Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Booing Scott Wagstaff

Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was about?

Why???

Comments

• It was obvious that JP had SW in his sights until he caught up with him in the second half.
  • Can anyone explain to me what the hell that was about?

Why???

Wankers
  • edited December 2018
    I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarr past few months (I like the fella now)
  • Sponsored links:

• I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarrin past few months (I like the fella now)

Wrong thread??
  • Maybe they were jealous of the fact that Waggy has passed puberty and is therefore able to grow a beard.
  • edited December 2018
    Morons behind us in the East. Every club has ‘em.
  • Going against the grain here but who cares if he's one of our ex players. For 90 minutes he's an opposition player and if any of our fans want to give him stick or anything that might help to put him off his game and give us an advantage then so be it.

If people want to give him a clap afterwards as he leaves the pitch then fine, but does it really matter if some fans booed him during the game?
  • edited December 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• BR3red said:

Going against the grain here but who cares if he's one of our ex players. For 90 minutes he's an opposition player and if any of our fans want to give him stick or anything that might help to put him off his game and give us an advantage then so be it.

If people want to give him a clap afterwards as he leaves the pitch then fine, but does it really matter if some fans booed him during the game?

Doesn’t sit right with me. Scott was young player of the year in 2008 - same year J. Shelvey started.

Indeed, both him and Shelvey debuted in the same game.

• Dazzler21 said:

Going against the grain here but who cares if he's one of our ex players. For 90 minutes he's an opposition player and if any of our fans want to give him stick or anything that might help to put him off his game and give us an advantage then so be it.

He was a respected player.

It's disrespectful to boo a player that always gave 100% and conducted himself like a gent upon being edged out of the club.
    I didn't say he wasn't a respected player. I'm guessing the boos were because of his part in the sending off and fans who assumed (also not helped by a tweet from the clubs own official twitter) that he got Sarr sent off?

I doubt he'd have been booed had the incident not occurred.
  • Was in the Millenium lounge, heard from Waggy himself that his contract was not being renewed, he was gutted, we were to, gl fella
  • Didn’t think it was a red card, and didn’t like the pressure Wagstaff put on red, yes a yellow but never a red

This. His reaction after the Sarr challenge was OTT and a few people around us weren’t impressed with it (understandable IMHO). Don’t get the booing but understand why people may have been a little peeved following his behaviour at some points today.
  • CAFCOlly said:

Didn’t think it was a red card, and didn’t like the pressure Wagstaff put on red, yes a yellow but never a red

This. His reaction after the Sarr challenge was OTT and a few people around us weren’t impressed with it (understandable IMHO). Don’t get the booing but understand why people may have been a little peeved following his behaviour at some points today.
    There was booing when his name was read out at the start
  • edited December 2018

I stood and clapped him off, Deffo red card for me, and I've really changed my stance on Sarrin past few months (I like the fella now)

Wrong thread??
    Why's that, I meant I clapped wagstaff off but don't think he over exaggerated the red card challenge Sarr put on him.