Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Old Skool Dinners

Comments

• Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
    Spam and spam .
  • Baked beans are for kids .
    Never to be served on a grown-up s dinner 
  • I love baked beans 
  • WE’RE NOT TALKING SCHOOL DINNERS 
    Thank god for that... Would be a bit concerned if someone of your age was going into schools for dinner
  • Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam
    Spam and spam .
    Spam fritters,chips and beans...oh yes.

• edited February 2019
    Tinned meatballs and mash
    Findus crispy pancakes

Stuff of athletes
  • edited February 2019
    Smiley faces and chicken nuggets/dippers. Maybe some beans. Wouldn't mind that for dinner now instead of this adult nonsense the missus does for me.
    I love beans on toast but they shouldn’t be served with any other meal, including cooked breakfasts. Nothing worse than getting bean juice on your fried eggs.
  • Birdseye potato waffles.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Banger and mash with a fennel infused jus ..... oops....
  • Beans on toast 
  • I buy these Steak and Kidney puddings from Smithfield market. They are to die for.

Dollop of mash and peas or beans.
    Jubbly

• Faggots, pease pudding and mushy peas.
  • Had kedgeree tonight, which I'm pleased to see is a several hundred year old dish.

Back to school dinners, anyone remember choppies? Orange breadcrumbed lamb burgers. Lush with ketchup
  • Lancashire hot pot

Indeed a few of these regional dishes are worth a try, e.g haggis, or scouse
  • edited February 2019
    Bacon & onion roly-poly, cabbage, mash and parsley sauce
    Faggots wrapped in caul, mash and onion gravy

Gooseberry crumble and custard
    Bakewell tart and cream
  • Liver and bacon
    With mash peas and gravy ? Or something else ?
  • Liver and bacon

Spam Fritter chips and beans

Lancashire hot pot

Toad in the hole
  • Sponsored links:

• Stuffed lambs hearts, mash, cauliflower, peas and gravy
    Fray Bentos S&K pie, home made chips and peas.

• Cauliflower cheese, roast or saute potatos, carrots and peas and maybe a roast onion.
    I love beans on toast but they shouldn’t be served with any other meal, including cooked breakfasts. Nothing worse than getting bean juice on your fried eggs.
    You need to use the sausage as a breakwater 😉
  • iainment said:
    Cauliflower cheese, roast or saute potatos, carrots and peas and maybe a roast onion.
    You forgot the meat! 
  • edited February 2019
    If it was like my schooldinners, Grey Meat with tubes in, mashed potato either with cheese in or lumps, warm beetroot. Pudding always included custard with skin (sometimes chocolate) and some form of sponge, or if You was really unlucky bread and butter pudding (I can feel the vomit rising as I type). And you werent allowed to leave any.
  • Boiled potatoes, cabbage and mince 
    cod in sauce often with the same booked potatoes and vegetables 
    Cottage pie 
    Spaghetti Bolognese 
    Faggots and mash 
    Sausage and mash 

My dinner when wifey was away last week was waffles, chicken nuggets and a tin of baked beans one night. All of the stuff had been in the freezer for ages so I was doing us both a favour really 
  • Really not sure about baked beans...
  • Bangers and Mash and onion gravy

Shepherds pie and peas

Minted lamb chops

Beef stew and dumplings

Chicken and pearl barley stew

Mince and potatoes (thinly sliced potatoes layered on top of mince and finished in the oven so they went crispy, we called them flat roasties)

Stroganoff
  • I'm a massive fan of Shepherds Pie as it appears are many on here. But do you really make Shepherds Pie? Or are you actually serving Cottage Pie? Shepherds pie is made with lamb, usually minced and Cottage Pie with beef and again usually minced. I must admit I use minced beef but still call it Shepherd's Pie. I have used minced lamb but really find it too fatty for such a dish.
  • Fish in parsley sauce 

burger (no bun) chips and beans 

bacon pud and beans 

Toad in hole with beans