Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2019 Completed deals

Comments

• Options

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46893849

Cardiff sign Niasse on loan from Everton. For a club like that a decent signing

Really? Don't think he is a Prem striker, can't see him scoring more then 3/4.
    He got 8 in 22 last season so he could get 5/6 in 16
    possibly, don't rate him at all. He did have a few sub appearances at Everton though, but Cardiff won't create as many opportunities as Everton.
    That was under Big Sam when he played for Everton though, so outside of set pieces they wouldn't have created many chances either!
  • Options
    Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Kashi scored the longest range goal I've ever seen Charlton score AND he put 100% in every game.

I know, as a fact, Kashi wanted to stay but no contract offers or terms were ever mentioned to him, so he had to look around and do what was best for his family. It’s not a surprise to me that he is back in England.
    I thought he didn't want to play in League One.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Kashi scored the longest range goal I've ever seen Charlton score AND he put 100% in every game.

I know, as a fact, Kashi wanted to stay but no contract offers or terms were ever mentioned to him, so he had to look around and do what was best for his family. It’s not a surprise to me that he is back in England.
    Not exactly true. He wasn't offered anything from the club. Last season he was open to negotiating a new contract but the club were not. The rumour then came out he didn't want to be playing at this level but the fact is, had they offered him a new contract, he would've signed and still be here now.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Sage said:

Ferryman said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not exactly true. He wasn't offered anything from the club. Last season he was open to negotiating a new contract but the club were not. The rumour then came out he didn't want to be playing at this level but the fact is, had they offered him a new contract, he would've signed and still be here now.
    Probably true but I rate both Bielik and Cullen higher than Khashi and wouldn’t have had either/both had he stayed.
  • Options

Sage said:

Ferryman said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Probably true but I rate both Bielik and Cullen higher than Khashi and wouldn’t have had either/both had he stayed.
    It is true, and no we wouldn't have done so in the end the club made the right decision and we have two very good players instead.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Ferryman said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

The other issue is how much money we would have offered him. I'm sure it would have been a lot less than his previous deal which was done in the Championship
  • Options
    His deal was way too much which is the main reason he wasn't offered a new one
  • Options

Sage said:

Ferryman said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

The other issue is how much money we would have offered him. I'm sure it would have been a lot less than his previous deal which was done in the Championship
    Which is most likely why we didn't open negotiations with him and instead decided to cut our losses and look elsewhere.

Would be interesting to know how much he is earning now at Troyes and how much Oxford are paying of those wages.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46863238

Cardiff sign Salah for a club record fee

Sorry Sala.
  • Options
    Jesus am in shock.

Glen Johnson has announced his Retirement from Football

I thought that happened ages ago???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jesus am in shock.

Glen Johnson has announced his Retirement from Football

I thought that happened ages ago???

Out of contract since end of last season
  • Options
    Weird timing to announce it now
  • Options
    Sullay Kaikai has joined NAC Breda on a permanent deal.
  • Options
    Walsall sign Dan Scarr from Birmingham (undisclosed fee)

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/dan-scarr-joins-walsall-2388279.html
  • Options
    Barnsley have signed Elliot Simoes from FC United of Manchester
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46950236

Barnsley chief executive Gautam Ganaye confirmed he would "offer competition for first-team places straight away".
  • Options
    None of those L1 signings look like season changers. He might have talent, but I doubt Simoes can jump straight from NL North to League One immediately

Sullay Kaikai has joined NAC Breda on a permanent deal.

Slightly surprising destination for him, bit of a punt by Breda really.
  • Options

‘to’
    No he has gone Derby

Its a bit like going strawberry (one for mock the week viewers)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barcelona have signed Kevin Prince Boateng on loan for the rest of the season with an 8m option to buy in the summer.

There is then a 30m option to sell him to a Chinese club next January.
  • Options

Barcelona have signed Kevin Prince Boateng on loan for the rest of the season with an 8m option to buy in the summer.

Strange signing, don't see where he fits in. He isn't going to play ahead of Busquets and Rakitic, then they have Arthur, Arturo Vidal and the talented kid Alena.
  • Options

Strange signing, don't see where he fits in. He isn't going to play ahead of Busquets and Rakitic, then they have Arthur, Arturo Vidal and the talented kid Alena.
    Its the Barcelona version of Julien Faubert
  • Options

Millwall have confirmed that Ben Thompson wont be going back on loan to Portsmouth

Good, they 're missing him already.
  • Options
    Hugain to Chelsea is a done deal

Really not our day today for missing our Striker targets
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Really gone off the boil since he missed that penalty vs Juve.
    But he had his best year under Sarri.

At the very least will mean Hazard can play in a proper position