Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    We don't even have a game on the Tuesday. Have had time to think about it and feel massively let down by Bowyer and Jacko. Can't believe people are defending that selection
  • Options
    Players marks thread:

Ref is nearly up for man of the match and our main striker is up for 4 out of 10.

Sounds a cracker of a game
  • Options
    Bowyer we may have no chance of winning the cup but the opportunity for Charlton fans to face a championship or premier side is massive.
    And I would add the chances of Charlton getting promoted and being able to stay in the championship under our chairman is a massive ZERO
  • Options
    At the end of the day full strength team or not 75% of fans only turn up If we progress past the 5th round or draw a big team.
  • Options
    tbh, Bowyers comments after the game just make him look dumb.
    Is a dumb manager\coach going to be able to motivate and cajole a playing staff ??
  • Options

tbh, Bowyers comments after the game just make him look dumb.
    Is a dumb manager\coach going to be able to motivate and cajole a playing staff ??

Someone have a nibble, surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For Lee Bowyer, his only redemption with the fans who showed up for sweet FA, will be 3 points by the seaside as the ebb and flow of CAFC supporters emotions are tested to the limit.
    Made late decision not to go Saturday because i was convinced that Doncaster's 1st team would beat the Charlton reserves in a drab affair.

If we don't get reinforcement in January, this injury racked side will fall away.
    Can't second guess Duchatelet but if he speculates to accumulate now then a championship side in London may be worth 40 million. (Unless the old fool put the price up to 50 million)

• Options
    Shows this squad are no where near good enough to get out of league 1. Our best 14 are an average league 1 side at best and the rest wouldn't get a regular start in league 2 at the moment
  • Options

Fully behind Bowyer's decision to rest players. We're not going to win it and haven't got enough fit players for a cup run. Promotion is all that matters.

Ok, so let the club be up front about it by having the tickets at the minimum allowable by the FA.
    True, but I think we know Bowyer well enough by now to realise beforehand that he was going to make changes.
  • Options

Any respect I had for Bowyer is now gone. Put a first team out to do a job on Mansfield, and then a reserve team for the next round. An absolute disgrace. Using the tiredness excuse is risible. My son played semi-pro.£70 a week, no matter how many games . Training two evenings a week. Most weeks, three games, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.Quite often had to drive. Some matches, 2-3 hours each way. Then get up the next morning at seven, and do a proper days work. These muppets haven't a clue about the real world. F**k off the lot of you.

Blimey!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Still fuming over this one
    Daylight robbery to charge them prices knowing that a poor side would be fielded.
    Get everyone's hopes up that we were taking the fa cup seriously with that replay side that was put out
    Then go a put out that dross in the next round
    As for the bench well??
    At least have a few decent players who could have come on should it still have been 0-0 on 80 mins and made a last ditch fight of it
    Bowyer sorry to say u f**ked up big time
  • Options

Any respect I had for Bowyer is now gone. Put a first team out to do a job on Mansfield, and then a reserve team for the next round. An absolute disgrace. Using the tiredness excuse is risible. My son played semi-pro.£70 a week, no matter how many games . Training two evenings a week. Most weeks, three games, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.Quite often had to drive. Some matches, 2-3 hours each way. Then get up the next morning at seven, and do a proper days work. These muppets haven't a clue about the real world. F**k off the lot of you.

Argree 100%,dont get all this tired bullshit.
    They are professional athletes.
  • Options
    Maidstone got a bigger crowd on Saturday for their game against Oldham.
  • Options

This. If they can't play a couple of extra cup matches in november and december, what sort of state are they going to be in come april?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This. If they can't play a couple of extra cup matches in november and december, what sort of state are they going to be in come april?
    Yes. I had 5 pints Friday night after a busy day and still turned up for the game.
    Footballers today are pathetic.
    Players used to have a few pints the night before a game, a smoke at half time and still put in a top notch performance.
  • Options
    Had a chat with Theo Foley today (He's coming to Bromley Addicks on Thursday BTW).

Looking forward to him discussing this topic with Covered End.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the meltdown if Doncaster get Palace or Millwall or a top 6 premier league side.
  • Options
    Ask him about when we used 2 play consecutive days good Friday and easter Saturday, 68 69 we won both same team as well I think
  • Options
    Doncaster are ball 63. Would we have been the same number ?
  • Options
    Id say seeing as were out the competition it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Doncaster are ball 63. Would we have been the same number ?

Yes. It’s based on the order the second round tie came out in the last draw. We were the penultimate tie drawn. The 44 clubs from the top two divisions are put in alphabetical order and the remainder added in draw sequence from the second round.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Disgusted. Not getting to see us lose 7-0 to Tottenham Hotspur U23s has ruined my season.
  • Options

Disgusted. Not getting to see us lose 7-0 to Tottenham Hotspur U23s has ruined my season.

Whereas beating Wycombe Wanderers et al has made it?