Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Comments

• Options
    Very good words from Tyson Fury tonight
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ouch!!... England Netball deserve that but anyone of those nominated deserved the Team of the Year this time around

Just shows how strong British (and Irish) sport is at the moment
  • Options
    I still cant believe Tyson Fury getting up after being knocked down has been nominated for sporting moment of the year
  • Options
    Hamilton or Thomas for me
  • Options
    Sorry but greatest moment was the England v Colombia shootout for me - We'd never won one before at the World Cup - NEVER!!... the jinx was famous
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Thomas / Hamilton / Yarnold for me as the top three
  • Options

Dreadful programme. Can’t watch it now. Used to love it. Switched off after they cut young Billy off.

they were keeping to a timetable, can't just let people ramble on on live tv. they've now gone back to him to let him finish
  • Options
    Kane 3rd wtf he was bookies favourite
  • Options
    Thomas has won then
  • Options
    rina said:

Dreadful programme. Can’t watch it now. Used to love it. Switched off after they cut young Billy off.

they were keeping to a timetable, can't just let people ramble on on live tv. they've now gone back to him to let him finish
    Must be a South Eastern Timetable as they over run every year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry but greatest moment was the England v Colombia shootout for me - We'd never won one before at the World Cup - NEVER!!... the jinx was famous

To be fair I don't think we had ever won an international netball tournament ever either and it was a pretty exciting finish even for a non netball fan! Also agree with previous poster team of the year belongs to winners so I'm glad it didn't go to England footy
  • Options
    edited December 2018

To be fair I don't think we had ever won an international netball tournament ever either and it was a pretty exciting finish even for a non netball fan! Also agree with previous poster team of the year belongs to winners so I'm glad it didn't go to England footy
    No I agree team of the year shouldnt have been England Football; Im banging on about the best moment
  • Options
    PHEW though!!... No one should have gotten ahead of Geraint
  • Options
    the public got it right .. jolly good show ((:>)
  • Options
    Great result, well done Geraint.
  • Options

How many people were throwing beer and jumping up and down, singing in the streets hugging random people after England winning netball.

The whole nation went crazy when we won the shootout by far the sporting moment of the year
  • Options

No I agree team of the year shouldnt have been England Football; Im banging on about the best moment
    Yeah that second point about TOTY was just an aside. For what it's worth the penalty win was my personal moment of the year too
  • Options
    I hate the title of this award as Personality should have nothing to do with Sport - I dont give a shit about how chatty and nice a Sportsman can be and think they should change it

Thomas though really is a lovely bloke!!
  • Options
    The cycling cult strike again
  • Options
    WSS said:

The cycling cult strike again

Once again proves that NO ONE beats the British when it comes to sitting on their arses ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England football should have been the moment of the year, though I actually voted for Cook as I was there!
  • Options

I hate the title of this award as Personality should have nothing to do with Sport - I dont give a shit about how chatty and nice a Sportsman can be and think they should change it

Nice looking wife too :smile:
  • Options
    Loved the special performance of "Three Lions". Best football anthem ever in my opinion.

Here if you missed it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sports-personality/46587465
  • Options

personality
    /pəːsəˈnalɪti/Submit
    noun
    the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
    "she had a sunny personality that was very engaging"
    synonyms: character, nature, disposition, temperament, make-up, persona, psyche, identity
    "her cheerful and vibrant personality"
    a celebrity or famous person.
    "an official opening by a famous personality"
    synonyms: celebrity, VIP, star, superstar, celebutante, name, famous name, household name, big name, somebody, leading light, notable, personage, luminary, notability, worthy; More
  • Options

I just can’t stomach it going to the bloke who wins because he has the best car but that’s more to do with the fundamentals of the sport than anything Hamilton’s done wrong.

Only the best drivers get to drive the best cars.

Someone put a great comment on here previously that’s the reason Messi plays for Barca not Bromley. The best players get taken by the best teams.
  • Options
    I was hoping for Charlton Lizzy to get something once Kane and Hamilton were named.

Not to be though.

The true Sports Personality in the strictest sense of the word was Billy Monger.

What an inspirational and courageous young man.

• Options

How many people were throwing beer and jumping up and down, singing in the streets hugging random people after England winning netball.

The whole nation went crazy when we won the shootout by far the sporting moment of the year
    Not disagreeing with you mate just playing devils advocate a bit. I could argue people reacted similarly to the last minute Kane goal in game 1, or trippiers goal in the semi which garnered the same reaction id wager if the award is all about a single moment.

Point being I can understand why people voted for a literal last second point in a final we had never won before and against Australia in their own back yard no less!

I think Southgates award was spot on and was enough recognition for England football given the circumstances, any more awards would have been overkill for a ceremony celebrating all sport in 2018 and not just football.
  • Options
    Am glad the netball team won moment of the year and team. Balanced by Southgate getting coach of the year
  • Options
    Tour De France is a indurance race so well deserved.