Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough allocation (ed. SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I blame the CEO.
  • Options
    To be fair, it's not a new ground. Whilst I admire all those in the VG scheme, you have arguably had it on a plate for years with restrictions under your category for way too long, often to the point that non VG would have to gamble on buying a train ticket on the off chance that tickets will go on sale to them. Not sure how long tickets have been on sale but they're still available so you still can go.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

To be fair, it's not a new ground. Whilst I admire all those in the VG scheme, you have arguably had it on a plate for years with restrictions under your category for way too long, often to the point that non VG would have to gamble on buying a train ticket on the off chance that tickets will go on sale to them. Not sure how long tickets have been on sale but they're still available so you still can go.

You having a laugh.
    10 days ago I've booked 17 train tickets for Bristol rovers , now even if we lose every game between now and the rovers game we are going.
    Last home game one mate said his worried because he don't know if all 17 will get a ticket.
    Should get what roughly 1400 for rovers.
    Now if we were to lose every game will we take 1400.
    Yesterday was my 8th away game this season 9 with rovers train ticket booked.
    If it's going to be a free for all for tickets they can let me know next Saturday and give me my valley gold money back.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    clb74 said:

Spanish said:

You having a laugh.
    10 days ago I've booked 17 train tickets for Bristol rovers , now even if we lose every game between now and the rovers game we are going.
    Last home game one mate said his worried because he don't know if all 17 will get a ticket.
    If it's going to be a free for all for tickets they can let me know next Saturday and give me my valley gold money back.
    927 last season, after Bowyer had taken over, won three games running and when we were pushing for the play-offs. Although, the Peterborough saga makes it more likely they will be put on restricted sale.
  • Options
    It’s my dream , Charlton selling out away allocations .
    I wonder what the clubs with real decent hardcore consistent away numbers do .
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

se9addick said:

JohnnyH2 said:

se9addick said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

More tickets on the way according to this twitter exchange

Really hope that's the case as heard several regular away fans complaining about missing out for this one.

Who will be responsible for asking the Ticket Office to request additional tickets ?

Pity the FF meeting wasn't this coming week....
    Tickets should of gone on restricted sale 1st
    Hence the question, why not on this occasion ?

And will this be the same when AFC Wimbledon tickets go on sale ?

What was the point of the , err, points system that was introduced at the start of the season ?

Complete waste of time IMO.
    Will be down the ticket office next week fanny.
    Want a couple of things clarified
    If I don't get the answers I want will be stopping valley gold and want reimbursing the 10 pound a month I've done for this season.
    Why would you take it out on Valley Gold?
    If Valley Gold did not have the ticket priority the number of people who would pull out would see it collapse
    I’m sure they have for all other away games this season - God knows why they didn’t for this one.

That being said, even if they had been given priority, that first phase of ticket sales, where VG & STs have priority would have lasted less than 5 days before dropping to general sale.
    So why not it in place for this game. The club got it wrong
    I don’t disagree but we’ve taken 883 and 716 in the last two seasons. That’s what the staff will have looked at.
    The job of the ticket office in selling away tickets is to ensure those with priority get it. Any long term supporter would have seen the allocation would be an issue based on this seasons form and importance of the game
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    clb74 said:

Spanish said:

You having a laugh.
    Not suggesting it should be a free-for-all. Just saying that restrictions needn't be for as long as they often are, why wouldn't 5 days be enough ?? Brighton away a few seasons back was a classic example where it was on restricted sale for so long that it undoubtedly affected the attendance as we didn't sell out. There are many who travel regularly to away games and are not VG. Right now, I'm neither a ST or VG as I don't want to give my money to RD. Totally get that I shouldn't register any benefits other than the points I accumulate for going away.
  • Options

It’s my dream , Charlton selling out away allocations .
    I wonder what the clubs with real decent hardcore consistent away numbers do .

You need a few mistresses and to start multiplying more
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

se9addick said:

JohnnyH2 said:

se9addick said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

More tickets on the way according to this twitter exchange

Really hope that's the case as heard several regular away fans complaining about missing out for this one.

Who will be responsible for asking the Ticket Office to request additional tickets ?

Pity the FF meeting wasn't this coming week....
    Tickets should of gone on restricted sale 1st
    Hence the question, why not on this occasion ?

And will this be the same when AFC Wimbledon tickets go on sale ?

What was the point of the , err, points system that was introduced at the start of the season ?

Complete waste of time IMO.
    Will be down the ticket office next week fanny.
    Want a couple of things clarified
    If I don't get the answers I want will be stopping valley gold and want reimbursing the 10 pound a month I've done for this season.
    Why would you take it out on Valley Gold?
    If Valley Gold did not have the ticket priority the number of people who would pull out would see it collapse
    I’m sure they have for all other away games this season - God knows why they didn’t for this one.

