Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kishishev appreciation thread

Comments

• I well remember the game at home to a flourishing Everton team a couple of years ago. He marked Gravesen out of the game totally, allowing us to win 1-0. He made the odd mistake but was a whole hearted pro. Good luck Kish & thanks!!
  • Good luck Kish.

Always played with a smile on his face. Playing just behind Smertin and Murphy 05/06 season was where we saw the best of him. He leaves at the right time.

Will get a clap from me next season.
  • Top man Kish. Thanks for your years of service, your courage and professionalism.
  • Only a few of us witnessed that 30 yarder in China.

Great pro, underrated by many who only remember the mistakes and not what he created.
  • Cheers Kish - you always gave everything
  • Great Pro and nice bloke. Meet him a few times and he always had time for fans. Did a Q & A on his own once despite his English not being the best.

Gave 100% and while you can't say more than that I think he was a better player than he was often given credit for. Never hid and yes he made mistakes but that was because he was on the ball so often.

One of those players who will be more and more fondly remembered as the years roll past.

Standing ovation from me at the Walkers and at the Valley.
  • Top man, 100% committed and a model pro.

Sorry to see him go, good luck to him.
  • The biggest heart in a red shirt since John Robinson, thanks Kish.
  • Cheers Kish - we'll miss your dinky-chips
  • I do not think I have seen a player modify his game so much for the benefit of the team. I always remember his measured 1st time pass leading to a goal in the 5-0 drubbing of Man C but over the years he focused on the defensive side of the game to develop into a tenacious, hard working player prepared to do the ugly stuff for the side. It must have been tough for him to look at supposedly better players brought in to improve the side who contributed far, far less. Pardew feels, as did AC & Dowie , he can find better. I hope so as I feel KIshishev will do very well at a Championship level. I wish him the very best.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I had a cap, I'd doff it. Good luck to him at Leicester.
  • Good luck to the man and I look forward to seeing him again down at the Valley.
  • My thoughts here: http://www.chicagoaddick.blogspot.com/
  • Shame he didn't have Mortimer's class 'cos then he would have been some player.

But we have seen many worse players try far less over the years. An excellent pro.
  • 100% from Kish was like 200% from some of the others which means the others only gave 50% which is a disgrace. Or am I talking blox
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]100% from Kish was like 200% from some of the others which means the others only gave 50% which is a disgrace. Or am I talking blox
    No. Thats spot on
  • Most has been said.
    An outstanding Charltonesque player.
    A dying breed.

I have always and will always cheer you Rado.

But now I'll have to find another reason to row with the two spotty oiks who continued to slag you off at every opportunity, yet never sung or got behind the rest of the team. Deciding to bang their seats in time with the 'Red Army' chant instead.

I'll raise a pint of Pride to you Rado at the earliest opportunity!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Cult Hero is how i'd describe him.

In my opinion he goes in the Leaburn bracket

thats actually quite right i think...

good luck rad...
  • Agree he always gave 110%....not the greatest player I have seen at the Valley but good luck to him.....
  • I can't seem to remember a Kish song.
    I suppose 'There's only one Radostan Kishishev, one Radostan Kishishev.....', was a bit of a mouthful?

Cheers, Kish - thanks for sacrificing your own talents and putting the team performance first.
  • Sponsored links:

• could easily have sung his name to the Paulo di Canio tune - shame we never did.
    Perhaps if he managed to score in the last few years!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I can't seem to remember a Kish song.
    I suppose 'There's only one Radostan Kishishev, one Radostan Kishishev.....', was a bit of a mouthful?

Cheers, Kish - thanks for sacrificing your own talents and putting the team performance first.

"He's here he's there he's every f****** where Kishishev, Kishishev" got an airing where I sit from time to time.
  • imo gave his all, played with his heart but had very limited footballing ability and was a stopper not a player
  • One of my all time favourite players and totally under-estimated by many fans. After he was booed by sections of fans a while back, I e-mailed the club with a message of support. Richard Hunt (Prague Addick), supplied an email address of a mutual friend of his and many of us on the Charlton Discussion list sent messages of support and appreciation. I voted for him as player of the year two seasons ago. What a fantastic servant of our club he has been, never giving less than his "all" for the cause.

I wish him all the best for the future.
  • Len - have you been feeding information the the Bulgarian press?!
    http://www.sofiaecho.com/article/ivelin-popov-wanted-in-england-reports/id_31935/catid_71 (scroll)

"The homeland of football, England was a distant rainy island that was considered to be inhospitable, unattainable and totally irrelevant for the Bulgarian football school. Until Radostin Kishishev became a legend at Charlton and the Valley faithful's anthem "Ra-ra-radostin, lover of the Russian Queen" echoed around football terraces across the Island."
  • Salad, just seen your " Kishy Stardust " masterpiece for the 1st time.
    Absolutely Brilliant geezer !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]"Ra-ra-radostin, lover of the Russian Queen" echoed around football terraces across the Island."

Did it really? I must have missed that in the East Stand.
  • I never realsied how good he was till he left you saw how much we struggled he and smetin in the centre of mid was quality
  • but he lost his touch to the end!
  • Apparently well past his best now, struggling to get in the Leicester team in League One.