Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Can't say I'm impressed to be honest. Crowd looks small ax well! What's with holding up a card at the end of 5 balls?
    Think the umpire screwed up with the no ball/free hit!
    ECB trying to make more money and screw the proper game!
    Signifies the end of the 5 ball over.
  • This is the only stand alone women’s game, think the others will benefit from the bigger crowds for the double game days
  • Rothko said:
    honestly think there using this game to iron out a few issues. Tomorrow nights game is sold out or close to isn’t it? 
    I was wondering why they decided to launch the competition with a girls game. It just feels oddly low key after all the preceding hype.
  • What they should have done, of they were so determined to have it, is have a one off game between England and Pakistan live on the BBC. 
  • Yeah the whole holding up a card is weird, should be dropped, or replaced with some kind of graphic, to go on the big screen as well.
  • Is it pink "everywhere" for the women or will the men's be pink as well?
  • edited July 2021
    She's a big old girl that Lee.
    It made me think of David Shepherd.
    @Covered End

my kind of girl 

• Is it pink "everywhere" for the women or will the men's be pink as well?
    Same branding for the men’s games 
  • Rothko said:
    This is the only stand alone women’s game, think the others will benefit from the bigger crowds for the double game days
    Or the ground will only fill up towards the end of the women's match
  • I watch more men's sport than most, so haven't watched women's cricket, as quite frankly there are hardly enough hours in the day.

Looking at that for an hour I wouldn't be interested in women's 20/20, let alone this.
    I'll also watch a men's game out of curiosity, but I'm quite happy if it's a massive failure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have they got the colours on the graphics the wrong way round? 
    So confusing to try to see the score if you switch on half way through 
  • Leaving aside the specific negatives I have about the 100 and watching franchises that I have no connection to or care about, women's cricket does suffer in this shorter format, due to the lack of strength

In Test cricket you can admire tight bowling, solid defence and graceful flicks of the hips, but T20 and similar formats are all about the big shots. The ball being smashed into the crowd, whereas they've had to bring the rope well in to get any sixes

• It's shit.End off 
    Stop watching it
  • edited July 2021
    Stewart said:
    She's a big old girl that Lee.
    It made me think of David Shepherd.
    @Covered End

my kind of girl 

Batter. Batter!  FFS

• You're batter off leaving it mate.
  • Some of this fielding is absolutely criminal.
  • Sky seem to be using the name across all their cricket. Gender friendly. 🤔
  • Rothko said:
    honestly think there using this game to iron out a few issues. Tomorrow nights game is sold out or close to isn’t it? 
    If your definition of a sell out includes thousands of people attending on free tickets you might be right! 
  • Great finish set up
  • Sky seem to be using the name across all their cricket. Gender friendly. 🤔
    They have done for a while but still call it 3rd man, 12th man etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a good game
  • You’re kind of punished for putting pace on the ball. Small boundaries seem more punishing. I genuinely think if they fielded a team of 4 spinners they’d probably win.

Its good they’re growing the women’s game but I do think the rules/format needs a little revising.
  • Enjoyed that. Nice to see kids taking an interest in cricket. Hopefully brings in fans to all the formats. 
  • I’m sure I saw our own Lauren Kreamer in one of the crowd shots near the end!

good ending, hope the women’s game can really take a step forward now through this comp.
  • Whereas the men's T20 Blast is still continuing alongside the 100, for the women the Kia Super League has been entirely replaced by this, so they now have no T20 tournament, the official short form format in international cricket...
  • I thought the stumping was close to taking the ball  in front of the stumps 
    but no one else did 

• Only caught the last 10 minutes.
    fully expected pac man to crawl along the bottom of the screen and gobble up the graphics.
  • my mate who has zero knowledge of cricket got me and my dad tickets... so i'll be going tomorrow night. Should be, at the very least, interesting!
    I been given a free ticket for tomorrow's at the Oval. Haven't followed cricket for a while but should be an excuse for a good piss up.
  • I thought the stumping was close to taking the ball  in front of the stumps 
    but no one else did 

I did.
  • Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandan!

Having had no preconceived ideas how this was going to go, I sat down with an open heart, cricket, oval as a venue, loving heart.

And I loved it.

I miss the Oval. I loved my cricket nights there 🥰🤩😍🤩🥰