Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    Watching his press conference was pretty tough. There's no question that deep down, he still loves football - but going through the constant pain and rehab sounds like too much, even with several more millions of dollars he could earn.

A great QB and while we're fortunate that our division is now incredibly open again, that's a much more secondary thought to wishing Andrew Luck well - a fantastic competitor who was a joy to watch.
  • Options
    He’s clearly struggling a lot at the minute and just can’t take any more punishment. Apparently he wants to travel the world and live his life, good for him. Made a good amount of money and now gets to spend years with his wife before he even needs to think about stepping in to commentary etc. It’s a shame the league has lost one of its best QBs at such a young age (for the position) but the human side has to come first. 
  • Options
    Vikings waiving Vedvik weeks after giving up a 5th for him. Also getting rid of Sloter who’s been by far our best QB through preseason, very bad start to the year. Think it needs to be a strong one or Zimmer and Spielman will be on thin ice. 
  • Options
    Seahawks get Clowney in trade. Nice acquisition.
  • Options
    Fantasy league draft is tonight just a reminder
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Classy fans!!!

"It's the hardest decision of my life - but it is the right decision for me.

"For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab. It's been unceasing, unrelenting, both in-season and off-season - and I felt stuck in it.

"The only way I see out is to no longer play football."

Great player. 

Sick of this slagging off of Colts fans. It was announced that week that Andrew was due to warm up with the team before the Bears game, that was a huge boost of confidence because it meant he would be real close to playing the week after. The announcement of his retirement was not supposed to be made until the weekend after, however certain people on the inside couldnt keep their mouths shut and the cat got let out the bag, therefore it got announced during the game at the worst possible time. 

Every Colt fan absolutely adored Andrew Luck and this decision is absolutely the right one for him as sad as it makes me. For 8 years, we were behind him and supported him through his injury riddled seasons. I dont agree that the fans booed him off, but the way the announcement was handled was an absolute joke. We were due to be contenders this year and now we will be in deep trouble. The emotions in that moment with the realization setting in and the pure shock, what else can you be but angry? 

Classless fans? Do one mate
  • Options
    I get they were gutted and the leak was not good, but to boo him when he face was on the screens in the ground - well out of order. 
  • Options
    I bet if you spoke to every fan who booed a day or two later 80% would tell you they feel bad for booing. Sports are emotive, it was during a game, and most fans had probably had a few beers, they were basically being old their season was over, ten days before it started. Add in the mob effect and once a small group starts booing you get people joining in, because there isn't a simpler way to express how you feel.

A few days later you can express that you are annoyed at the way his retirement was announced and the timing of it, but still be greatful for everything hes done for your team.
    How would Charlton fans have felt if news reports leaked that Taylor  was retiring in the middle of the last game before the transfer deadline. As it was he was getting tonnes of abuse for nearly joining Brentford. Sure that doesn't represent all fans, but neither does some booing at a game.
  • Options
    ZEKE SIGNS!

Go Cowboys go!
  • Options
    Here we go then... kicking off tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait for our shiny new QB to unfurl his magnum dong all over the league.
  • Options
    Excited. Think we’re better than the Packers again this year but they are our bogey side

Fully expect Montgomery to announce himself to the NFL tonight in style.
  • Options
    I’m not sure if it’s going to be straight Thursday Night Football.

They might do Sunday Night Football on Thursday like they have in previous years...
  • Options
    As a Browns fan, I have an unusual sense of excitement for this season!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Excited. Think we’re better than the Packers again this year but they are our bogey side

Fully expect Montgomery to announce himself to the NFL tonight in style.
    Hope not - want Cohen to get more touches !!
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    I reckon they will under-perform after finally being touted to have a good season.
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    I'm going to be in Cleveland for the games against the Bills and Steelers. Been planning this for a few years, visiting my Browns season ticket holding buddy. I'm a little disappointed that they will be good, losing was part of the expected experience! Not many fan bases that have endured as much losing as Cleveland NFL fans in recent years.
    Philadelphia Phillies fans of course hold the record for enduring defeat, approaching 11,000 losses in their 137 season history.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thoughts and Prayers for anyone that drafted him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eddickted said:
    I’m a Giants fan. I have no expectations.
    I’ve added you to the list  :)

@Comeonyoureds do you support a team? I can add you too
  • Options
    Just getting into to American football having worked my way through 2 series of Last Chance U on Netflix.

Where are games shown on UK and what is best way to keep up with it all and follow it?

Is it all BT/ sky sports or anything on other channels?
  • Options
    Just getting into to American football having worked my way through 2 series of Last Chance U on Netflix.

Where are games shown on UK and what is best way to keep up with it all and follow it?

Sky Sports.

However get yourself an NFL Game Pass and see every game your team plays all season - live or as live!
  • Options
    Sky sports is only way I watch it @RodneyCharltonTrotta only just got into it myself and not bothered enough to explore any other avenues yet!
  • Options
    Thanks gents
  • Options

If you liked Last Chance U, try finding a place to watch Hard Knocks.

They pick a different NFL team each year and follow them through their pre season training schedule, the most recent series with the Oakland Raiders just finished this week.
  • Options

If you liked Last Chance U, try finding a place to watch Hard Knocks.

They pick a different NFL team each year and follow them through their pre season training schedule, the most recent series with the Oakland Raiders just finished this week.
    Just looked it up. Apparently they show it on Sky Sports Action. You’ll probably be able to go in there and see the previous episodes too. The Raiders one was five hour long episodes.

It’s done by HBO so it’s really good quality stuff.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Staying up for this one. If we lose because Pineiro can’t kick I’m going to cry.