Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• Options
    Nothing and I’m approaching a million total in the club. Obviously pack luck is a big factor but being smart with SBCs, investments etc is easier than it seems.
  • Options
    Bought the champions edition of the game so got packs through that, not spent money on packs though as this year there is so many ways to make money
  • Options
    So many glitches in FIFA every single year, but this year the game is still so good that I can forgive them for that.
  • Options

I am sorry but thats not a foul, it was a fantastic timed challenge.

Yet the ref gave a penalty and sent Cahill off
  • Options

Blatant penno
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues selling players on CM.

I am now into my 3rd season and have never sold a player, everytime I come close the player rejects a move
  • Options

I am now into my 3rd season and have never sold a player, everytime I come close the player rejects a move

Sounds like you are paying your players too much
  • Options

Sounds like you are paying your players too much
    Haha not at all.

Even Maloney who is on under 1k has rejected 4 moves now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of players refused loan moves so I canceled their contracts. Sold 5-6 players in two windows without problem though.
  • Options

come on then chaps fess up, who has spent the most on packs on here?

Dont buy packs, played a few games FUT the other day but connection threw me out, teams i were playing were ridiculous wish it matched you to similar overall team. Still get a few wins against them but it does get a bit silly.

Career mode, finished first season 2nd , quarter final lost to Wolves Emirates cup, went out early in other cups (half deliberate). Taylor 22 goals, Grant 13, Prattley 9. Just about to start 2nd season signed Brewster, Rowe, Italian keeper from Milan 19 years old as good as Phillips so will be new no1 lots of potential.
  • Options

Looks a penno to me
  • Options

Looks a penno to me
    100% Pen, Stay on your feet.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Looks a penno to me
    How, I came in from the side got 100% of the ball and he tripped over my leg after, it was never a pen
  • Options

Looks a penno to me
    How, I came in from the side got 100% of the ball and he tripped over my leg after, it was never a pen
    Never a pen

To be honest, u have pushed the code to the extreme with that example. Clearly it's coded so if u contact before play ball it's a foul.

Your example is the de facto test of that.

Never a pen u shouldered , then got the ball clean

Game has picked up on the shoulder challenge
  • Options
    Let's face it, you deserve to be red carded from this thread for recording 17 seconds of the build up to the foul.
  • Options
    I've got split personality on this one. When I play on CM I enjoy it, doing well, although does annoy me how under-powered pace is this year.

On Pro Clubs with my mates its infuriating. It's impossible to defend it feels, crossing is totally cack, you can't get the ball over the defenders and when you do they pull out a last minute over head kick clearance when they're a 6' 4" lump. Corners just don't seem to work when we used to score for fun from corners, and our players feel 100x worse than their players to me at the moment. Can't work out what's going wrong but can barely score. Also think that defending is rubbish on this game. Standing tackle is slow and unresponsive by the time your player puts his foot out, the other players moved another 5 yards, and its really boring just trying to park as many players behind the ball as possible but it seems to be the only way to defend.
  • Options

I've got split personality on this one. When I play on CM I enjoy it, doing well, although does annoy me how under-powered pace is this year.

On Pro Clubs with my mates its infuriating. It's impossible to defend it feels, crossing is totally cack, you can't get the ball over the defenders and when you do they pull out a last minute over head kick clearance when they're a 6' 4" lump. Corners just don't seem to work when we used to score for fun from corners, and our players feel 100x worse than their players to me at the moment. Can't work out what's going wrong but can barely score. Also think that defending is rubbish on this game. Standing tackle is slow and unresponsive by the time your player puts his foot out, the other players moved another 5 yards, and its really boring just trying to park as many players behind the ball as possible but it seems to be the only way to defend.

Persevere it does get better buddy.

My ps4 nearly went in the bin after a couple of games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks a pen to me.

He's going away from goal Paulie, no need to dive in, just stand him up.
  • Options

Persevere it does get better buddy.

My ps4 nearly went in the bin after a couple of games
    You say that but i've played a fair bit more than a couple of games haha :neutral:

Online it just feels impossible, against PC I do fine, but impossible to tackle against a human opponent it feels and defending used to be what I did best.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I'm with you mate. Played a good 40-50 games now desperately trying to like it and I just can't.

