Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• my mate who has zero knowledge of cricket got me and my dad tickets... so i'll be going tomorrow night. Should be, at the very least, a major pissup!
    Fixed
  • I'm a cricket fanatic, but I can only name two of the sides - Southern Brave and Oval Invincibles. I suspect there is a Lightning or Rockets knocking about amongst the eight teams too, but I'm not sure. It's possible that the Southerners will be brave, but less likely that the Ovaltineys will be invincible.
  • I'm a cricket fanatic, but I can only name two of the sides - Southern Brave and Oval Invincibles. I suspect there is a Lightning or Rockets knocking about amongst the eight teams too, but I'm not sure. It's possible that the Southerners will be brave, but less likely that the Ovaltineys will be invincible.
    Southern Brave
    Oval Invincibles
    Welsh Fire
    London Spirit 
    Trent Rockets
    Manchester Originals 
    Northern Superchargers
    Birmingham Pheonix
  • At the Oval tomorrow night with my wife and 6 year Son. He's really excited about going to the Oval and if helps him become a cricket fan then I'm all for it.
  • Looking forward to seeing Dom Sibley
    smack it around. 
  • Got no interest in the women’s game tonight, might watch some of the men’s game tomorrow to see what other gimmicks they have.  
  • I have said I will never watch The Hundred, but now  it's here, I might have a look
  • MrOneLung said:
    Got no interest in the women’s game tonight, might watch some of the men’s game tomorrow to see what other gimmicks they have.  
    Every time a boundary is scored in the womens game it will be celebrated by male gogo dancers covered in baby oil, this is a sign of enpowerment for the women.

For the mens game there will be the female equivalent which will be seen a exploitative of women.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely no interest. None of my cricket loving mates will be watching either. Boycott out of principle. Part of the ECB plan to destroy counties like Kent and will do irreparable damage to Test cricket 
  • It'll be more fun than watching my eldest play Xbox, but less interesting than me aging xbox
  • After 5 balls, I can safely say this is crap. 
  • First ever ball a wide…

I hope the women’s getting more attention will mean their fielding gets better, dire at the moment
  • The scoring graphics are horrific 
  • cafc999 said:
    Why didn't they just pump some more money into the T20 tournament to attract major overseas players like the IPL?
    Because they wanted franchise cricket and presumably the existing T20  blast contracts don't allow for that. Setting up a second T20 competition would have been pointless, no differentiation from the existing T20 comp and would be difficult to market, so they were left having to invent a new product as the only way to achieve franchise cricket.
  • edited July 2021
    She's a big old girl that Lee.
    It made me think of David Shepherd.
  • Watched a couple of overs.

It's not for me & the tv scoreboard graphic is horrendous.

Switched off
  • Actually compared to the umpire she's not too bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• The graphics make it basically impossible to follow the score lol. 
  • Wtf is wrong with 36/1??? Clunky multicoloured graphics. It’s horrible.
  • Decent batting display without feeling explosive. Still going at 9 an over in old money, so decent start
  • I designed something similar on my zx spectrum once. Shame as the cricket is fine
  • edited July 2021
    cafc999 said:
    Why didn't they just pump some more money into the T20 tournament to attract major overseas players like the IPL?
    Because they wanted franchise cricket and presumably the existing T20  blast contracts don't allow for that. Setting up a second T20 competition would have been pointless, no differentiation from the existing T20 comp and would be difficult to market, so they were left having to invent a new product as the only way to achieve franchise cricket.
    I get that but will that make it more exciting? I think not. 
  • I have been watching this for 25 minutes and I would actually like those 25 minutes back, this is fucking awful.

How did the umpire missed the nick.  The other umpire didn't even know the rules for a no ball. 
  • I love my cricket so this rubbish is clearly not aimed at me..,

Designed by the pony-talied marketing exec in this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4tD2Hbg_A
  • cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    I get that but will that make it more exciting? I think not. 
    I’ll give it a week, be interesting tomorrow with the likes of Jos Butler going after the Curran brothers 
  • Can't say I'm impressed to be honest. Crowd looks small ax well! What's with holding up a card at the end of 5 balls?
    Think the umpire screwed up with the no ball/free hit!
    ECB trying to make more money and screw the proper game!
  • honestly think there using this game to iron out a few issues. Tomorrow nights game is sold out or close to isn’t it?