Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

Comments

• Options
    My Gills mate is not very complimentary about Mr Parker...
  • Options
    To me he looks a step up from ajose if we get a loan in for grant I’m happy all things considered.

He scored 10 goals in a struggling team last year in this league.
  • Options
    Puts me in mind of Joe Anyinsah this one - reckon he'll do alright, hopefully a lot less injury prone than Joe was.
  • Options

Wasn’t a few people in here saying which should sign him last season when he had a purple patch for gills?

No :smile:
  • Options

Don’t really know anything about him but logic tells me that Bowyer/ Gallen rate him / have chose him over Ricky Holmes.

Would those unhappy have been happier if we had announced Holmes?

Are you trying to drum up business for the argument alert thread?
  • Options

how about we give him a chance before we start slagging him off ?

Totally agree, Lincs.

As long as his caravan doesn't add to the carpark's potholes.

( Only joking, Josh, honest.)
  • Options

We can’t have it all ways

We want the Belgian to leave

We want the Belgian to spend money

Ain’t gonna happen is it really

What gets me is the people that wish death on him, then question why he doesn't pump his own money in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Gallen feels like Parker has been played out of position at Gillingham. Will give him a fair crack but doesn't exactly scream promotion does it.
  • Options

Be nice though if he actually did one or the other though

At the moment the old bastard is just bleeding us dry and we die a slow death
  • Options

Reminds me of Dany N'guessan in our promotion season

I hope so. N'Guessan had his detractors but he score some really important goals to help get us over the line at the back end of that season. Scored the opener against Yeovil early on on his debut when we hadn't won in three games and were blipping, scored to kill the game against Orient right after we'd lost against Huddersfield, got the sole goal against Walsall the game before the Carlisle match that pushed us over the line and then, yeah, a nothing goal against Preston. If Parker can score the kind of important goals N'Guessan did he'll be a good investment
  • Options

Don’t really know anything about him but logic tells me that Bowyer/ Gallen rate him / have chose him over Ricky Holmes.

No because Ricky isn't fit, that why gobby let him leave Oxford.
  • Options
    Got 32 career club goals. Scored for 3 of his 12 clubs
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    What gets me is the people that wish death on him, then question why he doesn't pump his own money in

thats me, well death might be strong but I do wish huge discomfort on him and do question why he doesnt pump money in.

And the reason why is because I am not asking him to transfer any money into my personal bank account, I am expecting him to support the promotion ambitions of the club he owns, whatever I think of him is irrelevant, and for the record I think hes a wanker.
  • Options

Be nice though if he actually did one or the other though

At the moment the old bastard is just bleeding us dry and we die a slow death
    Sounds like Death in Paradise again :smile:
  • Options
    I thought he looked good in both defeats to Gills last season. Strong running midfielder if memory serves. Bowyer and Jacko would have noticed that to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where does it say six month deal for Parker?

On the OS;

'The 28-year-old striker has put pen to paper on a six-month contract at The Valley and becomes Lee Bowyer’s fourth signing of the January transfer window following the arrivals of Jonny Williams, Chris Maxwell and Ben Purringt'on.
  • Options
    Not very whelmed I’m afraid. Smacks of make do with our last choice. In Gallen and Bowyer we trust but this doesn’t feel right. Good luck anyway Josh.
  • Options

I think the point is that Bowyer, Gallen, JJ and so many of the staff are working their backsides off. So far they've come up trumps, but you can't keep relying on them to pull the rabbit out of the hat. If they rated him so highly why a 6 month contract? I hope, really hope, he turns out to be another gem that for some reason hasn't exactly been prolific in his 150 odd games in the past 10 years, 32 goals I believe, but they are working with one hand tied behind their backs, the one year we've a real chance to get into the top two and we sell our top striker and bring in what appears to be a journeyman on a 6 month contract. But then thats about what the manager has left on his as does a lot of the squad.......

Holmes we saw the best of, I don't believe he'll reach those heights again, and he's not an out and out striker which is what we need.
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:

I thought he looked good in both defeats to Gills last season. Strong running midfielder if memory serves. Bowyer and Jacko would have noticed that to.

This. Better than Atrocious and Love Child.
  • Options

Good variety of goals in this clip including one at the valley, and a surprising amount of headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc87iG6L7t4

some cracking goals there .. spring heels .. if he links up well with Taylor he'll do for us .. reminds me of Calvin Andrew the experienced Rochdale striker
  • Options
    If you read Bowyer's comments on the OS, you'd be forgiven for thinking he'd just signed Messi. Unbelievable.
  • Options

how about we give him a chance before we start slagging him off ?

Totally agree, Lincs.

As long as his caravan doesn't add to the carpark's potholes.

( Only joking, Josh, honest.)
    Fanny, now we have signed Parker, is anyone else on their way or ?

Will that be all m'lady.
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:

He’s a striker don’t you know. At least he is now.

• Options
    I'm surprised from the players point of you he would accept only a 6 months contract. Was he to be out of contract at Gillingham at end of season ?