sell us to the lowest bidder ? 
    Did you mean the highest  bidder ?
  • Options
    According to the minutes of last weeks FF, there is a FULL FF today/tonight. Are the people attending going to raise the RD statement with tonight's Club attendees? Will LDT be there or is this just the Valley based staff? 
    To add please see a few sentences taking from the minutes, and then compare to what RD said in his 'interview' where he said there are no negotiations ongoing!

When asked why the Australians haven’t completed the deal yet LDT said he feels the Australian group is too complex. He said he still speaks with Australians every two to three days.

What's the difference? If LDT is lying, he's lying on behalf of Roland. There isn't even a Roland heirachy at the club anymore, Murray has taken a clear backseat after naively believing he could win fans over in swinging them back around to RD/KM and co. and now Charlton fans no longer trust him and rightly so given how he so brazenly backed the insane last five years that rally against everything about the past Charlton that he represented.

The reality for me has always been the same. RD bought us as a 'location football club', excited by the financial prospects of a Premier League stadium, location close to many London landmarks and the well positioned and sought after training ground in Sparrows Lane. He also believed with his networking method he could solve our on-field problems (note whilst it didn't work anyway, he was about two years two f***ing late there as SCP had been working wonders and got us back to the championship, even with the off-field problems of the previous owner we had 6 games in hand when he was sacked!). The networking method had failed spectacularly at two other clubs and predictably it did at ours, in turn therefore, the location has never really paid off and now I believe he is determined to ruin us as part of an ever-growing bitter legacy, asset strip and make his money there off the land and then sell us to the lowest bidder. That's why we've yet to have an agreement with any so-called "interested party".

The statements have been growing more and more deluded over the last few years, from Meire to Duchatelet through high-profile resignations from the management team who have to work with them on this. Anyone who watches the NFL could liken some of what you are hearing to Antonio Brown currently. I believe Roland has completely lost it and like the management team he implemented, he can't control his temper or has any PR savvy and is now out to get us for daring to stand up to his control freak nature, the latter of which is made an even greater problem by how shockingly poor his system to try and develop football teams is. As he's previously stated with his 2% remark, money is not an issue. The notion no businessman can afford or, rather, is willing to afford to lose money to prove a point is not necessarily the case when dealing with a narcissist like Roland.

Regarding the property damage, also, I sincerely doubt that's been caused by Charlton fans. It's too obvious. So far the protests have been incredibly well organised and almost tongue-in-cheek in their approach, but with a serious nature of course. What has won so much empathy is they have, at no point, in an organized effect, broken the law or not any law that couldn't be argued. KM's recent newspaper interview suggesting she felt in danger is a pile of crap, if she actually did no way would she have ridden public transport. That's not ballsy or brazen, that's downright stupid and her family would have torn her away from that at the very least. I'd take a good bet that that graffiti has been perpetrated by Roland or in support of our cause by someone else. Roland's own uncertainty over it during his interview last week plays to that. He was so quick to point the finger at the fans for his demise but when it came to the one thing that would probably win him some mild support, he suddenly became quite the diplomat. I would suggest that means he knows something about that, that we don't. 

I have feared for Charlton's future since this stubborn, bitter old man took over. First thing I did when he bought the club in January 2014 was log onto some Standard Leige fan sites and read their views and instantly you could tell he was going to be a problem, not the right fit for us for sure and then the sacking of SCP and selling of Yann Kermorgant confirmed it for me, as I'm sure it did many other fans. However I do remember a significant percentage of fans, especially those on the independent facebook group, all too quick to buy into Roland and back the SCP sacking ("boring football", "can't cut it without the money" etc) who presumably suddenly thought we were Man City or Leicester without actually looking into him or his football background with any real depth. He still got a lot of support after the Slade appointment too. Well I hope those of you who did feel very f***ing stupid now because this mess could genuinely destroy this football club and all those who have worked for it so remember this when (hopefully!) we are bought again, don't run to the new owner and fall at their feet because I also believe that when you get in bed with a rat like Roland, the next bed is usually dirty still. We're in a vicious circle now and we need to hope the right kind of owner comes along, and that's not necessarily one with significant finances. 

