Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Listened to local radio whine on the way out of Bradford, the boy and I agreed that never felt that Bradford would score even though we often gave the ball back to Bradford too easily in that second half spell before our second. One of my favourite trips Bradford, good pubs, decent ground, decent noise, Shame they not getting enough in to justify opening the away as I love that upper tier, feels like your sitting on the crossbar.
  • Got a warm feeling about our team and emerging squad at the moment. I’m being a bit restrained as I had a warm feeling this time last year too but we seem to have an edge to us this year which was missing before. “Nasty”. I’ll take that. We’ve been a soft touch too long. The table is beginning to look god considering we are playing catch up thanks to RDs mismanagement.
  • Massive result , just woken up in Birmingham having been pissed all day at t20 finals day . Had a Wednesday fan behind me who spoke lowly of Morgan Fox and hates their owner didn’t have much to say about KM and a Blackpool fan beside me who knew of our troubles and was a boycotter of his own club .
    Nice to see a couple of bloke strike/pings from our strikers , humble pie for me cos I always had KAG down as a bit of a fluffer(no not that type mehmet)/scuffer when it comes to pinging the ball , long may it continue.

E i e i e i o

Can we have some stats of our chances this season please @oohaahmortimer ?
  • Brilliant day, they were excellent, professional performance with a bit of quality in the finishes. I think we are a lot better than last season Taylor is superb everything about him, could go down a club legend one day.

Half time we was speaking with some northern old boy who says he’s been a Charlton fan for 61 years but never been to the valley, never left Yorkshire by the sounds of it, his daughter was in the home end, strange story, tweeted official cafc trying to get them to make it happen.

How did he end up supporting us?
  • I have said before we have the best squad in this division,we have 4/5 players who did not play yesterday who could come in and not weaken the team.we are going to get better,and the teams above us will all have dips when fixture demands take their toll.In contrast to previous seasons,I now look forward to going to the valley and hope the crowds improve to give thiss team the support they deserve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Massive result , just woken up in Birmingham having been pissed all day at t20 finals day . Had a Wednesday fan behind me who spoke lowly of Morgan Fox and hates their owner didn’t have much to say about KM and a Blackpool fan beside me who knew of our troubles and was a boycotter of his own club .
    Nice to see a couple of bloke strike/pings from our strikers , humble pie for me cos I always had KAG down as a bit of a fluffer(no not that type mehmet)/scuffer when it comes to pinging the ball , long may it continue.

E i e i e i o

Can we have some stats of our chances this season please @oohaahmortimer ?
    I was gonna retire percentages till Roland fecked off and since I stopped we’d won 3 on the spin !

15% Automatic promotion ......... 50% Play off spot ........ 34.5% 7th-12th ........ 0.5% 13th-21st ...... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out
  • Absolutely agree Thick & Thin piled on at 33/1 now down to 22/1 and nailed it again!!

COYR Feck off Douchebag!
  • It does seem to be a bit of a contradiction. I wonder if by soft he means that we go down easy in the box, in which case I'd tend to agree - as did the ref. I don't get the nasty bit though. We were committed, aggressive, tenacious, dogged but we were never dirty with it. We put in some furious tackles, but as far as I could see we went for the ball every time.

As for Bradford, I don't think they were cloggers fitting the traditional northern stereotype but they were more than a bit hands on. Very gropey.
  • edited September 2018

Got a warm feeling about our team and emerging squad at the moment. I’m being a bit restrained as I had a warm feeling this time last year too but we seem to have an edge to us this year which was missing before. “Nasty”. I’ll take that. We’ve been a soft touch too long. The table is beginning to look god considering we are playing catch up thanks to RDs mismanagement.

Teams probably loved playing us last season because Managers would tell their players to rough us up seeing that it would be our downfall.

Now I wonder if there is a bit more of a reluctance knowing we can go toe to toe with them as we wont give a shit and just continue to play through them
  • wasn't there .. it more and more seems that we now have a team and management that combines skill with bottle, nerve and the priceless ability to tough out difficult games .. come on you Addicks !!
  • Interesting that we were still combative despite missing Bielik and Pratley, and had on paper a relatively weak (physically) midfield.
  • seth plum said:

We are not far off our first red card of the season.

That was Fosu last week....
  • I think in this case the word 'soft' is replacing the word 'southern' (as in the Northern expression 'softie southern bastards'). It's a kind of a northern compliment to Bowyer and a mark of respect to us Londoners for the sound beating they received ... I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

You have to do something really bad to get sent off in this division.
    Pratley would have gone 2 weeks running in the Prem.
  • Got a warm feeling about our team and emerging squad at the moment. I’m being a bit restrained as I had a warm feeling this time last year too but we seem to have an edge to us this year which was missing before. “Nasty”. I’ll take that. We’ve been a soft touch too long. The table is beginning to look god considering we are playing catch up thanks to RDs mismanagement.

Teams probably loved playing us last season because Managers would tell their players to rough us up seeing that it would be our downfall.

Now I wonder if there is a bit more of a reluctance knowing we can go toe to toe with them as we wont give a shit and just continue to play through them
    Quite often last season we were missing Pearce, BFG (and Clarke) to give the opposition a reminder that there are consequences if they go in hard on one of our players. This season they’ve had the benefit of Pearce and BFG being there and the prospect of having Clarke back to further their education shortly...

Quite often last season we were missing Pearce, BFG (and Clarke) to give the opposition a reminder that there are consequences if they go in hard on one of our players. This season they’ve had the benefit of Pearce and BFG being there and the prospect of having Clarke back to further their education shortly...
    Surely you're not suggesting Billy Clarke is a "hard man" a midfield enforcer ?
  • Bowyer certainly looks to be the right man for the job. We rely on Taylor and Grant for the goals which is a worry but we can bring Fosu in which has to strengthen us and Vetokele will get sharper you would think. Like a few sides, if we have some luck with injuries we could be up there.
  • The number of bookings this season suggests a mentality change as well as a personnel one. I think Bowyer wants us to be more physical and more aggressive, and has now moulded a team "in his image" whereas last season it was Robinson's squad and style of play.

Not to mention Darren Pratley who loves a late challenge... I suspect Bielik / Ward / Taylor will be up for a scrap too if need be

Surely you're not suggesting Billy Clarke is a "hard man" a midfield enforcer ?
    From what we saw of him last season he’s definitely the type of player who does his bit to let you know he’s there, whether it’s deliberate or not is another matter but the effect was probably the same and enough for anybody to think twice if they thought the team was soft.
  • seth plum said:

Morning @AFKABartram