Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kishishev appreciation thread

Comments

• "Gus Poyet tonight revealed he is strongly considering making an offer to trialist midfielder Radostin Kishishev.

The 35-year-old former Charlton and Leicester midfielder showed his class during the first half of Albion's 1-0 friendly win at Burgess Hill Town this afternoon.

The Bulgarian has been training with the squad since the start of pre-season, and Poyet is convinced the veteran can add valuable experience to the Albion midfield.

Poyet said, "Kishichev, as you saw today, is an outstanding player.

"He knows the game, and understands the game. He knows what is needed to play in different positions, and he brings in a lot of experience.

"It's down to the chairman, but we are going to try and have a talk with him and offer him a contract. He can be a key player for us in the future."

Also, Scoham mentioned in a previous post that Brighton had signed 2 young Argentinians.

How did they get work permits ...??
  • My mate a Brighton fan said they haven't got international clearance yet, so couldn't play today. That's something different isn't it?
  • Chirpy Red you must be joking.

He gave 100% every game. Not the most gifted but was one of the hardest working players we've had in years. He was a legend.

He left and was replaced by Amdy Faye.

Would you like to re-think your worst player in top flight football comment now that I have mentioned Faye, let alone Marcus Bent.

We need a right back, Parky bring him home.
  • Bring him back Parky! Bring him back and make him captain!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Nice photo of Gus Poyet and Gerry Marsden.

Kish, without a doubt, the worst footballer I have ever seen in the top flight of English football.

Clueless.
  • One of the main problems in recent years has been the lack of continuity and number of changes made to the playing side over a short period of time.
    Bringing back someone like Kish or Chrissy Powell would not only have a great effect on the younger players, it would also give the fans a lift and be a link back to the glory days. If he is still capable of doing a good job, even as cover, I'd love to get him back
  • look, kish was no viera or keane but he always gave 200% on the pitch a propper charlton curbs signing and I loved him for that.

As for mogs pic..... looks like a bad blues brothers tribute act.
  • Kish was always one to make a wayward pass or two and on occasions would have an absolute stinker of a game but he cared about the club and about the fans way more than most of the dross we've had in the last five years or so .

To say he's the worst player ever to play in the premier is total and utter rubbish
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]look, kish was no viera or keane but he always gave 200% on the pitch a propper charlton curbs signing and I loved him for that.

As for mogs pic..... looks like a bad blues brothers tribute act.

"Everybody, needs somebody.......
    Even a Kish......!"
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Kish was always one to make a wayward pass or two and on occasions would have an absolute stinker of a game but he cared about the club and about the fans way more than most of the dross we've had in the last five years or so .

To say he's the worst player ever to play in the premier is total and utter rubbish

Totally agree. Well said.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    What I loved most about Kish, apart from his constant deliberate clattering of the greaseball, was the great sense of anticipation as the ball came down to him outside the box as he was shaping to volley. Out of the ground, or merely row ZZ - who knew where the ball would end up?
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]but he always gave 200% on the pitch

Kish gave 200% ....?

Wow, that's 100% more than any player I've seen give......!!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]What I loved most about Kish, apart from his constant deliberate clattering of the greaseball, was the great sense of anticipation as the ball came down to him outside the box as he was shaping to volley. Out of the ground, or merely row ZZ - who knew where the ball would end up?

He did score against West Ham. Sweet!
  • Radostin Kishishev has earned a one-year deal with Brighton after impressing during a trial spell this summer.

The 35-year-old has played nearly 250 senior games in English football with Charlton, Leeds and Leicester and was released by the latter in January 2009.

Seagulls boss Gus Poyet told the club's official website: "He may be pushing 36, but he is an excellent professional, and has kept himself in superb shape throughout his career - and that is why he still has a lot to offer."

He added: "His quality is obvious, there is no doubt about that, but we had to be sure about his fitness - but he has proved that age is no barrier.

"That experience and quality will bring a lot to the team, and will also help our younger players in their development."

The Bulgaria international, who has won 88 caps for his country, then returned to his native homeland to play for Litex Lovech but after just one season there has opted to move back to England.
  • Missed out there.
  • Good luck to him but we didn't need him.
  • rad-aah-stan kish-ee-shev
  • 100% is the bare minimum I would expect to get from a professional footballer.

Kish was OK but not what CAFC need now sorry.
  • I agree we don't need him now. I'd rather have Dailly

I was worried last year when Burton was paired with Forster we were pushing our luck with vets.
  • Hope he gets a great reception when he returns to the Valley with Brighton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just joined brighton after impressing on trail
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Hope he gets a great reception when he returns to the Valley with Brighton.

bloody hope so! ! boo boys shut up!!!!!! the due was a ledg...
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Hope he gets a great reception when he returns to the Valley with Brighton.

No need to hope - 100% guaranteed that 'Headless' will get a great reception.
  • Will give him a clap when we play Brighton. Loved his effort.
  • Starts for Brighton today live on SS1
  • Great to see Kish playing again. But my god, the standard of football is dire. We can't possibly be worse than these two teams can we?
  • yeah...

just watching him too... triffic little dink in the box, but the attacker didnt header it...

oh Brighton 1 up..
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Great to see Kish playing again. But my god, the standard of football is dire. We can't possibly be worse than these two teams can we?
    That's kind of the point I made at half time about the MK Dons JPT game. We're not great, but neither is anyone else.
  • edited October 2010
    There's an absolute shambles going on now. Penalty to bournemouth. Ref gave a free kick, both players' hands went up in the D, lino gave a pen! The ref changed his mind after his view from 5 yards away when the linesman was 30 and looking down the wrong line.

1-1
  • Good result for us if we can win today.