I also don't think it's any surprise that results have dropped off. Bow and Jacko have done extremely well to make it just one loss in six but we've slipped in terms of wins and struggle to set ourselves early in games, like we have previously. No surprise when eventually the likes of Bow, Taylor and Purrington are drawn into criticising the owner publicly because even they can't keep quiet on the nonsense anymore. If we don't get promoted, lord knows what will happen. I don't see anyone decent staying, why would they? Whatever future we try to manufacture on the pitch, it's tied to that pr**k and it will forever drag us back down.
    Nope, I wouldn't bank against it being the lowest. He'll unload us to an owner he doesn't suspect will do much with us at all, I also envision that he will sell us to someone similar in his circle of ownership types. He won't want to see the club made a success of, he's that bitter about his own failures. I also suspect if this plays out the market for us won't be very strong and the club will go quite cheaply anyway.
  • Options

Nope, I wouldn't bank against it being the lowest. He'll unload us to an owner he doesn't suspect will do much with us at all, I also envision that he will sell us to someone similar in his circle of ownership types. He won't want to see the club made a success of, he's that bitter about his own failures. I also suspect if this plays out the market for us won't be very strong and the club will go quite cheaply anyway.
    Sorry, but that's too ridiculous for words.

No one, not even RD is mad enough to sell to the lowest bidder.

If that's true he would have already sold up, plus us fans might as well offer him £1 and he would sell to us now as the lowest bidder.
  • Options

If that's true he would have already sold up, plus us fans might as well offer him £1 and he would sell to us now as the lowest bidder.
    Is he not? Truly believe it depends who the bidder is. As I said earlier, we are in a potential vicious circle of ownership now.

I don't believe the £1 statement for a moment, I believe he'll sell off the assets and then mark us at a price. 
  • Options

Is he not? Truly believe it depends who the bidder is. As I said earlier, we are in a potential vicious circle of ownership now.

I don't believe the £1 statement for a moment, I believe he'll sell off the assets and then mark us at a price. 
    I accept he and any seller can sell to whom they choose.

He may sell to party A for £40M, rather than party B for £50M, because that's his preference, but that's quite different from saying RD will sell to the lowest bidder.
  • Options
    OS was down for me earlier. I automatically thought “whats the old fool said now to crash the site?”
  • Options
    I doubt that any bidder will give him the whole amount up front.
    It will be payed in instalments over the next few years .
    So the bidder he will sell to is the one he feels most likely to have the cash.
    Hence he ain't sold to the Aussies who can't convince him they have the money. 
    Just my opinion of course  so feel free to disagree .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    As if ;-)

i suspect it’s the grand total he’s worried about, and finding anyone to offer what he wants is proving almost impossible. Or even impossible. 
  • Options
    It’s a good point and agreed that no one will be willing to pay all up front.

With that in mind, I feel that he will sell to the bidder who offers the most cash up front. 

Its been proven on several occasions with sold players that he prefers more cash up front, rather than a better deal for future sell on fees etc. 
  • Options

Slightly aggrieved by this. I was interested in Roland's initial rhetoric about a club being an institution that has replaced the church and how he was going to make it a place where people enjoyed gathering to share a communal experience. Without any in depth analysis this notion of a network approach again sounded intriguing. The fact that Roland wasn't able to deliver on any of his vision is now well documented and evident. And i now can only hope that there are fewer RD/Regime supporters left than ISIS fanatics in their forlorn Syrian enclave. But to get so righteous about those that initially, supported his approach is a bit on the nose. You were right, but only the passing of time has provided the evidence. Please don't infer that anyone that ever supported Roland's approach or gave him a chance has been a part of, or the cause of, the tumor that has afflicted the Club. There is only one person who is to blame for this nonsense. Ladies and Gentlemen, please show your appreciation for Monsieur Duchatelet.

PS: SCP's firing was when i started to have serious doubts i seem to recall.
  • Options

Jim White & Simon Jordan just had a short discussion about Roland's demand about the EFL should buy #cafc White texted Roland this morning & Roland replied that his demand still stands which Jordan described as preposterous.

• Options
    This is all just heartbreaking. He will run us into the ground. 
  • Options

Jim White & Simon Jordan just had a short discussion about Roland's demand about the EFL should buy #cafc White texted Roland this morning & Roland replied that his demand still stands which Jordan described as preposterous.

It puts more pressure on the EFL to respond which is good. There also seems to be a general consensus building in the media that change is required to protect clubs from bad owners.
  • Options
    DEMAND no less.
    Presumably that is how he operates in Belgium.
    Makes demands and expects compliance. 
  • Options
    I wonder if the EFL still think he's fit and proper?
  • Options

Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry and Bolton have outstanding issues set to be discussed by EFL board

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11656049/efl-clubs-set-for-dramatic-day-ahead-of-board-meeting
  • Options

Jesus. Not this AGAIN.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Jesus. Not this AGAIN.

