Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Watch him score for our u23s in 2016 during his failed trial.

https://youtu.be/c-4MPFWyESo
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Leuth said:

I'll say for Parker - he has balls.

As a black Englishman, choosing to play for the most notoriously nationalistic team in one of the world's most racist countries that also happened to have the shit bombed out of it by the English only 25 years ago...I mean, that's a bold move

Gillingham?
    *applause* :D
  • Options
    a player that cannot get into a team in a relegation scrap - fuck me
  • Options
    Its like Groundhog Day, can’t believe people are still getting upset after another Parker transfer in January.
  • Options
    No disrespect to the signing, not his fault. But this is all part of the Duchatelet 'payback master plan'. Forget all the blah blah that some regurgitate about its 'not good business sense' to be so vindictive etc! It's not about business (in football) when it comes to him. It's about a personal vendetta in which there will only be one winner - him!
  • Options
    He seems to want to put the ball in the net rather than hit the target, which Grant did, resulting in a lot of shots straight at the keeper.
    Give him a chance, Bowyer we trust.
  • Options

We can’t have it all ways

We want the Belgian to leave

We want the Belgian to spend money

Ain’t gonna happen is it really

Yeah, let's all just shut up and accept it.

Ain't gonna happen is it really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good variety of goals in this clip including one at the valley, and a surprising amount of headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc87iG6L7t4

some cracking goals there .. spring heels .. if he links up well with Taylor he'll do for us .. reminds me of Calvin Andrew the experienced Rochdale striker
    You can never have enough experienced Rochdale strikers :wink:
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Excited by this - Josh is one of the best Antiguan players I've seen.

Who is the best? Viv Richards?
    Viv did represent Antigua at international level but think his cricket was maybe a bit better.

Our ex player Myles Weston has played for Antigua.

Josh is right up there amongst the greats of Antiguan football.
  • Options
    Guessing the one we really wanted went over budget.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Although we should give the guy a chance! TBF hes looked decent when I've seen him play a few times but he weren't playing striker.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Leuth said:

As a black Englishman, choosing to play for the most notoriously nationalistic team in one of the world's most racist countries that also happened to have the shit bombed out of it by the English only 25 years ago...I mean, that's a bold move

Gillingham?
    Explains why its a shit hole if we bombed our own City ;)
  • Options
    A Gillingham friends take on Parker - sounds like we’ll be having some more matches postponed on international weekends!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

I tried to text my red star supporting mate, as I haven't got one, it wouldn't send.

I have a Red star/Charlton supporting son and you really don't want to know the views of the Belgrade fans. I believe he had a decent spell at the Gills and will be a useful player replacing Ajose.
  • Options

a player that cannot get into a team in a relegation scrap - fuck me

Seems to me there’s been one or two of them at Charlton in recent years that ended up in the PL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Know nothing about him, know very little about the rest of our squad, and next to nothing about everything else.
    Still !!!
    Josh..???
    Thats a name of a midfielder or a cricketer or a Eurovision entry. Not a striker...
    Good striker should be a bit more exotic - piquant - suave erratic and ambiguous.
    Perhaps Dominique, or Max or Gamal, Leonid, Orson perhaps..?
  • Options
    It's understandable we all want to lash out given that the clubs statement of intent was to sign Joe Nobody to replace the 3 that went.
    On reflection and having calmed down I guess that had we managed to get Eisa over the line I would probably be thinking it wasn't too bad a window.
    But we didn't and the promotion push now looks uncertain.
    Maybe,just maybe Gallen and Bows have found us a diamond in the rough - we can but hope.
    Good luck Josh
  • Options
    Can shoot, can score with his head, decently quick and strong. Good luck to him, I hope he takes his chance with us.

Clearly he wasn’t the main target, and the big issue is the fact that Roland wouldn’t re-invest any of the £2m from the sale of Karlan, hence us hanging around waiting for Eisa, like a kid at a disco hoping the girl he fancies doesn’t get off with someone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I am sure Parker was not our first choice,but he is a decent player.Grants goalscoring ratio was diabolical before he teamed up with Taylor,and I am sure Parker will score enough to sway the doubters.With regards the incoming transfer money,this is how clubs survive.Sunderland,Portsmouth supporters have stuck by their clubs through turbulant times,even Crowds at Luton now approach 10000.These clubs could afford to get more people in.It is no good boycotting the club and then moan about selling players to cover the deficit.When we got relegated after our first season in the premier league I think we only sold Danny Mills,our crowds were only 2-3000 down on the premier league attendancies ,the club was able to pay its way.I am not in any way supporting RD but football clubs are a business,and owners dont like losing money(especially if they are hated as much as RD is)

You’re blaming the boycotters for our lack of signings?
  • Options
    Not too disappointed in this signing.

Quick, strong, can finish, good injury record, match fit and raring to go and he's been Gills stand out player for me, from the little I've seen of them on TV.

Really don't know who we were expecting to come in but Bowyer/Gallen are having to cut their cloth because of this cockwomble of an owner of ours.

Welcome Josh and good luck.

• Options
    I like him.
  • Options
    anyone who thought/said we would get any of the transfer budget go and stand in the corner NOW !

Until The Rat goes we trade in the Poundland rejects bucket .The fact that we were 4th until this window reflects just how well Bowyer and his support staff are doing ------ longer term is very bleak .
  • Options

RedMist said:

Leuth said:

Gillingham?
    Explains why its a shit hole if we bombed our own City ;)
    And why they hate the English!