Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Booing Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Options

I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarrin past few months (I like the fella now)

Wrong thread??
    Why's that admin
    I was asking because you was talking abouy the red and liking sarr, so just wondered if u posted in wrong thread
  • Options
    I booed him at one stage. I was convinced he was number 11 and was just getting involved in the pantomime booing of no.7 to warm myself up/venting frustration at being down to 10 men. Stopped once I realised he was in fact the number 7 that was getting booed. Soz Waggy
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Disappointed to hear about this. I was never his biggest fan but his limitations where more down to confidence and technical ability. He was never want of hard work and was with us for a long time. Got a standing ovation in my living room when he went off.
  • Options

I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarrin past few months (I like the fella now)

Wrong thread??
    Why's that admin
    I was asking because you was talking abouy the red and liking sarr, so just wondered if u posted in wrong thread
    Soz pal, read my post back and tried to explain it.
  • Options
    Very disappointing by some of our fans. So I presume these same people will boo Gomez, Shelvey, Elliot, Konsa if and when we play against them. Wonderful incentive for Aribo, Lapslie and others who may play against at some point.
  • Options
    Also disappointed to hear this. Waggy always gave 100% for Charlton and a honest player. I hope he realises that he is always welcome down the valley.
  • Options
    I didn’t even realise it was him until about half an hour in and I just thought people were booing him for his part in the sending off
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I thought it was because of his reaction to the Sarr challenge. He’s a brave boy to front the Nab’s up like that then he had words with the ref and lino before the red was waved. Shame really because the incident ran into the Darren Pitcher minutes applause which, in my opinion, suffered as a result. Waggy got a good round of applause when he was subbed I thought. Got to remember so few of us go these days that every moan and groan is amplified in the wide open spaces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He had a Tranmere shirt on once when a Charlton player , very disrespectful

And Bournemouth, and Orient! Absolute turncoat scum. :wink:

Seriously though, I just don't get some people's attitudes.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stig said:

He had a Tranmere shirt on once when a Charlton player , very disrespectful

And Bournemouth, and Orient! Absolute turncoat scum. :wink:

Seriously though, I just don't get some people's attitudes.
    Sorry Stig couldn't resist it :wink: .
  • Options
    Generally...
  • Options

Generally...

I wouldn't stand for that boss use your authority :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Generally...

I wouldn't stand for that boss use your authority :wink: .
    Get @i_b_b_o_r_g to look into for you.
  • Options
    Let’s face it.

We relentlessly boo a player who at 16 joined West Ham without ever playing for us.
    Why should this be any different ?
  • Options

Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was about?

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
  • Options
    A bit of perspective for those not there. I didn't hear any booing of Wagstaff at any time.
    (Obviously there was as said above, but I heard nowt. Non-issue).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
    But that wasn’t Wagstaff...
  • Options
    Your having a laugh.
    How many on here moaning about the booing of wagstaff boo other players when they come back to the valley.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I heard Some booing but thought it was direscted at the Lino that had Sarr sent off.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Just seen the highlights as I missed the sending off while cleaning my glasses as it happened. Waggy has got some bollocks to front up to Sarr. The beard must have given him some extra minerals and no doubt Sarr would have crushed him with two fingers ffs.
  • Options
    Pardew criticised us for clapping Deano. He was wrong. And Waggy should not be booed.
  • Options
    Phil said:

Nothing to discuss here. He let himself down with his involvement in Sarr’s sending off ( that’s me being very polite ).
    As such he deserved the boos that were directly related to that.
    He was a very average player for us who has clearly not improved in any way since he left us.

How has Waggy seen the challenge though?

He's only going to get one angle / view himself so may have looked more nasty than it was from where he was standing - As I mentioned at the time, I find it odd that he'd react that way when we never saw that sort of aggression from him in a Charlton shirt

As for being an average player... the two League titles and one Football League Trophy that he's won at this level seriously say otherwise, thought he was one of their main threats in the first half
  • Options

Why???

But that wasn’t Wagstaff...
    Its quite worrying if people think the fouled player was Wagstaff and need to get themselves to an Opticians ASAP!!
  • Options
    Booing Waggy = nob heads.

Always have his all, used to whinge at refs when he played for us and no one complained then.
  • Options

Pardew criticised us for clapping Deano. He was wrong. And Waggy should not be booed.

Pardew IS a nob though, thats the difference
  • Options
    I didn't get booing the lad. He has done nothing against us. Ok without realising it was him (just before he was sent off) he made a tackle and got book and I was calling for some consistentcy from the ref to book the player. But as soon as he was being subbed I warmly clapped him.