Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 19 (The Computer Game)

Comments

• Options
    First time I’ve played the new Fifa tonight with mates. I’m not a huge video game type person and whenever i have played I’ve always preferred PES, but this new Fifa is fantastic. Played as Roma in CL and drew 0-0 away at Madrid on world class, which i was well happy with. The game play is so much more realistic than previous editions. Crossing is shite but the long range shots great. Much more addictive as well, as it’s not the same ‘run in from the angle and slot it past the keeper’ type goals.
  • Options

First time I’ve played the new Fifa tonight with mates. I’m not a huge video game type person and whenever i have played I’ve always preferred PES, but this new Fifa is fantastic. Played as Roma in CL and drew 0-0 away at Madrid on world class, which i was well happy with. The game play is so much more realistic than previous editions. Crossing is shite but the long range shots great. Much more addictive as well, as it’s not the same ‘run in from the angle and slot it past the keeper’ type goals.

Online yourself?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Online yourself?
    Eh? I don’t even own a ps4 mate, just come round a mates to give it a go
  • Options
    just asking bud in case you fancied a game in future, got into it myself this year after having it but not really playing last couple of years.
  • Options

just asking bud in case you fancied a game in future, got into it myself this year after having it but not really playing last couple of years.

Ahh soz. I’m tempted to treat myself to a PlayStation after this. Don’t think the missus would be happy mate.
  • Options
    I was playing the first few friendly tournament games of career mode on professional, easily winning 3 and 4-0, as soon as I nudged it up to the next highest difficulty I was getting battered 4-0 by half time. Is the gulf between them so extreme or do I need to relearn the game to cope with world class instead???
  • Options

Transfer list glitch. Unfortunately the coins from all these “sales” didn’t glitch into my account.
  • Options
    I got bored of my team so made this, it’s so much more fun! And Sancho is unreal for a silver card. Will probably replace cook or winks with the swap lallana once I get him, although cook has been immense so far
  • Options
    Does anyone use the web app ? Is there a point to it ?

Also if anyone can help with cheap team building tasks please add them here!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Try futbin for solutions for the sbc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:

shine166 said:

Try futbin for solutions for the sbc
    Futbin is great, but is a good place for traders to drive prices up/sell their own investments by suggesting teams that aren't as cheap as they may seem.

Always best when looking at the solutions on there, to work out the method (eg. chemistry links) and then work it out yourself
  • Options
    I tend to look at Futwiz, Futbin and Futhead and try to work out a good solution from then, usually using a few players I already have and working it out from there.

For teams of the same nationality, a lot of people look at Spain, Argentina, France and Brazil as they tend to have players in a lot of leagues, but I'd recommend looking at African nations, lots of silvers etc in random leagues that you can pick up on the cheap
  • Options
    Also, I think I've found a new formation that I love, switched to a 5221 with the wingers staying forwards and cutting inside, and the wingbacks overlapping as much as possible. Went from 6 games played in WL, 3W 3L, to 23 games played, 17W 6L

May have been lucky with matchups but yeah, feeling good!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    shine166 said:

It's easier to mass trade for profit on the app.

The SBCs? Not given me much joy so far. Complete the basics for sure. But when u have to trade a team of 86 to get a player? Wow.

Edit - use the concept players function to map out the missing links in your squad.
    RedRyan said:

I was playing the first few friendly tournament games of career mode on professional, easily winning 3 and 4-0, as soon as I nudged it up to the next highest difficulty I was getting battered 4-0 by half time. Is the gulf between them so extreme or do I need to relearn the game to cope with world class instead???

I find it takes a different approach, you can score by dribbling past players @ professional but doesn't work on world class. Need to be getting 3-4 One touch through balls in quick succession and you will tear world class a new one.

Play it around the back. Drag the OPPO to one side then a longish ball followed by at least a couple of short through balls. Usually get a runner u can feed to a one on one and finesse it in.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Also, I think I've found a new formation that I love, switched to a 5221 with the wingers staying forwards and cutting inside, and the wingbacks overlapping as much as possible. Went from 6 games played in WL, 3W 3L, to 23 games played, 17W 6L

How's dybala in cm? I have him at st. I got 21 wins this week best so far. I still playing 5-2-1-2 I got the lampard from prime icons sbc he is unreal
  • Options
    Stopped playing it after going up through play offs and winning the check-a-trade.

Key issue I found was that it was a bit shit and RDR came out.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

sam3110 said:

How's dybala in cm? I have him at st. I got 21 wins this week best so far. I still playing 5-2-1-2 I got the lampard from prime icons sbc he is unreal
    Decent enough, I have him pushing forwards and Nainggolan dropping back, but he tires after 65-70 mins so I usually sub him for Hamsik or Matuidi, depends on if I'm chasing the game or holding a lead
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Loving this FIFA. I think theyve found a good balance. It's not all about pace this year. It's other things to take into consideration. Only thing that pisses me off is Lloris is OP.

Haven't lost with this team yet. Gomez is a beast too.
  • Options
    Can get last years Fifa 18 for about 12 quid on Xbox one. Is it worth getting for my boys 8&5 as we would not let them play online just by themselves. Never owned a Fifa so not sure what modes it has.
  • Options
    Should be able to get it 2nd hand for about 2.99, if not now in two weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure there is someone on here with xbox version that won't use it.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Can get last years Fifa 18 for about 12 quid on Xbox one. Is it worth getting for my boys 8&5 as we would not let them play online just by themselves. Never owned a Fifa so not sure what modes it has.

I'd say yes definitely. If there not going online
  • Options
    Thanks all.
  • Options

Loving this FIFA. I think theyve found a good balance. It's not all about pace this year. It's other things to take into consideration. Only thing that pisses me off is Lloris is OP.

Haven't lost with this team yet. Gomez is a beast too.

What do you mean by OP?
  • Options
    OP - over powered
    Better than stats suggest and fits with the meta of the gameplay
  • Options
    I'm starting to dislike the game again now I've bashed it a bit, the only bit of enjoyment excitement I have had recently is when I got some very good pack luck from doing some SBCs and built a good team with the coins. I was using a pretty average team for ages and doing quite well, so though when I get better players the little mistakes will stop i.e. you clearly pass straight right minimal power but the player blasts it to someone making a run on the right, your defenders are instructed to just pressure and they stick a leg out and give away a pen. List goes on, games better but so frustrating. You either play on manual and put yourself at a disadvantage because everyone you are against isn't or you play on auto assists and the players cock up.
  • Options
    My current team below, on paper it looks fantastic but I'm actually doing worse with it than my budget team, Aguero feels awful but the budget Lacazette scores most games for me, Pogba is truly woeful, terrible finishing. Best players are Kante and Mendy, both unreal

I packed the below players in back to back packs after doing some SBC challenges, specifically the Serie A, Napoli, Roma and Juventus ones. I would highly recommend, the packs you gain are worth more than the teams you submit
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Best ive ever got from a pack is a 82 card, not worth the fkin time it takes grafting. Im just gonna go back to normal mode and do a career.