Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2019 Completed deals

Comments

• Bournemouth away to Palarse last game of the season

After Hodgson rejecting Solanke how great would it be if he scores the winner that sends them down

Paulie ' Wake up' , wont happen unfortunately but agree it would be quality
  • Seems like a large fee but I wouldn't be surprised if in two years time people are talking about what a bargain it was. He's only 21, Kane was a similar age when he first broke into the Spurs team under Sherwood and I doubt many people were expecting him to be the striker he is today.

Different attributes, Solanke is a target man solely. Not bad on the deck but i wouldn't really compare to Kane as his potential is not quite as high, also Kane is natural goalscorer Solanke hasn't shown this yet. 1 goal from 25 for Liverpool (i know most will be sub appearances) 7/25 in Vitesse , be surprised if suddenly he started banging them in.
    Possibly but Kane hadn’t shown anything to suggest he’d be prolific either. His record on loan at Millwall was decent, while his Leicester and Norwich records are pretty poor to be honest. Then when given a chance in the Prem on a consistent basis he took his chance. Time will tell and I’m not suggesting he’s going to be the best striker in the world this time next year but I can certainly see him getting 15 odd goals in the Prem which is worth the money they’re paying.
  • David Perkins, aka Barnsley Boris has left Rochdale to join Tranmere. I hadn't realised he was 36 now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46769050
  • Kyle Dempsey (Fleetwood) has moved to Peterborough on loan until end of season.
  • David Perkins, aka Barnsley Boris has left Rochdale to join Tranmere. I hadn't realised he was 36 now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46769050

Always seemed to play well against us.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46764171

Brahim Diaz to Real Madrid for £15m plus a sell on clause that is different if they sell him to Man U!

• edited January 2019
    David Edwards to Shrewsbury from Reading .. was a very decent player when at Wolves, but that was a couple of years ago .. he should do well at our level.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46785460
  • David Edwards to Shrewsbury from Reading .. was a very decent player when at Wolves, but that was a couple of years ago .. he should do well at our level.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46785460

Goes back to the club where he started his career; Edwards also played at Shrewsbury with Joe Hart
  • David Edwards to Shrewsbury from Reading .. was a very decent player when at Wolves, but that was a couple of years ago .. he should do well at our level.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46785460

Goes back to the club where he started his career; Edwards also played at Shrewsbury with Joe Hart
    The way things are going with his career, Joe Hart could end up back at Shrewsbury soon!
  • Gary Madine has signed for Sheff utd on loan, can't see the fans liking that too much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gary Madine has signed for Sheff utd on loan, can't see the fans liking that too much.

Strange one, personally think he is shite. Never scored enough goals, wouldn't have him starting for us.
  • Not obviously the sort of signing a promotion chasing team would make
  • Lee Tomlin signs for peterborough on loan from Cardiff

just seen this .. he's a real pain in the arse sort of player back at the club where he really made his name .. take that as a good or bad name
  • Not exactly a completed deal, but player/coach Russell Martin has left Walsall for family reasons, as his family are in Brighton
  • Not exactly a completed deal, but player/coach Russell Martin has left Walsall for family reasons, as his family are in Brighton

So in other words he wants to go further up north :wink:
  • Portsmouth sign Bryn Morris from Shrewsbury .. been on loan at Wycombe .. looks like a squad 'strengthener' for the run in and one for the future (he's 22)

I swear he always scores against us! Probably the best player in this league if he fancies it, i'm hoping the Peterborough kebab shops are good and he fills his boots!

I swear he always scores against us! Probably the best player in this league if he fancies it, i'm hoping the Peterborough kebab shops are good and he fills his boots!
    No chance, Williams for example is miles better than Tomlin. He’s 31 and can’t make an impact in the Championship. Williams has had to drop to this league to prove his fitness and if we don’t go up, he will leave, if we do get promoted, Williams stays and we have a classy player on our hands. For me, Tomlin isn’t as great as people make him out to be.
  • Sage said:

Lee Tomlin signs for peterborough on loan from Cardiff

No chance, Williams for example is miles better than Tomlin. He’s 31 and can’t make an impact in the Championship. Williams has had to drop to this league to prove his fitness and if we don’t go up, he will leave, if we do get promoted, Williams stays and we have a classy player on our hands. For me, Tomlin isn’t as great as people make him out to be.
    He’s very good but I agree with what you say. There’s much better players in this division and we have at least 3/4 of them going forward alone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Lee Tomlin signs for peterborough on loan from Cardiff

C'mon now... We all know Naby Sarr is now the best player in the league by a country mile.
  • Fulham have signed Ryan Babel from Besiktas. Can't believe he's only just turned 32, seems to have been around for about 20 years

Signed for MK Dons

Signed for MK Dons
    Not quite sure I understand that, MK is a bit nearer than Walsall but it's still a major trek from Brighton

Signed for MK Dons
    Not quite sure I understand that, MK is a bit nearer than Walsall but it's still a major trek from Brighton
    Brighton is north of London, if Dale Stephens is to be believed....

Signed for MK Dons
    Direct Thameslink services between the two I think?
  • Leuth said:

Not exactly a completed deal, but player/coach Russell Martin has left Walsall for family reasons, as his family are in Brighton

Signed for MK Dons
    Direct Thameslink services between the two I think?
    No.

Bedford and Cambridge.
  • Portsmouth sign Bryn Morris from Shrewsbury .. been on loan at Wycombe .. looks like a squad 'strengthener' for the run in and one for the future (he's 22)

don't think it has been mentioned on here. Ben Thomson was recalled by Millwall from Portsmouth. He had possibly been their best player this year.
  • Aston Villa have recalled Andre Green from Portsmouth

Scored against us at Fratton Park in their defeat along with getting a further four goals - I guess thats maybe why they signed Bryn Morris from Shrewsbury yet that could be another player loss that'll hurt them for the rest of the season