Looks like it. My understanding is that there is NOTHING the EFL can do regarding Roly's eccentric behaviour/idiotic/ramblings etc. Unless he has broken EFL rules their hands are tied. Suffice it to say they will not be buying Charlton! Nope. As others have stated, unless he accepts a bid from someone, in the long term we are f****d.
  • Options
    There is something they can do now actually. He's criticised the EFL directly, which is breaking their rules and they could charge him with bringing the game into disrepute. In theory, if they wanted to, they could charge him over and over until he retracts the statement, fining him each time he fails to comply. Roly is more than a little stubborn, so it could run and run.

I'm not sure the EFL have the balls to do, but they could make his life difficult if they so chose.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Off_it said:

Jesus. Not this AGAIN.

Looks like it. My understanding is that there is NOTHING the EFL can do regarding Roly's eccentric behaviour/idiotic/ramblings etc. Unless he has broken EFL rules their hands are tied. Suffice it to say they will not be buying Charlton! Nope. As others have stated, unless he accepts a bid from someone, in the long term we are f****d.
    Yeh I get that.
  • Options
    clive said:

Blackpool, Charlton, Coventry and Bolton have outstanding issues set to be discussed by EFL board

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11656049/efl-clubs-set-for-dramatic-day-ahead-of-board-meeting
    Hadn’t realised that Brum are in for a possible 12 point deduction. 
  • Options
    The best we can realistically hope for it the EFL saying no way are we or could we buy Charlton so it's a non-starter.

At least RD and LDT will have to find another pathetic excuse/lie
  • Options
    There is something they can do now actually. He's criticised the EFL directly, which is breaking their rules and they could charge him with bringing the game into disrepute. In theory, if they wanted to, they could charge him over and over until he retracts the statement, fining him each time he fails to comply. Roly is more than a little stubborn, so it could run and run.

I'm not sure the EFL have the balls to do, but they could make his life difficult if they so chose.
    EFL also can't claim they're unaware of the breach as they have had it specifically brought to their attention, we're not relying on them having read any of the dozens of articles published in the last couple of weeks.
    The misconduct is there for all to see, I don't suppose the EFL sanction can be terribly stringent but for this transgression to go formally unpunished will speak volumes for the EFL's, integrity and that of the individuals concerned.
    I'll be fascinated to see how Harvey shapes up in this and where he turns up after his imminent departure from EFL.
    For all his interpersonal finesse, when face to face with Charlton fans and our grievances, we'll soon find out if he has any bollocks or just talks a load of bollocks.  He should be going to town on miscreants like douchebag, sisu at al.  Remains to be seen if he'll be protecting his own future in some football capacity or protecting clubs and the game itself from the deceitful and deluded.
  • Options
    The best we can realistically hope for it the EFL saying no way are we or could we buy Charlton so it's a non-starter.

At least RD and LDT will have to find another pathetic excuse/lie
    That's far from the best thing they could say. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019

EFL also can't claim they're unaware of the breach as they have had it specifically brought to their attention, we're not relying on them having read any of the dozens of articles published in the last couple of weeks.
    The misconduct is there for all to see, I don't suppose the EFL sanction can be terribly stringent but for this transgression to go formally unpunished will speak volumes for the EFL's, integrity and that of the individuals concerned.
    I'll be fascinated to see how Harvey shapes up in this and where he turns up after his imminent departure from EFL.
    For all his interpersonal finesse, when face to face with Charlton fans and our grievances, we'll soon find out if he has any bollocks or just talks a load of bollocks.  He should be going to town on miscreants like douchebag, sisu at al.  Remains to be seen if he'll be protecting his own future in some football capacity or protecting clubs and the game itself from the deceitful and deluded.
    Not sure they would see getting into a slanging match with a mad man would serve them very well. They will politely decline his offer explaining why they cannot buy a member club due to conflict of interest. In terms of his claim he was misled re FFP, he is not taking any legal action in relation to that so they will not even explain their position is my guess.
  • Options

Oddly, I did mention about 'bringing the game into disrepute' a week or so back when this ridiculous situation first arose. I reckon it will just be a polite reply from the EFL as to just why they can't buy Charlton.  They must realise by now they are dealing with someone who isn't quite playing with a full bag of marbles?