Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kishishev appreciation thread

Comments

• never the most talented , but i loved him ran his nuts off .
  • Underated by some,but ALWAYS gave 100%. Another full back converted to midfield by Curbs. Perhaps not the greatest,but definitely one of the greatest tryers.
  • Loved him. Not as much as Len, obviously, but loved him all the same.

What ever happened to that appreciation feedback thread thing? Weren't someone supposed to be feeding stuff back to him?
  • Richard Hunt (Prague Addick) knew the bloke who recommended that we buy him and was still mates with Kish. After the disgraceful booing of him, a number of us e mailed the bloke with goodwill messages to pass on to him. I believe they reached him. He was one of my favourite players - boy did he work hard and we could do with him now (when he was on the top of his game).
  • cheers Bing. Nice to know those heartfelt messages of support got through. Proper Charlton he was - none of this glory boy arab import ting!
    ;o)
  • My favorite player since Keith Jones
  • http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2079977,00.html

Kishishev training with Brighton.

They've also signed two young Argentinian midfielders.
  • I loved that guy , one of the hardest working players we've had in years.

Not technically the most gifted but always gave his all - if he played against us he should get a great reception
  • i wish poyet was our boss ;-(
  • edited June 2010
    won the Bulgarian league this year playing alongside a certain S. Todorov.

One of my faves at the time. Gotta be past it now tho....
  • Sponsored links:

• Rate Poyet big time.

Come home to Bromley and Charlton Kish.
  • Absolute legend. If he is fit we should get him back
  • Len Glover hasn't seen this yet, he'll be beside himself.
  • Sign him up! Legend simples

That is all!
  • I'd have him back in a heart beat.

We need players like him. A true Charlton legend.
  • Agree with all above. Come home Kish!
  • Kish was such an underrated player. I always thought he was a major asset to the team - a real Curbs type player. It used to piss me off no end the amount of undeserved stick he got. As others have said in other threads, there's always a scapegoat in any team.

Bizarrely we had a fruity Bulgatian woman working in the staff restaurant a couple of years ago. I dropped in a line about having a player from Bulgaria called Radostin Kishishev playing for my team and the effect was like giving her an instant aphrodisiac! She gtasped me to her very ample bosom and then started to kiss me! Thanks Kish!
  • The Bulgarian Beckham
  • Not a prem player but always put a shift in. I seem to remember when Manure came down Curbs put Kish on Ronaldo, everytime Ronaldo got the ball Kish hit him hard, he did this 4 maybe 5 times until he got booked, Curbs then put Scotty Parker on Ronaldo who did the same, Ronaldo was very quiet that game.

Reckon Kish could do it at this level!
  • We should be looking at him - I feel sure that if he's fit he could do a job for us and he knows and likes the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]We should be looking at him - I feel sure that if he's fit he could do a job for us and he knows and likes the club.
    Hopefully Richardson and Semedo stay, so I don't see where he'd fit in now.
  • Was a great servant but thought his legs had gone when he left us.
    Am certain they have not got better in the intervening years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]We should be looking at him - I feel sure that if he's fit he could do a job for us and he knows and likes the club.
    Hopefully Richardson and Semedo stay, so I don't see where he'd fit in now.

Will they though?
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Was a great servant but thought his legs had gone when he left us.
    Am certain they have not got better in the intervening years.

We're in League 1 now.
  • The stick he got from some quarters in the Premier years used to annoy me tremendously, for me he was a superb servant to the club, a real grafter who never gave anything than his best, would welcome him back anytime. Kish I love you!
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Will they though?
    If not I'd still like to replace them with someone younger, fitter and quicker. Just like th way Parky signed Richardson over Murty and when available picked Semedo over Holland.
  • As referred to above by others above I loved the bloke in a manly kind of way!

However whilst heart says Kish please come back head says no.

This league is about desire and commitment, Kish's strengths for sure, but at 36 his legs may not take him where his brain tells them to go. Different for Dailly in the "cigar" position at the back watching it all unfold.

Some of our fans are ignorant enough in slating players. I'd hate Kish to receive unwarranted abuse simply for being 36 years old and unable, NOT I stress unwilling, to do what he once did so well.
  • Sign him up! Bring back Kish!
  • edited June 2010
    Nice photo of Gus Poyet and Gerry Marsden.

Kish, without a doubt, the worst footballer I have ever seen in the top flight of English football.
  • http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2089164,00.html
    Looks like he did well for Brighton today and they might offer him a contract.