Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Parker - discussion of CharltonTV appearance p19

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    There are some photos which shows his main flaw very well. I think he was basically a Charlton fan who got lucky. He’d work really hard during games, but when he got in the penalty area he’d freeze as if he was more interested in watching Charlton score than taking part himself. 
    Does he look ready to tap in a rebound in this photo for example?! 😂
    Thought he was a good pundit on Charlton TV BTW, and not the worst player I’ve seen play for us. 

I've stuck up for him but I agree with this. He didn't have that goalscorers instinct. Watch the aerial footage of this and you see Taylor following the initial header up on the off chance the ball falls for him whereas Parker is watching in great suspense. The ball falls back to Bauer and the rest is history. Parker played his part and gave his all but didnt have that instinct.
  • Options
    Our squad lacks depth and a little quality. 
    If we sign the right players in Jan, then it’s a maybe from me, but it is a massive ask. 
    Disagree with this. For the first time since 11/12 promotion season we actually have 2 players per position. Ever since then we have barely had any depth and have relied on kids far too much either due to the money running out under the spivs or Roland's general tightarseness.
  • Options
    That was good composure and a quality finish from Josh Parker.

Dean Holden, are you watching?   :)

• Options
    Scoham said:
    The vanarama training/warm up kit always looks so budget. Why do they not have the club crests?
  • Options
    While he wasn't good enough for L1, it still puzzles me how he ended up in the 6th tier in NLS
  • Options
    Good squad player
  • Options
    Good day for Josh - decent at this level.
  • Options
    Blimey......he can score then. 

• Options
    Seems like Josh Parker's team Oxford City will be relegated, despite him scoring today, and despite him scoring 34 goals in 76 games for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like Josh Parker's team Oxford City will be relegated, despite him scoring today, and despite him scoring 34 goals in 76 games for them.
    Loved Josh Parker, but I’m astonished he’s scored 34 goals in his career! 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    There are some photos which shows his main flaw very well. I think he was basically a Charlton fan who got lucky. He’d work really hard during games, but when he got in the penalty area he’d freeze as if he was more interested in watching Charlton score than taking part himself. 
    Does he look ready to tap in a rebound in this photo for example?! 😂
    Thought he was a good pundit on Charlton TV BTW, and not the worst player I’ve seen play for us. 

Was he a Charlton fan?!?