Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Options
    Do wickets and runs count towards their career totals and if anyone gets a 100 or five-fer at lords does it go on the board? 
  • Options
    Do wickets and runs count towards their career totals and if anyone gets a 100 or five-fer at lords does it go on the board? 
    Yes, they count towards their Hundred career stats. 

No, they don't go on the boards. 
  • Options
    Cricket is changing. 
    Who cares. 
    I do. 
    It’s taking a centuries old game and making it “relevant “. 
    Why? 
    Cricket has never been the main game in my lifetime. It has T20, County Games, 50 over games, Test Matches.
    It needs another variation, really. If you don’t get cricket with all that you never will.
    Unless it’s 1 over cricket.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Cricket is changing. 
    Who cares. 
    I do. 
    Why? 
    Cricket has never been the main game in my lifetime. It has T20, County Games, 50 over games, Test Matches.
    It needs another variation, really. If you don’t get cricket with all that you never will.
    Are you enjoying it though?
  • Options
    Can I just say, Brathwaite 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
  • Options
    Appalling umpiring so far.
  • Options
    Not sold on this so far. Seems too American , which is never a good thing. Never
  • Options
    The old football cliché of sitting in front of a novice who continually asks the group they're with what colour shirts 'their team' is wearing.

I should imagine 95% of the Oval crowd are asking that tonight!
    Non allegiance sport is the worst type of sport imo.

Good excuse for a piss up this and that's about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm just treating it like watching any of these franchise tournaments , it's decent entertainment with some of the players on show. Don't really have an allegence to any of the teams . 
  • Options
    BTEC T20 
  • Options
    We had the same hype during the World Cup during the games played at Wembley and Hampden about the "amazing atmosphere"
  • Options
    The old football cliché of sitting in front of a novice who continually asks the group they're with what colour shirts 'their team' is wearing.

What?
    I happily & proudly say that it was a 50/50 split when I took the work group to the Oval of those who loved cricket & those who had never watched it & only came along for the craic.
    Of those 50% who hadn’t been before, I regularly get updates from them now attending cricket grounds across the country.
    My bestie being one of them.
    Shes a huge Glamorgan fan now.

I find it very easy to believe someone being introduced to cricket by going to the Oval very quickly becoming a Glamorgan fan. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    iainment said:
    Cricket is changing. 
    Who cares. 
    I do. 
    Why? 
    Are you enjoying it though?
    Not watching.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

What?
    I happily & proudly say that it was a 50/50 split when I took the work group to the Oval of those who loved cricket & those who had never watched it & only came along for the craic.
    Of those 50% who hadn’t been before, I regularly get updates from them now attending cricket grounds across the country.
    My bestie being one of them.
    Shes a huge Glamorgan fan now.

I find it very easy to believe someone being introduced to cricket by going to the Oval very quickly becoming a Glamorgan fan. 
    She lives in Cardiff Bay.
    Shes sports mad.
    City s/t holder, goes to see the Blues when she can & now Glamorgan.
    Just as well she retired, she couldn’t fit work around all that 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Appalling umpiring so far.
    and again.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Is the green and pink the same for every game?  Makes it slightly confusing when one team's graphics are then green based on their kit?

So Buttler and Munro are listed in green bit the bowling side are in green etc.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This 50 over nonsense will never catch on....

A crowd full of sunburnt Gammons - exactly what The Hundred is rightly there to crush. No sport worth its salt values or needs legacy fans. 
    What is a Gammon ?  Why not say what you mean..before  say anything I an not keen on this Hundred, especially as Phil Tufnell was trying to push it as wonderful without seeing it. 
    Have you seen the Hundred?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really thought about this new competition & was against it originally. Just put on BBC2 & trying to get my head around it all.

How many balls in an over.... .10 ? If so, wont the bowler get "over bowled"  ??

Also I see there is still a power play - but for 25 balls rather than 30 in a T20 match. Not much difference really is there?

Not too bothered about the graphics - one thing at least they are bold & colourful and easy to read.

Cant see why the ECB bothered really. If you are going to change something at least make some major changes. I remember when T20 was first mooted & they were talking about having the batting side face just 10 overs, then change over & the bowling side go in for 10, then swap again etc etc. 
  • Options
    Not really thought about this new competition & was against it originally. Just put on BBC2 & trying to get my head around it all.

How many balls in an over.... .10 ? If so, wont the bowler get "over bowled"  ??

Also I see there is still a power play - but for 25 balls rather than 30 in a T20 match. Not much difference really is there?

Not too bothered about the graphics - one thing at least they are bold & colourful and easy to read.

Cant see why the ECB bothered really. If you are going to change something at least make some major changes. I remember when T20 was first mooted & they were talking about having the batting side face just 10 overs, then change over & the bowling side go in for 10, then swap again etc etc. 
    5 an over but they can bowl 2 consecutively.
  • Options
    I have watched most, not all, of both games so far and I have no idea why a completely new format was needed.

The good bits are just good cricket and the bad bits are the format. 
  • Options
    Having not been watching from the start in also not sure if "Wkts" on the right means they are 4 down or 6 down?
  • Options
    Watched up to when Billings fell over and was given out for some reason and reviewed. 

It just seemed like a T20 to me. I don’t think there is enough separation between the two formats. 
  • Options
    Player cams are decent.
  • Options
    The runs needed and balls left graphic works much better in the second innings. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Watched up to when Billings fell over and was given out for some reason and reviewed. 

It just seemed like a T20 to me. I don’t think there is enough separation between the two formats. 
    Exactly. 

20 overs of 5 balls or 20 overs of 6 balls. Seems like the change was done just to help those whose maths isnt too bright. 

• Options
    I’m enjoying it. Really don’t see the harm in it or why anyone would be so annoyed about it. 

The kids are loving it! 
  • Options
    I’m enjoying it. Really don’t see the harm in it or why anyone would be so annoyed about it. 

The kids are loving it! 
    What are they liking that is different to t20?