That being said, even if they had been given priority, that first phase of ticket sales, where VG & STs have priority would have lasted less than 5 days before dropping to general sale.
    So why not it in place for this game. The club got it wrong
    I don’t disagree but we’ve taken 883 and 716 in the last two seasons. That’s what the staff will have looked at.
    The job of the ticket office in selling away tickets is to ensure those with priority get it. Any long term supporter would have seen the allocation would be an issue based on this seasons form and importance of the game
    The ticket office isn't staffed by long-term supporters. Consequently, the people who do work there are bound to look at the information to hand. In this case they got it wrong, but I'm sure they will learn from that. It also depends what Peterborough were telling them. After all, it was in their financial interest to offer a bigger allocation, but they too will have looked at the last few seasons.

If you go back to 2010/11 we took 1,358 (and 889 for the Championship evening game in 2012/13), but realistically nobody in the ticket office at either club would have looked at that.
  • Options
    How long have the tickets been on sale? How many left?

If you wanted to go you would be on it, and certainly not a game that you would think would sell out.

I really hope that their stewards do their job on the day and you get the seat you have paid for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 restricted view tickets remaining would say most that wanted tickets have got them.
  • Options

3 restricted view tickets remaining would say most that wanted tickets have got them.

Very much the point I was making. They did not need to be on restricted sale. There has been plenty of time; and if you needed a jolly up it was extra came on sale.

The only complaints are from those who needed to ensure that they could get some prawn sandwiches close to the ground before buying.😉
  • Options
    thameslink engineering works only get announced 7 days in advance, this weekend for example the 80 min journey got turned into an 2 & 1/2 our journey involving buses
  • Options

thameslink engineering works only get announced 7 days in advance, this weekend for example the 80 min journey got turned into an 2 & 1/2 our journey involving buses

At the moment engineering works are scheduled to start at 22.30 between Huntingdon & Peterbborough on the 26th Jan,check on the link below for further updates nearer the day.
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=26/01/2019&TOC=tl
  • Options
    Superb...Now lets sell this lot.
  • Options
    And now we have no excuses, this should sell out comfortably given the distance and our current form.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

And now we have no excuses, this should sell out comfortably given the distance and our current form.

Exactly, no excuses. However, bet there are some good ones.
  • Options
    Cue everyone wanting to swap seats to sit behind the goal!
  • Options

Most Rail engineering works start planning 18 months in advance and are known and published at the time the timetable is released. The works that are carried out at short notice are the emergency repairs such as where gauge corner cracking is likely to lead to a broken rail within the next week (as identified by linemen patrols or the video train that Network rail use). I would sooner have the delay than another Hatfield type accident. The line to Peterborough is both Great Northern and Thameslink these days but unless the work is being carried out in the two track section at Welwyn (where the trains are diverted around on the Hertford Loop) They should be able to tell whether there are planned engineering works on the route (which there are on weekend of 19th/20th by looking here
    https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-work?date=2019-01-20#engineering-departure-board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Most Rail engineering works start planning 18 months in advance and are known and published at the time the timetable is released. The works that are carried out at short notice are the emergency repairs such as where gauge corner cracking is likely to lead to a broken rail within the next week (as identified by linemen patrols or the video train that Network rail use). I would sooner have the delay than another Hatfield type accident. The line to Peterborough is both Great Northern and Thameslink these days but unless the work is being carried out in the two track section at Welwyn (where the trains are diverted around on the Hertford Loop) They should be able to tell whether there are planned engineering works on the route (which there are on weekend of 19th/20th by looking here
    https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-work?date=2019-01-20#engineering-departure-board
    Engineering works take place on weekends, evenings and bank holidays

The journey time shown here is subject to change. Please re-check your journey 7 days ahead of travel.
  • Options

Source within the club tells me that they did ask for more tickets but were refused as Peterborough have some form of youth promotion.

Correct. They've filled most of that new stand behind the goal with tickets for local schools.
    Where are the local schools sitting now. Good to see common sense has occurred
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Source within the club tells me that they did ask for more tickets but were refused as Peterborough have some form of youth promotion.

Correct. They've filled most of that new stand behind the goal with tickets for local schools.
    They will be behind a segregation line.
  • Options
    should sell out now although i am sure most that wanted a ticket have now got one, so don't know who will be buying the remaining 900.

am now looking at getting the 10.46am thameslink as can see the pubs being busy went to the boat last time but it was a nice day and could stand outside. the early ko that day is accrington stanley vs derby/southampton so not too interested in that, means a spoons could do a job.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

The sensible thing to do is move all the charlton fans to sit behind the goal and move the schools to the side where the charlton fans were going to be. They just need to stick a sign up and have a steward with a megaphone directly away fans. They can tell the schools that have got the tickets they have been moved. Doesn’t need allocated seating for either stand so the seat number and the name of the stand in the ticket isn’t an issue.
  • Options

should sell out now although i am sure most that wanted a ticket have now got one, so don't know who will be buying the remaining 900.

am now looking at getting the 10.46am thameslink as can see the pubs being busy went to the boat last time but it was a nice day and could stand outside. the early ko that day is accrington stanley vs derby/southampton so not too interested in that, means a spoons could do a job.

I'll be getting 6. Work commitments mean sometimes I'm a last minute decision. Good news for me.
  • Options

lots of kids to give it the big one to if we start losing or winnng

We need to meet fire with fire which means all yours need to go :wink: .