Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    Yhe, good luck to him and hope to see him back soon. The Ramsey situation at the Jags is intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded by this time next year. 
    Why would we trade him? Assuming Telvin isn't playing this year, we're saving $13m in cap. That can then roll over to next year, and with the cap increase and other savings (cutting possibly Dareus, for instance), we'll have plenty of room to pay at least him and Ngakoue.

He's possibly the best corner in the NFL and I have little doubt we will pull out all the stops to retain him.
    The Cowboys were very close to picking Ramsey over Zeke but decided to take the skill position. I believe you guys were always going to pick the guy that the Cowboys didn’t take. The top five in that class are all incredibly gifted players.

My question is: would you swap Ramsey and Fournette for Zeke and Lattimore (first CB taken in 2017) knowing what we know now about them and their NFL careers to date?
  • Options
    Zeke all day for me.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Yhe, good luck to him and hope to see him back soon. The Ramsey situation at the Jags is intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded by this time next year. 
    Why would we trade him? Assuming Telvin isn't playing this year, we're saving $13m in cap. That can then roll over to next year, and with the cap increase and other savings (cutting possibly Dareus, for instance), we'll have plenty of room to pay at least him and Ngakoue.

He's possibly the best corner in the NFL and I have little doubt we will pull out all the stops to retain him.
    The Cowboys were very close to picking Ramsey over Zeke but decided to take the skill position. I believe you guys were always going to pick the guy that the Cowboys didn’t take. The top five in that class are all incredibly gifted players.

My question is: would you swap Ramsey and Fournette for Zeke and Lattimore (first CB taken in 2017) knowing what we know now about them and their NFL careers to date?
    Would I like money or money, basically. 

I actually rate Ramsey that bit higher than Lattimore, and while Zeke is unquestionably better than Fournette, I think RB is a much easier to replace position.

Given a wider footballing context (we can probably find a serviceable RB to replace Fournette if necessary), then no, because Ramsey's a better all round corner.

But in a vacuum then on balance, probably.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Would I like money or money, basically. 

I actually rate Ramsey that bit higher than Lattimore, and while Zeke is unquestionably better than Fournette, I think RB is a much easier to replace position.

Given a wider footballing context (we can probably find a serviceable RB to replace Fournette if necessary), then no, because Ramsey's a better all round corner.

But in a vacuum then on balance, probably.
    I think you drafted him - Armstead.
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers was briefly in tonight's Game of Thrones. Not kidding. That's him, third from right.

• Options
    Did he try to direct the scene? 
  • Options
    So...New York Jets at it again,

Mike Maccagnan fired, Adam Gase interim GM. First act is to ship out Darron Lee to the Chiefs. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-maccagnan-firing-among-most-confusing-new-york-jets-decisions-in-recent-memory/
  • Options
    Why not fire him before the draft ?
  • Options
    So...New York Jets at it again,

Mike Maccagnan fired, Adam Gase interim GM. First act is to ship out Darron Lee to the Chiefs. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-maccagnan-firing-among-most-confusing-new-york-jets-decisions-in-recent-memory/
    Whenever you fire a GM you have problems. It's not the worst move to do it now, as it gives the incoming GM time to assess the squad and holes. Doing it before the draft runs the risk of recruiting the wrong fit for the team.

Then again, a new GM now is left with lots of cash sunk into guys left behind by the previous guy.

Gase as interim makes some form of sense to be honest. Darron Lee, too:

This is exactly what Lee was always going to go for, Jets have wanted to get rid of him and he was never in future plans and that has been very obvious. Great deal for the Chiefs taking a chance for a 6th rounder but this isn't some crazy Gase move coming out of nowhere at all.

Some other guy then said:

Thanks for the rational reaction. We signed Avery Williamson last year, we signed CJ this year, we drafted an ILB in the 5th this year and our depth guys last year weren't awful. Lee was always a goner.

So not total crap but it looks absolutely ridiculous lol
  • Options
    J-E-S-T

Don’t try to rationalize it. It’s the Jets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else renewed for Wembley this year? Looking forward to wearing my Browns shirt smugly (for once) at the Bengals/Rams game (sorry @Bigbadbozman). I have a trip to Cleveland brewing for late November to watch the Dolphins freeze in the First Energy Stadium (proviso being us playing Millwall that weekend).    
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Renewed for Wembley, God knows what the chances of getting tickets at WHL are, has been handled appallingly.

Going to DC in November and have tickets to the Redskins (think they’re playing the Jets).
  • Options
    Got four Wembley season tickets! Excited to see Bengals-Rams but of course the key one for me is Texans-Jags as a divisional matchup.

One of the STs we've bought is "spare" but enough people would be keen to attend, so just a matter of figuring out which friends get the tickets and how. I might even sacrifice the Bengals-Rams game myself but we'll see.
  • Options
    Did everyone that wanted them manage to get tickets for the games at Spurs? Managed to get 3 x season tickets but looking at Twitter the whole process seems to have been a shambles, hope it didn’t impact anyone here.
  • Options
    No joy getting Spurs tickets despite being logged in early. They seemed to sell out within an hour. Note single tickets at Spurs go on sale 27th June
  • Options
    I'll ensure to keep posts about fantasy to a minimum on this thread, but are we going to run it again? Who was the commissioner?
  • Options
    I wish Jason Pearce would turn up to training like Jalen Ramsey. 

• Options
    in other news Williams the 1st rnd pick for Cincy is out for the year - how predictable
  • Options
    Saw that. Ouch. Bengals just don't get the luck with lineman do they. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Linemen & 1st rounders, the last time we had our 1st rounder play the whole season was Dennard in 2014!!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I'll ensure to keep posts about fantasy to a minimum on this thread, but are we going to run it again? Who was the commissioner?
    I think it’s been set up already 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    I think it’s been set up already 
    It just carries over but it needs someone to commish it and set the draft etc. 
  • Options
    Linemen & 1st rounders, the last time we had our 1st rounder play the whole season was Dennard in 2014!!
    John Ross breakout year?
  • Options
    I honestly thought he would last year, hopefully with a new coaching team it will be. Green, Boyd, Eifert, Mixon and Ross, if they can stay healthy and play to their potential it’s a frightening skill set.
  • Options
    This is make or break for him. New creative OC who will play with 3 WR sets. Big opportunity for Ross this year. Could be a huge year for Mixon.
  • Options
    This is make or break for him. New creative OC who will play with 3 WR sets. Big opportunity for Ross this year. Could be a huge year for Mixon.
    He led the AFC in rushing last year, I suspect he will be there or thereabouts this season. Really gutted Williams is injured that was a big blow to our plans offensively. To be honest though i’m more concerned about our D, especially LB. I do expect Burfict to have a monster season with the Raiders but I can see why we let him go
  • Options
    He led the AFC in rushing last year, I suspect he will be there or thereabouts this season. Really gutted Williams is injured that was a big blow to our plans offensively. To be honest though i’m more concerned about our D, especially LB. I do expect Burfict to have a monster season with the Raiders but I can see why we let him go
    I was really impressed with the D in the first Ravens Bengals game last year, especially Hubbard. 
  • Options
    Are the preseason games shown on Sky? If is there a way to watch them in the uk?