Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2019

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

With Football Manager these days can you save your PC game and load it up on FM Touch or am I talking bullshit?

Don't play FM Touch myself but pretty sure you can, assuming you mean switching between your FM Touch save on PC and tablet. Won't work with the full PC version.
    This is a completely different game...

Once again CharltonLife provides the answers that seem impossible to find via. Google
  • Options
    We have been taken over by someone with less money than Roland (50 mil in debt), got to January and every time I sell a player, it says 250k or whatever has been transferred to the transfer budget, but it doesn't ever show. budget stays at 0. Anyone else seen this? Or is it a glitch?
  • Options
    Had a go at the touch version the weekend , briefly. Started well, might invest but not sure i will have the time. My mate carried on my season and won league one , Taylor getting 30 goals ( maybe a few more) , had a takeover mid season and has the lowest budget in the championship now and sold Karlan Grant for £2.6million.

Love the game but took probably most the friendlies to get used to it, think it would be better on laptop but again not sure worthwhile, struggle to even play fifa lately so just seems pointless. Although i could do with a few tight weekends which this could effectively save me money :)
  • Options

Club has been taken over by ex Millwall chief Andy Ambler who wants to put Simon Grayson in charge. Decision to be made in a week.
    I’m top of the league mate, sack me and I’ll be protesting in the car park

Watch your ankles on those potholes
  • Options
    edited November 2018

We have been taken over by someone with less money than Roland (50 mil in debt), got to January and every time I sell a player, it says 250k or whatever has been transferred to the transfer budget, but it doesn't ever show. budget stays at 0. Anyone else seen this? Or is it a glitch?

If you click on the finances tab, in the bottom left corner it will tell you the percentage you receive of any transfer fee you get for players. I imagine yours will say 0%, you can ask your board to increase the percentage but If they're skint they'll probably say no.
  • Options

Club has been taken over by ex Millwall chief Andy Ambler who wants to put Simon Grayson in charge. Decision to be made in a week.
    I’m top of the league mate, sack me and I’ll be protesting in the car park

Given a stay of execution. “After speaking to the players and finding you in such high regard it would be unwise to replace you as manager”

That’s right Ambler. Know your place.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor is unreal. 19 goals in 23 games
  • Options
    Is gegenpressing still broken?
  • Options

Is gegenpressing still broken?

Yep, totally.

Although it does seem a little more balanced as I'm getting tons of reds/yellows, although that might just be Champ refs being tougher, gonna need a rethink in The Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's wrong with the gegenpressing? I've not really used it, prefer a possession based tactic usually but was thinking about doing one with Liverpool or Dortmund with the gegenpress.
  • Options

What's wrong with the gegenpressing? I've not really used it, prefer a possession based tactic usually but was thinking about doing one with Liverpool or Dortmund with the gegenpress.

It's crazy OP.
  • Options

Haven’t had much time to play so far. Still only in March of the first season but Lyle is still immense.
    31 goals in 35 games
    Karlan has 19 in 36 too

Don’t think I’ve had less than 4 or 5 first team players out injured at any one time though. Every time 1 gets fit another is out for 4-6 weeks
  • Options

Haven’t had much time to play so far. Still only in March of the first season but Lyle is still immense.
    31 goals in 35 games
    Karlan has 19 in 36 too

Don’t think I’ve had less than 4 or 5 first team players out injured at any one time though. Every time 1 gets fit another is out for 4-6 weeks
    Very realistic then, looking at our squad
  • Options
    Worth getting? Had 2018 but dont think I fancied playing it like I do the new one? Worth a punt?
  • Options

Worth getting? Had 2018 but dont think I fancied playing it like I do the new one? Worth a punt?

I skipped 2018, so went 2017 to 19awesome.
  • Options
    If you’re not sure it’s worth trying the demo
  • Options
    Bit the bullet and got it! Started unemployed and got offered the Charlton role after Bowyer had been booted!

New owner came in and has no money! played 3 won 2 and drew 1 so good start overall!

Like it so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing a Derby season at the moment, 15 games in and still unbeaten.

I have an 8 point lead at the top of the table already. I'm on 39 and Leeds are second with 31.

Only thing bugging me is getting Marriott to score from open play. He's on 8 for the season but only two of those are from open play, the rest are tap ins at corners :-(

If anyone has any bright ideas do share :-)
  • Options
    Get the players to work the ball into the box?
  • Options
    What distance is he shooting from? Turn off shoot from distance and whip them crosses in.

Currently on season 7, loving this version!
  • Options
    I'll try a few games working the ball into the box more and see if it does much. We're already having plenty of possession so just a bit wary of changing it too much when we're winning every game anyway.

He's not really getting any chances at the moment and we've been crossing low as he's not the tallest. I may change my one winger to an inside forward as well, hoping it could drag a defender out of position to deal with them while giving Marriott more space possibly.

• Options
    Unless my strikers are tiny, I always have mixed crosses, keeps the defenders on their toes!
  • Options
    How much is it in the UK? Having access to Chinese steam is amazing, 150RMB for FM19, or around 17quid!
  • Options

How much is it in the UK? Having access to Chinese steam is amazing, 150RMB for FM19, or around 17quid!

I paid about £28 using voidu.com (pre-order before it was out, included the beta).
  • Options
    Got it over the Christmas period. Gegenpressing is ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. Started as Charlton with no money. First thing I did was sell Sarr to get him off the wage bill and replaced him with Milan Milanovic on a free, who only wants about £775 a week. Karlan is insanely good in the this version so I've been playing a flatish 4-4-2 with pressing tactics. Got taken over early on by some English no-marks who didn't change the finances at all. They wanted to replace me with Simon Grayson but I won every game between the takeover and them making their decision so I kept my job. Won the league at a canter and even got to the semis of the FA Cup (went out to Tottenham 6-3. 2-2 at HT then Son scored four times in 8 minutes. I don't want to talk about it.) Aribo was L1 player of the year and scored something insane like 14 goals as a deep-lying playmaker. Sold off all the players whose contracts were due to expire at the end of the season for a bit of cash and a reduced wage budget in January (Bauer, Igor, Ajose, none of them first 11 worthy, all of them overpaid, plus Fosu because he couldn't play in my formation and he was a dick about it) and got in loans (Ampadu, great) and frees to cover the gaps, including Darren Bent for my own amusement. Managed to get Aribo and Grant to sign new deals on the basis that they'd get a massive wage rise every year that I couldn't afford and higher division club minimum release fees knowing I'd lose them via sales anyway.

Went into the start of the Championship season with £195k as a transfer budget and a lot of fear, but sold Grant for £7.5m to Wolves (Sunderland bid £9.25m but he told them to swivel, the jerk) and Aribo to newly-Prem promoted Blackburn for £5.25m and that solved all my money troubles. Signed a load of frees and loans for either no contribution or very small percentages (Jay Dasilva, Axel Tuanzebe, Kasey Palmer, Dominic Calvert-Lewin), spent £1m on fees and I'm pissing the Championship as well. Thinking of changing the way I play to something else just because it's a bit too easy at the moment, we shouldn't be this good. I imagine they'll re-balance gegenpressing soon though.
  • Options
    How do you guys get through so many seasons so quickly? Seems to take forever for me ? Should I be doing something different?