Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Catering at the Valley

1235»

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Feel like there’d be a big market for non instant coffee pre game but it doesn’t work at half time. If you have to steam milk and brew espresso for every customer you’ll only serve about 5/6 people 
    The current staff would struggle to serve 5/6 instant coffees at half time
  • Would be great to not derail this into a ethics thread, especially when both sides of the argument have valid points (God forbid we have a nuanced approach to things)
  • edited September 25
    The chicken's name is Colin

Any Portlandia fans out there...
  • I (obviously) wish the club didn’t sell and food containing chicken. 
    I think the food packaging should have pictures of the conditions that broilers live in for 5 weeks during slaughter. Tightly packed together and sitting in their own shit so they often get urine burns. Aside from the awful cruelty I can’t image why eating a urine burnt 5 week old chick would appeal to anyone.
    Sounds like the conditions migrant fruit pickers are living in on farms across the uk.
  • I (obviously) wish the club didn’t sell and food containing chicken. 
    I think the food packaging should have pictures of the conditions that broilers live in for 5 weeks during slaughter. Tightly packed together and sitting in their own shit so they often get urine burns. Aside from the awful cruelty I can’t image why eating a urine burnt 5 week old chick would appeal to anyone.
    Sounds like the conditions migrant fruit pickers are living in on farms across the uk.
    sounds like Covered End Lower
  • Barry Higson’s former employees 
  • shine166 said:
    Would be great to not derail this into a ethics thread, especially when both sides of the argument have valid points (God forbid we have a nuanced approach to things)
    Apologies. I’m interested in the catering as I’ve never been impressed with the stuff they serve up. Usually go for chips. Just find it hard to weed out the love of eating chicken from other stuff. The hen sanctuary takes in broilers who’ve escaped from time to time and they are such gentle birds. This is Colin, Rene and Bee.
    Bit undercooked though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Would be great to not derail this into a ethics thread, especially when both sides of the argument have valid points (God forbid we have a nuanced approach to things)
    Apologies. I’m interested in the catering as I’ve never been impressed with the stuff they serve up. Usually go for chips. Just find it hard to weed out the love of eating chicken from other stuff. The hen sanctuary takes in broilers who’ve escaped from time to time and they are such gentle birds. This is Colin, Rene and Bee.
    Bit undercooked though. 
    If they’re only eggs for eating, then they’re undercocked .
  • I wonder if they will do a veggie/vegan option on match days. 
    They do a onion Bahji burger that’s decent