Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Booing Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Options

Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was about?

Why???

He was straight in the ref's face when Sarr made the challenge and then went over to the linesman to give him some advice.

Was chirping and whinging all game.

Suspect his role in Sarr being sent off was behind it.
    He didnt speak to the ref though?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Your having a laugh.
    How many on here moaning about the booing of wagstaff boo other players when they come back to the valley.

I can honestly say I never booed a past player on their return unless they came back in either a Palace or Millwall shirt.
  • Options
    Yes we should all be very careful booing Waggy, after all he did rise from the dead this afternoon.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:

Didn’t think it was a red card, and didn’t like the pressure Wagstaff put on red, yes a yellow but never a red

This. His reaction after the Sarr challenge was OTT and a few people around us weren’t impressed with it (understandable IMHO). Don’t get the booing but understand why people may have been a little peeved following his behaviour at some points today.
    Agreed, he was the first player to confront Sarr after the challenge, that was what the booing was about
  • Options

Why???

He was straight in the ref's face when Sarr made the challenge and then went over to the linesman to give him some advice.

Yes he did.
  • Options
    Holmes and now Waggy.
    Captain Hook and the wicked witch.

Panto season was underway with Trevor two-reds Kettle sending Sarr to never never land before many had taken their seats.

Booing was bizarre but Wagstaff didn't help endear himself by giving it large to the nabster who had slipped on the slippery surface. (Oh no he didn't)

Taylor the dashing young prince and Marshall with a lovely cameo made for a happy ending.
  • Options
    Although I didn't boo Scott Wagstaff, because he's one of our own, I can understand why others did. Waggy squared up to Naby and then tried to influence the officials in getting Naby sent off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really disappointed by the people who booed him. Waggy gave his all for the club when he was here and still very much has Charlton at heart. He showed how much he appreciates our club when he was a guest for Solly’s Q&A evening.

As already been mentioned, we really do have some right odd balls supporting us. There is no need to abuse or boo an ex player, especially one who left on good terms, wants the best for us and gave his all whilst here. He did also play a very important role in the side that won League One.

Going on about odd balls, there are plenty around where I sit where every time Steer touches the ball or even when he might make a great save or collect a cross or free kick, they abuse him. Same with Sarr, goodness me they loved it when that red card came out today. I had to tell them to grow up and support the team, it’s pathetic abusing your own players.

Overall, I don’t understand it and it’s a real shame because Wagstaff did not deserve that.
  • Options
    Yeh you cad Scott.
    You got real sassy when Naby cut your teammate in half, and Kettle is so spineless he did everything you told him to.
    No wonder people under 12 years old were booing you
  • Options

I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarrin past few months (I like the fella now)

Wrong thread??
    Why's that, I meant I clapped wagstaff off but don't think he over exaggerated the red card challenge Sarr put on him.
    Are you saying Sarr fouled Wagstaff?

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Anyone else notice him having a disagreement with Taylor after the full time whistle as Taylor walked to the Jimmy Seed?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Anyone else notice him having a disagreement with Taylor after the full time whistle as Taylor walked to the Jimmy Seed?

Yes I saw that and Taylor handled it brilliantly as another player also disagreed with Taylor going to the away end to give applause.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Going against the grain here but who cares if he's one of our ex players. For 90 minutes he's an opposition player and if any of our fans want to give him stick or anything that might help to put him off his game and give us an advantage then so be it.

If people want to give him a clap afterwards as he leaves the pitch then fine, but does it really matter if some fans booed him during the game?

He was a respected player.

It's disrespectful to boo a player that always gave 100% and conducted himself like a gent upon being edged out of the club.
    100%
  • Options

Why???

Yes he did.
    Did he? - As I watched it back on the Football League Show and the moment all the players come rushing over he walks away in the opposite direction to them and the ref
  • Options

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
    But that wasn’t Wagstaff...

Why???

Because he rolled around like he had been shot, Sarr gotvsent off and wagstagff somehow recovered without physio treatment as soon as the ref got the ref card out. That might have something to do with it
    But that wasn’t Wagstaff...
    Oopppppssss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the sky highlights, pathetic to booh him, morons
  • Options
    Only read the title of the thread if you were and you booed Scott you're a moronic fucking bellend
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I clapped him. He didn't leave us under a cloud. Very poor of those fans I thought at the time. The sending off was Sarr's fault, not his.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    My take on a player leaving has no bearing on his footballing ability.

If you leave on bad terms then you are ripe for being given a hostile reception, Scott Parker being an example. Otherwise I feel they should get a warm welcome.
  • Options
    Indefensible.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Didn't hear any booing personally. Did notice as he was anonymous throughout the game just like when he played for us. Done his best to influence the Nabby Red card so he can do one. Danny Green forever.
  • Options
    I heard booing but only noticed it after when Sarr had got sent off so I presume it had something to do with that. I didn't take part in the booing personally.

However I must add that most people clapped his name when it was read out in the line-up just before kick-off.
  • Options
    He used to be a bit like John Robinson when he played for us and hasn't changed now. Not very good at restraining himself from letting his opinion known to refs and linos. But you take that out the game, you only have half the player. I don't think what he did was persoanl at Charlton. It's how he is as a player. When you meet him off the pitch, he is a really great lad.