There's lots of little niggles that annoy me more than they probably should. But I can get over them, it's always been the case with FIFA. (No game is perfect). But IMO there are some massive fundamental flaws with the gameplay this year which are really holding it back for me.

The way defenders catch up and shrug you off the ball instantly when you've burst through. For me this is EA implementing a quick fix to stop the ridiculous levels to which you could abuse pace in the past, rather than taking the time to actually balance the match engine.

Somewhat linked to this, it feels so hard to beat AI players with dribbling now. Granted, I've only really used lower league teams so maybe this is better with top players, but the AI seems totally clairvoyant. When I cut inside, they read it and step across me to get the ball. Try to dart down the outside, and they're in the right place for that. They always know what you're going to do! It feels like the AI as a whole is just quicker/ stronger in every single 50/50 situation.

Crossing has got worse as well. I either fail to get it off the floor and it's gets cleared by the first man. Or it goes sailing over everyone. And low crosses are even worse. I try to drill it across goal for an unmarked striker at the back post and it gets belted back to the halfway line.

Online is better as you're playing against other humans who actually make mistakes and can't ready everything you're going to do. But I find defending online to be almost impossible. I may just be expecting too much here. It is a game after all and the developers are obviously going to advantage attacking play. But it does feel like even very poor players are guaranteed several clear cut chances per game and there's not much you can do about it. I'm willing to concede that I'm probably just horrendous at defending!

In past years I've been able to lose a game and still feel like I've enjoyed it, even if it occasionally wound me up. This time around, I'm winning games comfortably and scoring shedloads of goals and still coming away feeling annoyed and totally dissatisfied. Think that speaks volumes really. All this said I'm still playing it, and I'm hoping once I've ranted a bit and come to terms with all these annoyances that I'll enjoy the game as I always have before.
  • Options
    @alicwkd I was going to change some of the AI settings, but then started having more joy so resisted doing it. But if you are struggling, adjust the sliders and remove the stuff that annoys you, at least until you feel good enough to reset them. Especially the distance the AI defenders stay at, and maybe their passing accuracy. Paulie has the right idea - play on a level until you smash it, then make it harder.

I try and avoid crossing in general, but have had a bit more joy when I have seen open players than on the last game. I do have it on assisted tho.

I did feel a lot like you at first, but something clicked over the last couple of times I played it and now I'm really enjoying CM mode.
  • Options

come on then chaps fess up, who has spent the most on packs on here?

Dont buy packs, played a few games FUT the other day but connection threw me out, teams i were playing were ridiculous wish it matched you to similar overall team. Still get a few wins against them but it does get a bit silly.

Career mode, finished first season 2nd , quarter final lost to Wolves Emirates cup, went out early in other cups (half deliberate). Taylor 22 goals, Grant 13, Prattley 9. Just about to start 2nd season signed Brewster, Rowe, Italian keeper from Milan 19 years old as good as Phillips so will be new no1 lots of potential.
    It matches you against people with similar skill. Much better than matching with similar teams.
    It’s not 100% but you should come up against players of a similar level to you much more often this year. The whole matchmaking system is geared towards it.
  • Options
    Just started picking up wins on legendary... It's literally 1-0 here and there or 0-4
  • Options
    Just packed Kane and Sterling from an SBC.
  • Options
    Torn between getting Aguero and Aubameyang.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

@alicwkd I was going to change some of the AI settings, but then started having more joy so resisted doing it. But if you are struggling, adjust the sliders and remove the stuff that annoys you, at least until you feel good enough to reset them. Especially the distance the AI defenders stay at, and maybe their passing accuracy. Paulie has the right idea - play on a level until you smash it, then make it harder.

I try and avoid crossing in general, but have had a bit more joy when I have seen open players than on the last game. I do have it on assisted tho.

I did feel a lot like you at first, but something clicked over the last couple of times I played it and now I'm really enjoying CM mode.

That's the thing though, I'm not struggling in terms of results. I've won the vast majority of my games on legendary difficulty. Perhaps that's half the problem. I'm not being challenged so I'm looking too much into the way I'm playing rather than just being satisfied to win games. I don't know, I'm going to persevere for a bit anyway and see if I can get used to it.
  • Options

Just packed Kane and Sterling from an SBC.

Wow which SBC?