Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Catering at the Valley

Comments

• Never understood the half time pint scramble. 15 minute break to queue up, get a shit pint and down it before the next half starts.

And come back late to the second half too...
  • Addickted said:

Thought it was Gor Blimey - God Blind me.

Yup. Not many people seem to know that these days.
    And goodbye is an abbreviation of god be with you.
  • god be with you horse
  • JamesSeed said:

Saw ‘blimey’ being used on this thread.
    Anyone know the etymology or origin of the word?
    Clue, it’s normally ‘cor blimey’.

I was told the answer by a teacher at my school about 15 mins before he told me my grandad had died, which is why I’ve never forgotten it.

Grandad you say?

Well, my grandad was “proper” Charlton . Knee deep in shite and ectoplasm just smoothing over the surface for a game in the 1830’s.

Just before he got sent to Australia ......
  • CLUB ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH CHICKEN GEORGE

The exciting partnership will bring Chicken George’s renowned fried chicken to Addicks fans, as they set up a residency in the club's Fan Zone on men’s first-team matchdays. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/club-announce-partnership-chicken-george
  • edited July 25
    Chicken George started in Luton and now has a branch near me in Hitchin, people literally travel miles to get some... its proper good munch.
  • Nice. Think I'll try and grab something there. I got completely sick of the food at the valley last season. I thought it was supposed to be improving? 
  • Chunes said:
    Nice. Think I'll try and grab something there. I got completely sick of the food at the valley last season. I thought it was supposed to be improving? 
    Its very good

https://www.instagram.com/chicken_george_jnr?igsh=MTZhbWYwZ3Q1MWtzeg==
  • Will still buy my chips in Charlton Village,cant understand people paying £1.00 plus more in the ground for crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will still buy my chips in Charlton Village,cant understand people paying £1.00 plus more in the ground for crap.
    Its award winning chicken, not boiled burgers...give it a try, you might like it. 
  • Luton Athletic strike again. Chicken George is originally a Luton based restaurant although now now longer operates there. I have one in my town and it's widely regarded as one of the best chicken spots in the country, with people travelling all over. 

As far as food at football goes, this is right up there with the very best.
  • shine166 said:
    Chicken George started in Luton and now has a branch near me in Hitchin, people literally travel miles to get some... its proper good munch.
    I am one of them 🙋🏻‍♂️ it is next level 

one of if not the best for chicken in england buzzing we can finally get some good grub going to a game!

• Not a fan of fried chicken but isn't Morley's THE South London brand?
    Its on another planet compared to morleys mate

They only have a couple of places and the quality you get compared to a morleys/favourite is massive
  • Well this is excellent
    Its on another planet compared to morleys mate

They only have a couple of places and the quality you get compared to a morleys/favourite is massive
    Believe you but I've never eaten any Morley's as looks like grease on a bone.  I know others swear by it.

I have no (chicken) skin in this game!
    Morleys is more like knock off KFC, CG is very much different.
  • CG is top quality stuff, Morley's is just muck
  • Id rather they just learn how to pour pints quicker in the north stand tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    CG is top quality stuff, Morley's is just muck
    Yeah but 2 pieces of chicken and chips for a quid after a J behind Halfords was a great way to end a school day 
  • Id rather they just learn how to pour pints quicker in the north stand tbh
    I dont think the fans bar bar staff will be running the food truck ! I imagine the very well trained CG staff will be doing that.
  • Rothko said:
    Yeah but 2 pieces of chicken and chips for a quid after a J behind Halfords was a great way to end a school day 
    Didn't know they had Halfords in China but how you finish your working days now is none of my business : - )
  • shine166 said:
    Id rather they just learn how to pour pints quicker in the north stand tbh
    I dont think the fans bar bar staff will be running the food truck ! I imagine the very well trained CG staff will be doing that.

Chicken George are now looking to hire staff for matchdays at Charlton Athletic. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact Ollie Bertho at ollie@chicken-george.co.uk for more information.
  • clive said:
    shine166 said:

Chicken George are now looking to hire staff for matchdays at Charlton Athletic. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact Ollie Bertho at ollie@chicken-george.co.uk for more information.
    Creating employment opportunities in the area too.   Well done Charlton.
  • clive said:
    shine166 said:

ah ffs lol, at least CG are doing the hiring
  • shine166 said:
    I am one of them 🙋🏻‍♂️ it is next level 

one of if not the best for chicken in england buzzing we can finally get some good grub going to a game!

@MillwallFan can you confirm this is the same geezer who played for your lot?
  • Rothko said:
    Didn't know they had Halfords in China but how you finish your working days now is none of my business : - )
    My alternative commute home is worth it for some Morleys. 

#catfordlife 
  • edited July 25
    Will still buy my chips in Charlton Village,cant understand people paying £1.00 plus more in the ground for crap.
    Don't come via Charlton village unfortunately. Although the fish/chicken shop up there is top notch. 

Down by the station everything is always rammed. No doubt because the food in the ground is so awful.