Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Catering at the Valley

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Will still buy my chips in Charlton Village,cant understand people paying £1.00 plus more in the ground for crap.
    Don't come via Charlton village unfortunately. Although the fish/chicken shop up there is top notch. 

Down by the station everything is always rammed. No doubt because the food in the ground is so awful. 
    Whatever happened to the chip shop on floyd road/valley grove ? i remember that one being incredible. 
  • Rothko said:
    CG is top quality stuff, Morley's is just muck

It should be for nearly £10 a burger
  • Chunes said:
    Will still buy my chips in Charlton Village,cant understand people paying £1.00 plus more in the ground for crap.
    Don't come via Charlton village unfortunately. Although the fish/chicken shop up there is top notch. 

Down by the station everything is always rammed. No doubt because the food in the ground is so awful. 
    Whatever happened to the chip shop on floyd road/valley grove ? i remember that one being incredible. 
    Closed during lockdown.

The owner lived IIRC in Luton and just opened the shop on matchdays.

Was a good chippy.
  • Rothko said:
    Yeah but 2 pieces of chicken and chips for a quid after a J behind Halfords was a great way to end a school day 
    Is that sentence missing a B?
  • Rothko said:
    Yeah but 2 pieces of chicken and chips for a quid after a J behind Halfords was a great way to end a school day 
    I wish 🥲
  • Rothko said:
    Your not familiar with the traditional post school Halfords wank?
  • I wonder if they will do a veggie/vegan option on match days. 
  • Will be interesting to see how expensive the food will be.
    A good idea however.
  • Will be interesting to see how expensive the food will be.
    A good idea however.
    St Albans had them at some home games last season. I'm guessing that was a success and lead to this, strange it's us but I'm definitely not complaining. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    shine166 said:
    Will be interesting to see how expensive the food will be.
    A good idea however.
    St Albans had them at some home games last season. I'm guessing that was a success and lead to this, strange it's us but I'm definitely not complaining. 

The new Head of Commercial (Barry Higson) at Charlton worked at St Albans City last season
    There we go ! that makes sense now. Also helps if they wanna stretch out into London with another shop I guess. Great addition to the food roster, hope they are there for pompey.
  • They had an outlet at the Family Fun Day today.

I didn't indulge but those who did said it was very good.

• Looks tasty. How much was it?

Palace colours, that has to change 🙄

Was very tasty Henners, had the buffalo tenders which had a decent kick but not lethal. Can’t recall exactly how much my 5 tenders and fries were as I was also dealing with my two kids and the searing heat of the day at the time. An adult meal and kids meal and 3 cans of pop came to £20. Reckon it is in or around the £10
  • This is the shop menu

• I was at the Family Day and did try Chicken George. I have to say it was absolutely delicious and if 5 tenders is the standard portion it will be more than sufficient! Fries were crispy and plentiful (more than 14) as were the different flavours. Mango, sriracha, buffalo, honey bbq and original recipe. Maybe a couple more I can’t quite recall. I predict they will be a hit with the fans. 

I'd second this.  Very tasty, 5 strips all generously-sized and great sauce/spices
  • Sponsored links:

• The catering is abysmal and pathetic. Covered End lower 20 minute wait to get a beer at half time. 
  • The fans bar food tasted and looked like it had been sat for hours and we purchased at 12.30. Chicken george every time from now on.
  • My son was impressed with the new beer vending machine, only 1, but reckon it’s a lot quicker.
  • what happened to the Greenwich meantime bar in the fan zone? Closed today
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    If you want a beer go to a pub, people who run them do it for a living

If you want food, use the stalls, cafes, restaurants in the streets outside, people who run them do it for a living.

No pub or fast food chain could deal with a couple of thousand customers wanting to be served and completed their beer in 15 minutes
    The club seem to think they can, otherwise they wouldn’t have them.

I don’t drink their pish beer.
  • Service in the NU has somehow gotten even worse this season. 
  • Me and my son had some of the famous Chicken George food before the Rotherham game . The Chicken strips were so dry they were was inedible. 
    George can do one along with his chickens.