Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Old Skool Dinners

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pringle said:
    Birdseye potato waffles.  
    They're Waffley versatile.

• Options
    Pop tarts with butter on
  • Options
    Lancashire hot pot

Indeed a few of these regional dishes are worth a try, e.g haggis, or scouse
    Pan haggerty.
    think it’s a northern dish with layers of potatoes, cheese and onions. Used to have it with layers of streaky bacon as well but not sure if that is traditional.
    I always wondered what happened to Paul Bacon. I hope he tasted good
  • Options
    Fish Fingers, Beans & Chips 
  • Options
    Don’t get this bean love, the above but with peas is great with beans I’d struggle. 
  • Options
    Sausage, chips and beans is the dinner of champions 
  • Options
    Baked beans are f’ing rank!

• Options
    I only like beans when they have been over cooked and go all congealed in the pan 
  • Options
    Mum's homemade chips with 2 boil in the bags of Cod in butter sauce all over the top! 2 slices of buttered thick white to mop up!
  • Options
    Beef stew and dumplings.

toad in the hole, mash and gravy.
    Toad in the hole. Classic
    I love sausages and I love batter pudding but I'm not a fan of toad in the hole.  Somehow the combination just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, my contribution is, having had batter pudding with Sunday lunch, having the left-over pudding, heated up, then jam put on it for tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We used to have left over Yorkshires with sugar for tea
  • Options
    Someone gets it.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Pork Chop, chips and Beans, round my Nan's flat on a Tuesday while watching Ask the Family or Screen Test

I some times have it as a grown up, but it tastes different without Robert Robertson or Michael Rodd in the background    
    Very inconsistent dining times. Ask The Family was on at 7pm after Nationwide whilst Screen Test was after John Cravens Newsround around 5:10pm. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    I'm a massive fan of Shepherds Pie as it appears are many on here. But do you really make Shepherds Pie? Or are you actually serving Cottage Pie? Shepherds pie is made with lamb, usually minced and Cottage Pie with beef and again usually minced. I must admit I use minced beef but still call it Shepherd's Pie. I have used minced lamb but really find it too fatty for such a dish.
    I normally buy a massive leg of lamb for Sunday and then use the leftovers for a real Cottage Pie - works great!
    But that would be Shepherds Pie! 
  • Options
    And why not? Batter pudding is the same recipe as pancakes. 
  • Options
    Swap the beans for a fried egg and I’m with you.
  • Options
    I didn't know these existed?

Left over? That's a crime!