Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Booing Scott Wagstaff

124»

Comments

• Options

Holmes and now Waggy.
    Captain Hook and the wicked witch.

Panto season was underway with Trevor two-reds Kettle sending Sarr to never never land before many had taken their seats.

Booing was bizarre but Wagstaff didn't help endear himself by giving it large to the nabster who had slipped on the slippery surface. (Oh no he didn't)

Taylor the dashing young prince and Marshall with a lovely cameo made for a happy ending.

Naby was Cinderella but in his case didn't get to the ball.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was about?

Why???

He was straight in the ref's face when Sarr made the challenge and then went over to the linesman to give him some advice.

Was chirping and whinging all game.

Suspect his role in Sarr being sent off was behind it.
    He didnt speak to the ref though?
    Yes he did.
    Did he? - As I watched it back on the Football League Show and the moment all the players come rushing over he walks away in the opposite direction to them and the ref
    Happened right Infront of me. He squared up to Sarr, shit a brick when Naby laughed at him, then was straight in the refs ear and then over to the linesman.

He spent the entire game moaning, whining and doing little else.

And as for that beard........

• Options
    I'm sure he will be ok
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Didn't hear any booing personally. Did notice he was anonymous throughout the game just like when he played for us. Done his best to influence the Nabby Red card so he can do one. Danny Green forever.

Huge contradiction there but since you didn't hear the booing that most others did maybe you weren't concentrating : - )
  • Options
    Shame to hear that this happened. I imagine if you were to ask the majority of those for a sensible reason behind why they booed they wouldn’t be able to provide one.

Wagstaff is/was proper Charlton.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Didn't hear any booing personally. Did notice he was anonymous throughout the game just like when he played for us. Done his best to influence the Nabby Red card so he can do one. Danny Green forever.

Huge contradiction there but since you didn't hear the booing that most others did maybe you weren't concentrating : - )
    Bit like Danny Green then :wink:
  • Options
    Very few ex players deserve to be booed. If any. Waggy is certainly deserving of better.
  • Options
    It’s not really news, sadly, to report that we have some moronic fans . Waggy was a limited player but a good team man, who tried really hard. He was also part of our only good years in very recent times
  • Options
    Clapped him on, called him a w*nker for his reaction to Sarr, ignored him the rest of the time, booed the lino for a while for being a spineless git...
  • Options

Clapped him on, called him a w*nker for his reaction to Sarr, ignored him the rest of the time, booed the lino for a while for being a spineless git...

About right.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were people booing him in front of me, I didn't join in but it looked like it was for his reaction to Naby Sarr and moaning to the ref. He was hopeless against Fosu who I thought enjoyed playing against him, which was quite funny. I thought AFC took him off after he was booked as he was a red card waiting to happen with this ref.
  • Options
    Wagstaff did not speak to the Ref at all...

He moaned to the Lino only and squared up to Sarr which arguably should have been a yellow in itself.
  • Options
    I think all CAFC appreciate the effort Waggy put in for us, and as a few have said he is proper Charlton. But if you go back to Charlton with your new team and give the billy big bollox squaring up to players and trying to get them sent off then you are asking to be booed imo.
  • Options
    Would be disappointing if his name was booed when the teams were announced, or on his first touch of the ball....but i assume it was because of his reaction to naby's tackle. Just watched the highlights and hes right over to him mouthing off until he realises how big sarr is! He then backtracks and chases after the linesman trying to get him sent off! Contrast that to the reaction of our lads when their fella dives and gets sent off, and to taylor when he scores and doesnt celebrate. The old wimbledon never had any class either tbf, so not surprised the new one diesnt either. COYA!
  • Options
    Very disappointed to read this, one of the last Charlton players I would like to hear booed.
  • Options

A bit of perspective for those not there. I didn't hear any booing of Wagstaff at any time.
    (Obviously there was as said above, but I heard nowt. Non-issue).

Aah, I didn't realise it was Waggy.
    Yes, there were a couple of boos because he "helped" getting Sarr sent off.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
    Youve got the wrong player but carry on.

Some booed Waggy when his name was read out so double nonsense.

Was and is better than Danny Green. Wore a black and white protest scarf, always gave 100%.
    Carry on with what? I said that wagstagff rolled around like he had been shot to get Sarr sent off, then i back tracked when it was pointed out that it wasn’t wagstagff that was rolling around the floor. It was wagstagff who was in the ear of the officials though, trying to influence the officials decision, which is why some people booed. He has returned as a player before and got a good reception, he returned this time and after 30 seconds he was trying to influence the refs decision. A small number of people booed him for what I assume were his actions in the sending off incident.

Why bring Danny green into it or a black and white scarf. Danny green didn’t try and influence the ref! A scarf didn’t either. Bit of a weird thing to type seeing it had nothing to do with my original post.
  • Options

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
    Youve got the wrong player but carry on.

Some booed Waggy when his name was read out so double nonsense.

Was and is better than Danny Green. Wore a black and white protest scarf, always gave 100%.
    Carry on with what? I said that wagstagff rolled around like he had been shot to get Sarr sent off, then i back tracked when it was pointed out that it wasn’t wagstagff that was rolling around the floor. It was wagstagff who was in the ear of the officials though, trying to influence the officials decision, which is why some people booed. He has returned as a player before and got a good reception, he returned this time and after 30 seconds he was trying to influence the refs decision. A small number of people booed him for what I assume were his actions in the sending off incident.

Why bring Danny green into it or a black and white scarf. Danny green didn’t try and influence the ref! A scarf didn’t either. Bit of a weird thing to type seeing it had nothing to do with my original post.
    AFKA, is there a CL Guinness World Record, as to how many different posters on different threads you can start an argument with ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Messi or Ronaldo,
    Green or Wagstaff.

The age old question.
  • Options

Messi or Ronaldo,
    Green or Wagstaff.

The age old question.

From el Classico to el brassico
  • Options
    Whilst Danny Green’s name had been brought up I thought I’d research what happened to him after he was at Luton.

He’s now at Concord Rangers, aged 30, playing in the National League South.
  • Options
    I listened to a bit of the Leicester v Man City game last night and Riyad Mahrez got booed every time he touched the ball. Mahrez did ten times more for Leicester than Waggy did for us so it happens, its football.
  • Options

I listened to a bit of the Leicester v Man City game last night and Riyad Mahrez got booed every time he touched the ball. Mahrez did ten times more for Leicester than Waggy did for us so it happens, its football.

Yes, but he left of his own volition for fame and fortune. Waggy was essentially discarded.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Davo55 said:

Yes, but he left of his own volition for fame and fortune. Waggy was essentially discarded.
    Makes no difference, football is a working class sport, we have plenty on here that moan about the "prawn sandwich brigade" and "sterile grounds".

A fan pays his money to watch the game and he is entitled to boo, clap, cheer and sing whenever and at whoever he/she wants.

• Options
    But the real question is... Waggy or Green?